Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 2012 NFL Draft Discussion Thread

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wow. Another offensive guy... I just dunno why..

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 2012 NFL Draft Discussion Thread

Phil Sims had an interview on local radio shortly after his comments about his lack of arm strength and he said they were blown out of proportion. He laughed saying that if you knock a player for 1 tiny thing they make it sound like you hate him. Billick just said Luck will struggle because the Colts suck, not Luck. Parcells only said that Luck isn't 'automatically' the #1 pick and Heisman winner several months ago.

Whew, what a huge group of detractors.

Everyone just ignore this guy. He just blabs without any clue of what he's talking about.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:

guess I shouldn't have given him the benefit of the doubt that even those few were even detractors in the first place.

As for the draft, the Colts brass is apparently not going to worry about fixing the defense this season. Hopefully the defense gets more love in the draft next year.

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Phil Sims had an interview on local radio shortly after his comments about his lack of arm strength and he said they were blown out of proportion. He laughed saying that if you knock a player for 1 tiny thing they make it sound like you hate him. Billick just said Luck will struggle because the Colts suck, not Luck. Parcells only said that Luck isn't 'automatically' the #1 pick and Heisman winner several months ago.

Everyone just ignore this guy. He just blabs without any clue of what he's talking about.
    I guess I knew about these guys and Sims and Parcells said that they had never seen Luck make an NFL throw and they had doubts he could make one.... There are more detractors out there if you do a little reading.....

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    What's sad is how elitist this guy feels..."my opinion is different, it must be correct because of these rare cases..." literally just described this guys opinion. Remember that bill parcells thought. Chad henne was the next big thing...
    Which goes to show that everyone makes mistakes. I just stated my opinion and I believe it is correct. I really don't care what you believe....

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Will everyone please stop quoting him. I know I was guilty in the other thread but I've seen the error of my ways.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:

So who will be Mr. Irrelevant?

My vote is for Janzen Jackson CB from McNeese State.

When he was at Tennessee he had all the talent in the world. Seemed like he could be the next Deon Grant or Eric Berry. But issues kept cropping up and he finally had to transfer.

I always liked him as a player but he let us Vol fans down. It seems poetic for him to wind up as Mr. Irrelevant.

Banned
    Mood

This is what Sims really said:

November 8, 2011

POWER RANKINGS: Look who's making a move into the elite range.

Follow the 2012 NFL Draft with our custom tracker

Trades continue to fly at NFL Draft

Nation's capitol welcomes RG3 to town

Minnesota Vikings running bacl Caleb King arrested

Rivers aids friend after night on town

Schrager & Jones: Day 2 winners and losers
    We knew a dissenting opinion on the Andrew Luck hype machine was bound to emerge at some point. I had my early money on the NFL Network’s Mike Mayock as the first guy to point out the flaws in Luck’s game, though I wouldn’t have been surprised if it came from NFL Films’ tape guru Greg Cosell, or Wes Bunting, the National Football Post’s scouting guru.

But, as the conversation around Andrew Luck reached new decibels after his Herculean effort against USC last weekend in Los Angeles, it was actually Phil Simms who took the first swipe at the seemingly “unswipeable” redshirt junior from Stanford.

Simms was quoted as saying the following in an interview on SiriusXM radio last week: “I just don't see big-time NFL throws. I don't care what anybody says. I've watched a lot of him. He never takes it and rips it in there. And you can say what you want but, man, you’ve got to be able to crease that ball every once in a while.”

The former Giants gunslinger and current CBS analyst continued, "There's not a lot of rotation on the ball and there’s not a tremendous amount of power. Not that you need to have that power arm. I’m not saying you’ve got to have that exclusively but, man, it sure helps when you can do that because there’s four or five plays a game it is about arm strength."

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This is what Sims really said:

November 8, 2011

POWER RANKINGS: Look who's making a move into the elite range.

Follow the 2012 NFL Draft with our custom tracker

Trades continue to fly at NFL Draft

Nation's capitol welcomes RG3 to town

Minnesota Vikings running bacl Caleb King arrested

Rivers aids friend after night on town

Schrager & Jones: Day 2 winners and losers
    We knew a dissenting opinion on the Andrew Luck hype machine was bound to emerge at some point. I had my early money on the NFL Network’s Mike Mayock as the first guy to point out the flaws in Luck’s game, though I wouldn’t have been surprised if it came from NFL Films’ tape guru Greg Cosell, or Wes Bunting, the National Football Post’s scouting guru.

