Thread: Suspensions

Default Suspensions

I have tried to search the internet to find a site that has given suspension lengths. I know similar incidents have happened in baseball and hockey and I wanted to compare those suspensions to what might happen after last night. If anyone knows of a site could you pass it along.

I look at this two ways. Removing myself as a Pacer fan, this situation has to be dealt with firmly. THIS CANNOT HAPPEN AGAIN. But I would also limit the longest suspension to 10 games. I would also deal harshly with the Piston organization on its inability to handle this situation.

As a Pacer fan, I am hoping that the "whole picture" is clear to the league and there might be some slack. I do think the players association is going to have to fight for the Pacers in the situation.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

King Mob

Default Re: Suspensions

I don't think anyone who went into the crowd to play peacemaker - Gill, Jones, Harrison - should get a suspension. It's one thing to come off the bench when theres an altercation on the court(which the refs and coaches should be able to control), and another thing when there's an altercation in the stands that's threatening to escalate into a riot.

And I think the league should look at them as two incidents. What happend on the court prior to Ron getting hit by the drink happens in the NBA all the time, and there plenty of precedent for how it should be handled. 2/3 games for Ben, and a game for whoever came off the bench. I'm not sure how they should treat what happened after that.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by King
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's one thing to come off the bench when theres an altercation on the court(which the refs and coaches should be able to control), and another thing when there's an altercation in the stands that's threatening to escalate into a riot.
    Well said.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Of course, I guess you're a pro at all this, "King Mob."

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown