Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The NBA has ruled 2:17 PM Sat

sweabs

Default Re: The NBA has ruled 2:17 PM Sat

All true Sactolover.

But you forgot...David Stern is an idiot.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Suspended for a YEAR???

Latrell Sprewell.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

I think it's terrible that all of this happened, and the Pistons fans do bear a great deal of responsbility, but Artest, JO, and SJ get what they deserve. This all could have been stopped if the other Pacers had just laughed off the Pistons trying to start a fight down 15 with 45 seconds left, as most teams do, and were standing by Artest, and had prevented him from going up into the stands. I know that's asking alot, but if Artest does not go into the stands, it doesn't happen.

The most intelligent comment I have heard in all of this is for the NBA to ban beer sales, but we know that's not going to happen. Fans will be dealt with by the police. Our players will be dealt with by the NBA, and the law. It sucks for us, because our season could be over depending on the severity of the suspensions, and possible jail time. And it sucks more for Reggie because he had his eyes on a championship.

Personally, I lost respect for the Pacers and the NBA after this game. This team's immaturity came out in a bigger way than I ever dreamed. And those fans who have the gall to assault the players also get what they deserve. Those type of NBA fans makes me sick, and they make it worse for the other fans, who could have been any one of us, who get pummelled for standing in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

IT's not the end of the world guys. Players have gone after fans before. There will be punishment just as there will be a fine against the Piston Team for allowing this to happen in their building.

We'll get over it...eventually. It may turn out good for Ron in the maturity thing.

But we will definately enjoy our first round pick more this year.

My fear is the return games both in Detroit and here.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

The message that is being sent by the commish is that if you are a fan and there is a team out there that can be a problem to your championship hopes. You should provoke the players the best you can. Throw things at them do whatever it takes. Just get them in the stands. Don't get me wrong what the p's did was wrong. You do not go into the stands but at the same time if the pacers are hit hard with suspensions you are opening the door for fans to "take out teams" that stand in their way. What if 10 or 12 friends decide that they want to ruin the Pistons season. It would not be that difficult. Just go to a Piston game. It does not have to be in Indy. Just go anywhere and "set them up" with a few weeks left in their season. This is the pandora's box that is about to be open. Be careful what you do with your decision commish.
    [edit=555=1100998278][/edit]

I think some of you are jumping the gun on this. Artest is going to get the longest suspension, but I would hope the league can look at the big picture, and think of their liability. They have a piston starting the turmoil that set the fans off. They're serving alcohol without control. They have players, and fans getting hurt in part due to lack of security.
    I can't see anyone getting suspended for the year, and would hope Artest would get no more then 10 games, with everyone else getting 3-5.