But, as the conversation around Andrew Luck reached new decibels after his Herculean effort against USC last weekend in Los Angeles, it was actually Phil Simms who took the first swipe at the seemingly “unswipeable” redshirt junior from Stanford.

Simms was quoted as saying the following in an interview on SiriusXM radio last week: “I just don't see big-time NFL throws. I don't care what anybody says. I've watched a lot of him. He never takes it and rips it in there. And you can say what you want but, man, you’ve got to be able to crease that ball every once in a while.”

The former Giants gunslinger and current CBS analyst continued, "There's not a lot of rotation on the ball and there’s not a tremendous amount of power. Not that you need to have that power arm. I’m not saying you’ve got to have that exclusively but, man, it sure helps when you can do that because there’s four or five plays a game it is about arm strength."

Sounds like Phil was describing himself?

Saw the Colts drafted Justin "Bean" Anderson. The guy has ridiculous size but was a turnstyle a lot of the time on UGA's OLine. Decent run blocker, very poor pass protector.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quit quoting the guy. ****.

He's so dumb he posts what Sims said like it wasn't all about arm strength, when it was. It's exactly what I said it was.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

Quit quoting the guy. ****.

He's so dumb he posts what Sims said like it wasn't all about arm strength, when it was. It's exactly what I said it was.
    I don't know what you are babbling about. The article says just what I said it said. Sims says he has never seen Luck make an NFL throw. He points out there is an arm strength problem and problem on the rotation of the ball he throws. Everyone acknowledges that Luck is an excellent short passer but if he can't deliver the long ball once in while to keep the defenses honest, they will shut down that short game......

I am setting a record today. I have made posts with information to back them up and I have been called a twit, dumb and other assorted names. Nice folks here..... If you agree with them about everything....

jabin sambrano ‏ @Hellaboosty16 Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    I'm officially a colt just wanted to thank all the fans and family support me through all this

our first UDFA

Griff Whalen Signed aswell

Lucks got some familiar faces.

Everything after Chapman has been disappointing. Even the UDFA.

Lots of decent talent left and the Colts just fumbled at the end there.

Guess we'll be in the top 5 next year. Hopefully the Colts will find a #1 receiver and some defensive studs.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

We signed like 12 UDFA so far.. lol

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't think Whalen is half bad. He was Luck's leading yardage receiver this year.... he got a lion's share of the yardage between the 20s, while Fleener was the red-zone monster.

I could see him being in the Brandon Stokley mold, a good slot receiver. He runs decent routes. Not terribly fast, but he's quick. Average size.

He was Luck's roommate in college.

Luck has to love the fact that his leading receiver and leading TE both followed him to the same team in the pros.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Happy that Chandler Harnish was drafted. It's even better that he was drafted by the Colts. He is from the Fort Wayne area so it's cool to see the local guys make the NFL. I have heard nothing but great things about him. Just an easy guy to root for. I hope he shows enough to make the team!

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Harnisch actually looks pretty darn impressive, lol. Been watching some footage. Not a bad player!

He's got a lil' DrewBrees-ishness about him, but runs it a lot more. He's got some real strong traits though, looks decisive, stands strong in the pocket, shows good decision-making, decent arm, able to get out and run effectively, and make throws on the run, looks like he's just a gamer.

Watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3r2Q...eature=related
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 04-29-2012 at 05:42 PM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Harnisch looks pretty good in the highlights but of course the highlights will only show the good plays. It will be interesting to see if he can stick as our backup QB.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

You wanna look for traits, not necessarily highlights, if you know what I mean.

but how consistently does he display those traits?

Numbers look pretty good. Maybe he'll beat out Luck for the starting spot..just kidding

At least we didn't draft a backup QB a few picks later like the Redskins...
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Haha, he's no Luck or Peyton.... but he looks a good deal better than Sorgi/Painter.

Mood

Grigson did a very good job for his first draft, as well as signing UDFA.

Working on offense this year and work on D next year. This makes more sense to me than trying to improve both at the same time, let us get a strong group together on one side of the ball that gets chemistry together early, especially on offense to help Luck.

With the D we are bringing in a good coach that is good in this area, let him work with the guys for a year and then determine our weaknesses, especially with our group of young secondary players.

Excited to see who makes the team and the pre season games.
    Why so SERIOUS