Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Odd Thoughts: Round 1 Game 1 2012 playoffs

Default Odd Thoughts: Round 1 Game 1 2012 playoffs

Due to circumstances beyond my control my ability to post much over the past couple of weeks has been hit and miss at best. I really wanted to get up a pre playoff game thread explaining my concerns about how I honestly felt worse about this series going in than many of you did but sadly while I got started on it I never finished it.

Needless to say the two main fears that I had going into this series came into play in game one and another thing that I hadn’t thought about came up even bigger.

My two fears were Glenn Davis & Jason Richardson. I saw earlier this season how we had no real answer for him because of his big body and ability to hit a face up jump shot. He is so damn big that he moves people out of his way and often times there is just nothing you can do about it. Jason Richardson is an old pro and can be a very clutch shooter who can get hot in a hurry.

Both of these things occurred in game one.

The one thing I didn’t expect to happen that was even more significant than these two combined was that Danny Granger played arguably the worst 4 min. of basketball that any significant player on our team has ever played. I’m going back in my memory banks here and frankly I can’t think of a worse 4 min. stretch by any player (beyond a scrub) during a playoff game. I mean we’ve had players not be able to hit, we’ve had players have turnovers, and we’ve even had some players have foul trouble. But I don’t think we’ve had a player have this perfect storm of a bad series of events that I can remember.

I mean in all honesty Danny was Biblically bad during the last 4 min. of this game. It was so bad that had they sit Granger and inserted Pendegraph in his place that he would not have had that bad of a series of events happen.

With Danny it was one of two things that I can think of. He either still has a knee issue (although it doesn’t seem to be bothering him) or he made a horrid error in judgment in taking a week off prior to the playoffs and instead of being refreshed and ready he was rusty and unprepared.

We can and I’m sure will talk about all of the things that went wrong in this game and there are two ways that we can look at this and neither of them is probably either correct or wrong.

First way we can look at this is by saying that it is just one game and that we can come right back out Monday night and tie the series up, play the right way and go to Orlando with some momentum.

Second way to look at it is by saying that we have now lost home court advantage & while we certainly did ourselves no favor by not being able to hit a shot we can be very concerned that several of the Magic who have been known to have big games did nothing either.

My take on it is this. It’s too early to panic too much but there is no way you can just shrug your shoulders and say “oh well” either.

There are legitimate concerns not the least of which is we have given the Magic the confidence that they can beat us and have done so now 4 of 5 times this season.

Was there anything specific that I can think of that caused the loss? Well, not one thing but there were several things that I felt contributed to the loss.

Frank is going to have to give up on the egg timer. That worked great in the regular season to keep players fresh and injuries down, but the time is now and when he pulled Paul & David out in the first quarter at the usual time it was a mistake. We had a decent lead and were playing very well, then in comes Barbosa & Hansbrough and we lost what I think was a 10 point lead. In fact if I’m not mistaken I am pretty sure that our entire bench went 1-10 in the first half. Barbosa in particular was very poor yet he stayed on the floor for quite an extended time and gave us absolutely nothing. When he went to the bench in the 4th quarter I saw that he was slightly limping so I believe he is still battling the ankle injury, which leads me to the thought that Frank should have considered Jones for a few of those min. as his offense wouldn’t have been any worse and he might have done a better job closing out on defense.

But what baffles me the most is this. How is it that Glenn Davis who weighs 300 lbs and is coming off of a twisted ankle can play 40 min. and Roy Hibbert could only play 34? Davis was just as effective at the end of the game as he was in the beginning so why couldn’t Roy have been? I know it may not sound like a lot but I wonder if those 6 min. could have made any difference at all tonight? Like in the second quarter when we couldn’t score and Earl Clark & Davis were just killing Tyler & Lou why couldn’t Frank come right back in with Roy? Surely there is no way Davis is in better physical condition to play longer.

I know that a lot of people were upset at Vogel for leaving in Collison for Hill to end the game. I have no idea if it was good or bad and I can see arguments for either but I’ll just say this both of them spent the night making Jameer Nelson look like an all star point guard and neither of them was particularly helpful with their field goal shooting.

Why we went away from David West at the end of the game is another great mystery to me. Yes I know they started upping the defensive pressure trying to make it difficult to get him the ball but we honestly didn’t try all that hard either. We have got to play through David & Roy this series in all honesty if we are going to have any chance of success.

