Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The NBA has ruled 2:17 PM Sat

Default Re: The NBA has ruled 2:17 PM Sat

David Stern is jewish. Jewish people love money. Fans pay to see the game. End of story.

Ok, I know that may not be accurate, but being jewish myself, I thought it was kinda funny.

I'm assuming Reggie will play. What an upsetting chance for Bender to be the man. If he was playing, he could be our number 1 option. Now who will be our number 1 option, Croshere? Tinsley?

sweabs

JO did not go on the stands. But when there are fools challenging us ON THE COURT he has every right to knock them out.

This is just awful...so much for getting any studying done this weekend.

The Players Union MUST MUST MUST support the players on this. They must do whatever they can, including a strike if necessary. No one should be gone an entire season.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

What a freaking weak ruling. Indefinite! Expected nothing less than this from Stern. What a prick.
    [edit=18=1100980718][/edit]
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

agree - time for the union to show some balls

ask your self - what would the NBA do to the Knicks if this happened to them?
    Heywoode says... work hard man.

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not surprised.

What do y'all wanna bet that everyone will be back in time for Christmas?

Anyway, we are now left with:

C - Harrison/Edwards
    PF - Cro
    SF - JJ
    SG - Freddie
    PG - Tins/Gill

That's 7 players (as I predicted earlier). Don't we have to dress 8 to play?
    I hate to burst everyone's bubble (not that any of us have one left), but I wouldn't expect anything out of Jelly. He didn't play one second of the game against Atlanta. There's something wrong with his right leg, maybe his thigh. All I know is when I saw him sitting on the bench during the game he had a heating pad on it and he looked ticked off.

Mood

Who's Jelly?

Amazing!! Because none of this crap had to happen. If Ben Wallace just goes to the free throw line and hit his bonus shots OR he leaves the floor when ejected. Either outcome would have prevented the incident.

I knew we were going to take the heat for this. Why would any Pistons players be fighting fans in their home arena?!

You JUST CAN'T GO INTO THE STANDS. This reminds me of a team sending in their 12th man to rough up the other teams star player provoking him to retaliate and get suspended.

WALLACE INSTIGATED EVERYTHING!! HIS PUNK ACTION HAS CAUSED US IRREPAIRABLE DAMAGE!! I wish Mark Boyle would've succeeded in tackling Artest!

Water

Ya, this team is a lotto team without JO Artest and SJ.. Maybe they can still make the playoffs after everyone comes back.. if they ever come back. Any Pacer reactions yet? From DonnieW or LarryBird?

Kind of expected it last night but gonna hope for the best anyway. Just going to be so ****ing awful to see our entire season down the drain in one night if they choose to make an example out of our guys like this =\

Wonder if there'll be any Stern chants tonight at Conseco.

Yes, I want to know why the Pacers organization has not made a comment on this yet.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Hicks will tape this game too? I won't be able to see it since it isnt National TV

Mood

I don't plan to tape it, no. I'm not even done uploading yesterday's game on the server yet, and my harddrive is almost full.

Plus I have the feeling I'm going to want to forget tonights' game as soon as it's over.

Anything over 20 games is excessive. But I have a feeling Stern is going to toss at least one player out for the season.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Sports Logo Sports Logo

The funny thing is I am not that surprise with the Stern's rule. Everytime when there is an incident such as a fight, we always get the worst of it.

sweabs

I agree with Soup.

I truly believe that Ron will be suspended for the rest of the season.

I'll play devil's advocate and say that things won't be so bad. I think they will take into account that the Pcers are decimated by injuries. They will allow the P's to stagger the suspensions as well. They can't send the Pacer's out on the court with 7 guys....

I predict 3 games for Ben. (if it had all ended there, I don't see how he would get more than that)

7 for Jermaine last guy to throw a punch in total chaos - league likes him)

10 for Jackson (landed some throws and went into the stands - league is indifferent)

15 for Artest. (first guy into the stands. Of the players he is most at fault - league obviously will hit hom hardest).

That sounds reasonable...though JO will get less than that, because the guy was on the court.

It's the term indefinite that pisses me off. It gives him an opportunity to "think" the matter over as long as he wants. Given a number, the suspensions would be served on a staggered basis. He is ruining this franchise and if I were a lawyer and a season ticket holder I would be filing a class-action suit against the league.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think Jax and Ron will get tossed for the season; JO quite a few games.

If that happens, and I'm the Pacers, I tell the league to go **** itself and tell my players to take the rest of the season off and get ready for next year.
    "I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right."

stipo

Well, this is going to be interesting. Without Ron even being traded (nearly impossible now), we're going to see how the team will fare without him. The questions that have been raised about what he brings to the team? They will be answered.

Very interesting that first Jax, and then more importantly J.O. went to great lengths to literally "have Rons' back".

Zesty

Last night's game seems like it might turn out to be a huge win for the Pistons. The roster of their biggest threat in the conference just got gutted. I'm so pissed off right now I can't see straight.
    [edit=317=1100987985][/edit]

sweabs

Quote Originally Posted by Zesty
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Last night's game seems like it might turn out to be a huge win for the Pistons. The roster of their biggest threat in the conference just got gutted. I'm so pissed off right now I can't see straight.
    Perhaps this is why Ben wanted to initiate something so badly?

Because he knew...that the Pacers are here for real.

David Stern is going to ruin this league if they throw out a player for the WHOLE YEAR!

There are many heated rival games during each season. There are many stupid fans that provoke players.
    How would you feel if you are like Kobe, Shaq, Duncan, etc... The type of players who are major threats and play some major improtant games. How do they not know they wouldn't be protected in games such as the Pacers vs. Pistons game? Why do they feel they should be playing in these games if something like that happened, and they would get a year suspension? Any other player should be pissed and concerned if these suspensions take place.

True, Ron should get a good 15-20 game suspension.
    If S-Jax gets suspended for a season...then so should Ben Wallace. Ben Wallace started the whole heated confrontation. S-Jax started it with the fans. Both player's actions led to worse things.

JO should hardly get a suspension at all! The players were on the court... WHO KNOWS what is going to happen. Those fans could make anything a deadly weapon. Pens, chairs, thier shirts... ANYTHING. When the fans come on the court...any, and I MEAN any player has to protect himself.

Artest did throw the first punch at the fan that was on the court..but would you wait to see what he is going to next? Artest protected himself there.

If this happened at Conseco..you'd be that the Piston's players would be doing the exact same thing. Rasheed Wallace can still get crazy. Benny has a hot head, as we all saw the other night.

Ron made some good contact on that foul so Ben wouldn't make the shot. I would rather have Ben Wallace shoot 2 freethrows than make an easy lay-up in a close game. Artest did what he should have done.

David Stern needs to take a sympathetic view towards the players. Artest should miss 15-20. S-Jax 10-15 along with Ben. JO should get 5-10. That should be all that should happen to them.

David Stern needs to take a harder look at security, and prosecute those fans to the fullest extent.

If David Stern does that, he will save the league and himself.
    AKA Sactolover05