Before we do grades, which is probably the way we will do the playoffs, I want to talk about the crowd.

It was a packed house, it was a late arriving packed house but eventually it was packed. This was almost a 100% Pacers crowd, I think I saw 2 Magic jersey’s in the crowd, and they were very vocal and supportive.

In fact at one point it was as loud in there as it has ever been so the team can not say the locals didn’t come out to support them tonight. It’s just a real shame that they had this kind of a turn out and supportive crowd and could not win the game.

I just hope that we get at least ¾ of the building full for Monday’s game but it being a weekday and all that will take down the numbers some and frankly the enthusiasm will probably not be there either.

Ok grade time.

Danny Granger: F He looked like he was on barbiturates most of the night. He has games like this every now and then where he just looks a step slow and sluggish all night long, but he has never had the series of very bad and frankly destructive plays that he had tonight. The worst part is that instead of having a Reggie like moment that some of us were waiting on and hoping for he only gave people reasons to say that he will never be like Reggie Miller. The positive to take away from this, if you feel you have to, is that he really can’t get any worse and can only get better.

David West: B He started out the game controlling the boards and in the second half hit some big shots. But honestly when Vogel took him out at the start of the game he never really seemed to get that rebounding edge back. He still had a good night on the boards but I think he collected 5 of those in the first 6 min. of the game. Either way we really should have gone to him far more often than we did.

Roy Hibbert: B Almost had a magical (pardon the pun) night by having the famed triple double by way of points, boards and blocks. But sadly he fell one block and two points short. Defensively and rebounding he was a stud. In fact that is really all you can ask of your center so while I want to complain about his poor field goal shooting and lack of points I find it hard to complain about a big man who controlled the paint. Why he kept setting up his post offense 10+ feet out when Anderson was on him is just beyond me.

Paul George: D While Danny was miserable Paul was just lousy. He could not stay with old man Jason Richardson and not only did he not hit the field goals he attempted he passed up a couple of shots in the 4th that he should have taken leaving us with very poorly executed offense plays. While I never expect him to be like Rip Hamilton or Reggie Miller on offense I think the one thing I would like to see Paul work on this summer is moving without the ball. In fact our entire team could stand to work on that.

George Hill: C- I never thought he would have this much trouble with Jameer Nelson to be honest with you. For whatever reason he just could not keep in front of him for most of the night. It’s not like Nelson had 40 points or anything but he did seem to control the tempo of the game and I was expecting Hill to be the one to do that. Joined a long list of Pacers who could not hit from the field but he did make up for it a little by hitting 6 of 7 from the foul line. We really need a bigger game from him if we are going to have any hope of doing anything.

Leandro Barbosa: D- Not what we were hoping for. Hit one shot but for the most part was completely, to steal a word, irrelevant. Which is not a good thing considering how he was brought here to be our offensive punch off of the bench. He looked kind of gimpy coming out of the game so if he was injured then Frank really should have limited his min. and either had Paul play more or play Jones some instead.

Tyler Hansbrough: B- He actually tried rebounding tonight and that is always helpful, he also got his hands on a couple of loose balls which he seems to be able to do on occasion. If you would have told me before the game that he would out jump Earl Clark on a jump ball I would have called you crazy, but he did. First half gave us no offense at all but second half he was actually quite effective. Still wish he could be more consistent on a nightly basis but for tonight he did his job for the most part.

Lou Amundson: C Very limited min but when he was in he did what he always does, he hustles, grabs rebounds and attempts to block shots.

Darren Collison: C- He actually did better defending Nelson than Hill did, which in a word is shocking. He along with several other Pacers could not hit a shot but he did have a couple of really nifty assists in the 4th quarter which is not the norm for him. I know some people hate that he ended the game and I’m not sure how I feel. But like I said above neither Hill or Collison played to the level of Nelson tonight.

We don’t have a choice, we pretty much have to shake this game off and just go out Monday and try our hardest to win. I’m not going to lie and say that this wasn’t very disappointing and it does make you feel a little like working so hard to get home court was just tossed right out the window tonight.

I hate losing to the Magic because I hate Stan Van Gundy. I hate gimmick three point offenses and I hate Glenn Davis.

I’m going to say this now, Glenn Davis is a punk. Remember earlier in the year when he was head butting Tyler and clowning on our team when they were beating us. Well he wasn’t much better tonight.

Before I go I do want to point out that our assistant coach Jim Boylen & Hedu Turkoglu got into a shouting match after Hedu delivered a hard foul.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Round 1 Game 1 2012 playoffs

The egg timer was definitely infuriating. I expected some guys playing 40 minutes. I want out best out there. It's the playoffs #dammit.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mattie For This Useful Post:

I think you're overreacting. A lot of playoff nerves from our guys. Only old man West played without nerves. The last four minutes were an exhibition of our two greatest weaknesses: inexperience and lack of perimeter go-to-scoring. Hopefully some of our guards pick up their play and losses like this get us the experience we need. Good learning opportunity.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rexnom For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I honestly don't think Roy can go 40 minutes. He just doesn't have the stamina and/or his exercise induced asthma isn't controlled enough. He still gets really winded out there and when that happens he misses rotations, gets pushed off the block more easily, and takes forever to get up and down the court. There is a noticeable drop off in his performance when Roy is fatigued. Our other guys can push through it better. West, for example, I would like to see play increased minutes and I think he can handle it.
    Last edited by gummy; 04-29-2012 at 03:39 AM.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

"Everyone's values are defined by what they will tolerate when it is done to others." - William Greider

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to gummy For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sorry to repost these numbers from the postgame, but they are very telling...

1st quarter- leading 19-9, outscored 12-3 in the final 3:30
    2nd quarter- tied 40-40, outscored 11-4 in the final 3:37
    3rd quarter- leading 61-59, outscored 5-2 in the final 2:14
    4th quarter- leading 77-70, outscored 11-0 in the final 3:59

Our bench did not keep the starter's pace at the end of the 1st and 3rd and our starters did not close out the halves in the 2nd and 4th...

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TheDavisBrothers For This Useful Post:

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Danny was absolutely terrible after the first quarter but PG was worse. Though it may seem minute, I don't like the move of giving Dahntay's second unit minutes to George. Jones can hit the three, play defense, move the ball, and keep people's heads in the game. He has learned this year to pick his spots. That (fourth?) three by Richardson is what gave the Magic the momentum back. On offense and on defense, I don't trust PG off the ball.

I was going to thank your post, but you embedded a Limp Bizkit video.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Oh, and the pace thing is huge. We had five fast break points and generally let Orlando dictate the tempo. Despite having fast players like DC, Hill, and Barbosa, we managed a measly nothing against the Magic. Part of it is poor outlet passing (Roy, Lou, especially Tyler) and poor outlet pass-accepting (the aforementioned point guards), but much of the criticism must go to the coaching staff. Have PG or DG leak out more and have West throw his Hail Marys. Without these kinds of adjustments that lead to better shots, we're in for a long series that doesn't end well.

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    we can be very concerned that several of the Magic who have been known to have big games did nothing either.
    This concerns me as well. Nothing spectacular from Hedo, Anderson, or Redick.

I can't believe you gave West a B and Tyler a B-, when West was part of the group that couldn't hit the back side of a barn and choked away the win for us. He choked, and Tyler played better at the spot both offensively and defensively in crunch time no matter how you slice it. I'm still not convinced West makes us better when the big lights are on. We choked away a big lead to a vastly superior Chicago team last year with a really young core. This year we choked away a much smaller lead to a vastly inferior Orlando team and West missed everything he shot at the end and looked lost defensively, as did the rest of the starters outside of Hibbert and Collison, who actually came off the bench. No way he deserves a better grade.

The only difference between the 5 on the floor to close this game and the 5 to close the game last year? West. Obviously he doesn't make us all world better because we choked away a small lead to a way worse team.
    Last edited by Midcoasted; 04-29-2012 at 04:50 AM.

I hate making assumptions without evidence, BUT is it me, or did Danny seem kinda "out there" with lack of focus while on the floor? It was almost exactly (only worse) like how he was when he took his sleeping pill the night before that one game where he played like crap and seemed like a space cadet most of the game till the end ...

Some people.... athletes especially... have sleeping disorders really bad, and unfortunately have to take sleeping medication ..

Makes me wonder, that with the extreme pressure of the playoffs the next day, if he wasn't extra antsy/nervous , and thought if he took his medication, that he would get a good night's sleep before the big day...
    I know when I am excited about something I been anxiously awaiting, I have bad insomnia ... I could only imagine if I were playing ball in front of 16k+ people and on national tv... how much of a wreck I'd be the night before.. lol

Like I said, I don't like putting thoughts like this out there, because with the internet, all it takes is some arsehole to turn it into a rumor and spread it as fact ... but if I were a betting man I'd put some money on it...
    That, along with having not played in almost a week .. and what we got was last night's game from him..
    Last edited by Kemo; 04-29-2012 at 05:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    I think you're overreacting. A lot of playoff nerves from our guys. Only old man West played without nerves. The last four minutes were an exhibition of our two greatest weaknesses: inexperience and lack of perimeter go-to-scoring. Hopefully some of our guards pick up their play and losses like this get us the experience we need. Good learning opportunity.
    What?

Come on man I made that post fairly well balanced.

Overreacting would be saying OMG we're screwed, we need to blow up this team, Vogel needs to be replaced, Granger should be traded for whatever draft pick we can get.

But your off your rocker if you think that losing the first game (thus losing home court advantage) to a lower seed without any real true star talent and missing their superstar isn't worth criticizing.

Sorry, it is. I'm not saying it's the end of the world but what we saw tonight was beyond just nerves and jitters. Doesn't mean that it can't be corrected but IMO it can't just be blown off as nothing either.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

17. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

I just wanted to add this from the other thread to try to explain why I'm so low on West right now. I know he can score in the first 42 minutes, but when the game is on the line he always struck me as a player who really doesn't impact the game. Statistics just never tell the whole story. Tyler Hansbrough somehow wins you games without even scoring sometimes. I don't think I've seen West win us a game unless he was scoring. If his shot is off he will not win it for you with my reasoning and Tyler can, per 48, plus/minus, stats be damned.

"Hell I'm being way too hard on West. He had the better game than Tyler overall and probably the best on the team but in crunch time he got absolutely shut down by those scrubs. He didn't get the ball because they D'd the **** out of him. Getting punked at the end of the game like that by Ryan Anderson is inexcusable. He denied West everything at the end. A bunch of hollow statistics early in the game mean **** when you can't do it with it on the line. At least when Tyler plays at the end he wins us games as proven by watching every game for forever. West MIGHT make shots to win you the game, but he doesn't impact the game with the same intensity in crunch time at all I'm afraid.

With that said I hope he makes me eat every word the rest of the playoffs."

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    What?

Come on man I made that post fairly well balanced.

Overreacting would be saying OMG we're screwed, we need to blow up this team, Vogel needs to be replaced, Granger should be traded for whatever draft pick we can get.

But your off your rocker if you think that losing the first game (thus losing home court advantage) to a lower seed without any real true star talent and missing their superstar isn't worth criticizing.

Sorry, it is. I'm not saying it's the end of the world but what we saw tonight was beyond just nerves and jitters. Doesn't mean that it can't be corrected but IMO it can't just be blown off as nothing either.
    Yeah, I probably misphrased.

However, what can really be corrected that wasn't vastly improved in the second half (especially defensively)? Egg timer rotations? Maybe. What we saw was the result of either our guys underperforming, which I think is mostly due to nerves, or just the nature of their ceiling as basketball players and a basketball team. We don't really execute well offensively (been a problem all year long), we don't get our bigs the ball when we need to get them, Paul is too passive, Darren lacks vision, and so on and so on. We are better than the Magic and our weaknesses will lead us to victory, probably in five games. However, we also have little chance at beating the Heat in the second round.

I have limited expectations for this team and thus probably underreact to games like this. I think you might have had higher expectations, which is why I think you are reacting more strongly than I. Overreacting? Probably a poor choice of words on my part.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rexnom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Midcoasted View Post
    I just wanted to add this from the other thread to try to explain why I'm so low on West right now. I know he can score in the first 42 minutes, but when the game is on the line he always struck me as a player who really doesn't impact the game. Statistics just never tell the whole story. Tyler Hansbrough somehow wins you games without even scoring sometimes. I don't think I've seen West win us a game unless he was scoring. If his shot is off he will not win it for you with my reasoning and Tyler can, per 48, plus/minus, stats be damned.

"Hell I'm being way too hard on West. He had the better game than Tyler overall and probably the best on the team but in crunch time he got absolutely shut down by those scrubs. He didn't get the ball because they D'd the **** out of him. Getting punked at the end of the game like that by Ryan Anderson is inexcusable. He denied West everything at the end. A bunch of hollow statistics early in the game mean **** when you can't do it with it on the line. At least when Tyler plays at the end he wins us games as proven by watching every game for forever. West MIGHT make shots to win you the game, but he doesn't impact the game with the same intensity in crunch time at all I'm afraid.

Well since Peck cornered the phrase, you are off your rocker!

With Tyler best you can hope for he does not to much damage to your score and team when he is out there missingdefensive assignments and getting in the way on offensive ones, blocking out his own team mates on rebounds etc.
    Not to mention that you often wondere which number will be bigger Hibberts' blocks or Tylers; blocks against him.

Don't start comparing West and Tyler, it is like a Roller and a beetle, the 2 simply don't compare.
    While I a not always happy with West, I will never make the mistake to think we have anyone on our roster that could play the 4 close to like he can and does.

Our guards for the most part however are simply incapable of getting a ball into the post in a timely fashion, perhaps they think the defense wont try to push them back out again, grab push shove and kick to regain poition.
    That however i think is conditioning, like Pavlov did, and that is a coach's job and frankly I am utterly dissapointed that after a full season we still are unable to do so.

Finally I think to cover that up we went a lot with West in the beginning, where we should have established Roy, and hadour guards drive and get their "bigs" in to foultrouble, no such thing happened, so as far as i am concerned i put this loss for 80% on the coach.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to able For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Midcoasted View Post

This has to be one of the funniest posts I've ever read on here, BRAVO! How exactly does Tyler impact the game other then scoring and inefficiently at that?!

Does he impact the game with his terrible rebounding?
    Or perhaps it's his 0.5 assists per game?
    Even better yet, it must be his horrifying rotational defense, no?

David West is literally better in every facet of the game outside of getting to the line. If it wasn't for David West carrying the team at times during the game, we wouldn't have even been in the game. Scoring isn't everything but West put up 19 points, on 8/14 from the field and 3/3 from the line, while Hansbrough scored 7 points, on 3/9 from the field and 1/2 from the line. If given the choice, it's David West every time...

Also, the thing about the end of a close game is, you gotta have someone get the game close in the first place...
    Last edited by TheDavisBrothers; 04-29-2012 at 08:30 AM.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TheDavisBrothers For This Useful Post:

I don't get to see as many games as most of you but the thing that always bothers me when watching Roy on the offensive end is how impatient he is with the basketball. Especially yesterday with the size mismatches he had against the Magic defenders. Take your time Roy. You can make a move or two, gather yourself and make a strong play with the basketball. No need to ever fling up an off balance left handed hook in this series.

If Roy can establish himself as a consistent low post threat this series will be over very quickly and it will reinforce the same blueprint the Pacers must have to compete with the Heat in the next round.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

It's been clear to me for a week that fans, members of this forum, and, yes, the subconscious of players and coaches for the Pacers took this game too lightly.

This is the NBA. Upsets are very possible. SVG is a good coach. They are playoff veterans. There are a lot of reasons we could lose this series. In fact, if that thought doesn't register soon, we WILL lose this series.

I don't disagree with Rexnom because I think they are a better or evenly matched team with us. I disagree regarding us being likely to win this series . . . because the removal of Dwight has caused a dismissal of the Magic and an overconfidence that is downright deadly.
    Last edited by McKeyFan; 04-29-2012 at 08:13 AM.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Next stop June 2015

Big Tyler supporter here, and I agree DWest is better in every facet of the game, except getting to the line...and I might add that DWest would score the ball any time Tyler might get to the line. At the same time, Tyler is a backup. Comparing him to DWest is like comparing DJones to Granger. No comparison.

As for this game, there are several things going on. First, the Magic indeed cause our team problems. We lost 3 regular season games to them, one in a blow-out. The 1 game we won was in the middle of their losing streak and Jameer Nelson didn't play that game. Their team knows how to play together, is not old but has just the right amount of experience, and they are playoff tested veterans. Just because big Dwight isn't in there does not mean they cannot beat us.

OTOH, we have a group of guys who are not battle tested and are not mentally tough. Sorry, but that's just the truth. The Magic are not as talented, but they are mentally tough and more experienced...and it showed.

Also, as much as I dislike SVG, he has them prepared and has figured out how to defend us. Vogel does have his work cut out.

Then you have the fact our players did not perform well. That's true. It's not the whole story though. Better give the Magic their due and stop assuming the Pacers are head and shoulders better than them. The Pacers are more talented but they lack the experience level and the mental part. Also, Granger is not remotely at Reggie Miller's level and tonight showed that to the world.

Normally I think game 1 is really important and normally I feel if the home team gives a game away that will cost the series. But not this time. Pacers are the better team and the will win this series. I am not worried. It might take 5 or 6 games or even 7 , but the Pacers will win.

And I never make posts like this, but I feel strongly
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 04-29-2012 at 08:24 AM.

29. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

The good thing is we can make our adjustments. We need to quit helping on the drive and make them make some tough layups instead of letting them dish out for the open three.

I would like to see PG on nelson and honestly let him play him straight up. No way he gets that floater over him and it may just stop his dribble drive for kick outs.

The thing is. We did not honestly play that bad defensivly. We held them where we wanted them with thim hitting their shots. We did not hit our shots and played poorly and only lost by a few. With some adjustments this will go in our direction.

We also need to try the small lineup a few times. Sometimes a advantage is taken away when you try to use it to much and its not working. They are not going to call davis for pushing hibbert down low so at some point you just have to go away from it.

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

[QUOTE=McKeyFan;1431908]It's been clear to me for a week that fans, members of this forum, and, yes, the subconscious of players and coaches for the Pacers took this game too lightly.

I don't think that they took the game to lightly. I think it was these players first time in the playoffs where everyone expected them to win. I think they played tight and that is part of what caused the poor free throw percentage. I expect them to come out much more relaxed on Monday and really take it to Orlando. Pacers in six........ there will be bumps in the road......

Mood

Could this actually be a time that I agree with OlBlu?! The optimist in me wants to believe that we will take the next 4, but realistically I think we will probably win in 6, if not 7...

BTW what TV show did you executively produce OlBlu?!?!

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by TheDavisBrothers View Post
    Could this actually be a time that I agree with OlBlu?! The optimist in me wants to believe that we will take the next 4, but realistically I think we will probably win in 6, if not 7...

BTW what TV show did you executively produce OlBlu?!?!
    I still do and that is why I travel so much and live in a motorhome... I was in 32 states last year. I am currently near Philly. No talk about the NFL draft, or the NBA playoffs here, everything is hockey.....

Simmons had a good tweet:

"Orlando-Indy - a classic "1 team has big game experience and the other team doesn't" playoff game. Why that series is a gambling stayaway."

http://twitter.com/#!/sportsguy33

That's a really good point. Richardson, Baby, and Nelson have all been key cogs on deep playoff runs. They know how to win in the playoffs, something we haven't done yet.

Also, this Orlando supporting cast has probably been underrated. These guys played hard all year despite all the drama from that baby Howard. Dwight Howard has basically implicitly said that his teammates suck, so you know these guys have something to prove.

I still think we win this series, but hopefully this serves as a huge wake up call. This Orlando team is still really decent and cannot be taken lightly.

Next stop June 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Simmons had a good tweet:

"Orlando-Indy - a classic "1 team has big game experience and the other team doesn't" playoff game. Why that series is a gambling stayaway."

http://twitter.com/#!/sportsguy33

That's a really good point. Richardson, Baby, and Nelson have all been key cogs on deep playoff runs. They know how to win in the playoffs, something we haven't done yet.

Also, this Orlando supporting cast has probably been underrated. These guys played hard all year despite all the drama from that baby Howard. Dwight Howard has basically implicitly said that his teammates suck, so you know these guys have something to prove.

I still think we win this series, but hopefully this serves as a huge wake up call. This Orlando team is still really decent and cannot be taken lightly.
    Great post. This is basically what I was trying to say. Nobody respects what they can do...

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

this game was really a buzzkill - no matter how much we got down, I always thought that we would manage to just do enough to pull it off. It was frustrating that we weren't blowing them out to begin with and then to just start losing the lead with the next thing you know we lose the game - its tough...real tough...

with all things considered - this was the perfect storm for the Magic to win the game - I just am not sure if they'll have all their stars aligned for 3 more games.

This series is for the Pacers and for the Pacers only to lose - they had the shots but just could not make it.

Side note - What happened to PG's 3pointers the second half of the season? He used to have one of the nicest strokes in the game the start of the season but lately its just not there...his form seems a bit off.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to bellisimo For This Useful Post: