Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 159

Thread: I don't expect any of the folks wearing rose colored glasses to believe me, but....

  1. #101
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,464

    Default Re: I don't expect any of the folks wearing rose colored glasses to believe me, but....

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think you deluding yourself. They got the QB they wanted that fits their coach and their team......
    No, you are a clueless twit that intentionally takes indefensible positions for the sole purpose of flaming, not because you have done any research or have any working knowledge on the matters about which you provide your most unwanted opinions.

  2. #102
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I don't expect any of the folks wearing rose colored glasses to believe me, but....

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, you are a clueless twit that intentionally takes indefensible positions for the sole purpose of flaming, not because you have done any research or have any working knowledge on the matters about which you provide your most unwanted opinions.
    If you don't want my opinions, don't read my posts. You have an ignore button at your disposal if you really need it. You continue to call me names. I ask more the monitors to ban you for being rude, crude and socially unacceptable... I don't agree with you but I don't call you a twit or any of the names you have used.... I probably read more about sports on most days than you do in a month...... My positions are not indefensible, I defend them all of the time...

  3. #103
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,464

    Default Re: I don't expect any of the folks wearing rose colored glasses to believe me, but....

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You continue to call me names. I ask more the monitors to ban you for being rude, crude and socially unacceptable... :
    Go cry to the mods when your absurdities are rebutted forcefully and effectively. I would expect nothing less from you.
    Last edited by hoosierguy; 04-28-2012 at 04:05 PM.

  4. #104
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I don't expect any of the folks wearing rose colored glasses to believe me, but....

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Go cry to the mods when your absurdities are rebutted forcefully and effectively. I would expect nothing less from you.
    You rebutted nothing, you just call names........

    Isn't the definition of a bully? That isn't poplular these days.....

  5. #105
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I don't expect any of the folks wearing rose colored glasses to believe me, but....

    What the hell does the fact that I am an IU fan have to do with the Colts? You are a complete tool, a hack that just throws **** against the wall to see what sticks.

    Anyone who supports IU's filthy programs is suspect in my books. They used to have the cleanest basketball program in the country and look what they did to it. I personally root for whoever they play and I hope they never win another game. I guess I am an anti IU fan. Hell, I hate Kentucky but I sure rooted for them to send IU packing.......

  6. #106
    Member Swingman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    726

    Default Re: I don't expect any of the folks wearing rose colored glasses to believe me, but....

    Rooting against IU because the ex-President screwed up and brought in Sampson?

    There is no point in trying to find reason in this guy's posts. This guy makes UK fans seem sane.

  7. #107
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I don't expect any of the folks wearing rose colored glasses to believe me, but....

    Quote Originally Posted by Swingman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rooting against IU because the ex-President screwed up and brought in Sampson?

    There is no point in trying to find reason in this guy's posts. This guy makes UK fans seem sane.

    Did I miss something. Where does it say that one has to be an IU fan. I have hated them since they fired the General...........

    So, Sampson was just one in a line of disaster...... I am not alone, lots of people root against IU... I just tell people that I do it.....

  8. #108
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Bloomington, IN
    Age
    21
    Posts
    24

    Default Re: I don't expect any of the folks wearing rose colored glasses to believe me, but....

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone who supports IU's filthy programs is suspect in my books. They used to have the cleanest basketball program in the country and look what they did to it. I personally root for whoever they play and I hope they never win another game. I guess I am an anti IU fan. Hell, I hate Kentucky but I sure rooted for them to send IU packing.......
    As an IU student I take offense to this....I wouldn't consider myself "suspect" because I go to a great school and support the basketball team.

    Back to football though, I still don't see how you think Andrew Luck is a bust. There is literally nothing there that screams "bust" to me. The guy lead Stanford of all places to back to back BCS games, the guy just wins games. If he can do the same for the Colts, idc what his stats are, what throws he makes, if he's a nerd, whatever. If he wins games for the Colts he will be a successful pick, and I have a hard time believing that he won't win a fair share of games for us in the coming future. This year likely will be rough, maybe even the next year. However, give this guy time, and keep drafting and signing good players around him, and this thing is gonna get back to a winning franchise sooner rather than later.

  9. #109
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I don't expect any of the folks wearing rose colored glasses to believe me, but....

    I think OlBlu is the old guy who called the Dan Dakich show and complained that class basketball was racist a week or two ago.

    At least he was the first person I thought of when I heard it.

  10. #110
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I don't expect any of the folks wearing rose colored glasses to believe me, but....

    Quote Originally Posted by sbaker50 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As an IU student I take offense to this....I wouldn't consider myself "suspect" because I go to a great school and support the basketball team.

    Back to football though, I still don't see how you think Andrew Luck is a bust. There is literally nothing there that screams "bust" to me. The guy lead Stanford of all places to back to back BCS games, the guy just wins games. If he can do the same for the Colts, idc what his stats are, what throws he makes, if he's a nerd, whatever. If he wins games for the Colts he will be a successful pick, and I have a hard time believing that he won't win a fair share of games for us in the coming future. This year likely will be rough, maybe even the next year. However, give this guy time, and keep drafting and signing good players around him, and this thing is gonna get back to a winning franchise sooner rather than later.
    Sooner being about five plus years for the rebuild. I hope you are right and I am wrong...... I see RG3 in a Super Bowl before Luck posts a winning record. I will be very happy to be wrong....

    JeMarkus Russell won games. Ryan Leaf won games, David Carr won games.... Lots of people win NCAA games but that doesn't mean anything in the NFL. Every QB including the backups was a former NCAA star (except for the QB at KC who was a university backup)....

  11. #111
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I don't expect any of the folks wearing rose colored glasses to believe me, but....

    Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think OlBlu is the old guy who called the Dan Dakich show and complained that class basketball was racist a week or two ago.

    At least he was the first person I thought of when I heard it.
    It wasn't me. I have never called Dan's show. I work on the road so I am always travelling.......

  12. #112
    Member Swingman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    726

    Default Re: I don't expect any of the folks wearing rose colored glasses to believe me, but....

    Considering that he would root for UK (a school that has a long history of cheating) to beat IU due to extra phone calls (which isn't against the rules any more) tells us all we need to know about his deductive reasoning abilities.

  13. #113
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I don't expect any of the folks wearing rose colored glasses to believe me, but....

    Quote Originally Posted by Swingman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Considering that he would root for UK (a school that has a long history of cheating) to beat IU due to extra phone calls (which isn't against the rules any more) tells us all we need to know about his deductive reasoning abilities.
    I hate Kentucky but I automatically root for anyone playing IU. There are a lot more sins than those phone calls. How about all of those players who never attended a class...... I will not apologize for hating IU......

  14. #114
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,745

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I don't expect any of the folks wearing rose colored glasses to believe me, but....

    Do all of these people that think RGIII is going to have it so much easier than Luck out of the gate realize that he is going to be playing a division that is much much much harder than the AFC South? He is going to playing 6 games a season against the Eagles, Giants, and Cowboys. That is definitely a more lethal combo of teams than the Jags, Titans, and Texans.

    Washington has an extremely tough schedule next year. Aside from the 6 tough division games, they also play: New Orleans, Atlanta, Pittsburgh, and Baltimore. The rest of their games are winnable, but the above 10 games will be brutal for them.

    http://www.nfl.com/teams/schedule?team=WAS

    I won't be surprised at all if the Colts have a better record than Washington next year. We have CUPCAKE home games aside from Green Bay. The road schedule is certainly brutal, but I think we can rack up a few wins at home.

  15. #115
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I don't expect any of the folks wearing rose colored glasses to believe me, but....

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do all of these people that think RGIII is going to have it so much easier than Luck out of the gate realize that he is going to be playing a division that is much much much harder than the AFC South? He is going to playing 6 games a season against the Eagles, Giants, and Cowboys. That is definitely a more lethal combo of teams than the Jags, Titans, and Texans.

    Washington has an extremely tough schedule next year. Aside from the 6 tough division games, they also play: New Orleans, Atlanta, Pittsburgh, and Baltimore. The rest of their games are winnable, but the above 10 games will be brutal for them.

    http://www.nfl.com/teams/schedule?team=WAS

    I won't be surprised at all if the Colts have a better record than Washington next year. We have CUPCAKE home games aside from Green Bay. The road schedule is certainly brutal, but I think we can rack up a few wins at home.
    Ha, ha, ho, ho...... I love a man with a great sense of humor........

  16. #116
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I don't expect any of the folks wearing rose colored glasses to believe me, but....

    I have no idea what people are smoking to think RG3 is going be better in year 1. He's got a boat load to learn about how an NFL system works. That's much more of a problem than the gap of talent between the Redskins and Colts.

  17. #117
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I don't expect any of the folks wearing rose colored glasses to believe me, but....

    Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have no idea what people are smoking to think RG3 is going be better in year 1. He's got a boat load to learn about how an NFL system works. That's much more of a problem than the gap of talent between the Redskins and Colts.
    About the same as Cam Newton had to learn last year. How did that turn out?

  18. #118
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I don't expect any of the folks wearing rose colored glasses to believe me, but....

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do all of these people that think RGIII is going to have it so much easier than Luck out of the gate realize that he is going to be playing a division that is much much much harder than the AFC South? He is going to playing 6 games a season against the Eagles, Giants, and Cowboys. That is definitely a more lethal combo of teams than the Jags, Titans, and Texans.

    Washington has an extremely tough schedule next year. Aside from the 6 tough division games, they also play: New Orleans, Atlanta, Pittsburgh, and Baltimore. The rest of their games are winnable, but the above 10 games will be brutal for them.

    http://www.nfl.com/teams/schedule?team=WAS

    I won't be surprised at all if the Colts have a better record than Washington next year. We have CUPCAKE home games aside from Green Bay. The road schedule is certainly brutal, but I think we can rack up a few wins at home.
    I have looked at that home schedule and I doubt that the Colts win any of them. I certainly think they lose to all of those "soft" teams in the AFC South next year.....

  19. #119
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,533

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I don't expect any of the folks wearing rose colored glasses to believe me, but....

    To those of you who think RGIII will be successful in Washington, I give you two words: Dan Snyder. RGIII will be a successful NFL player, but he won't win a title in DC.

  20. #120
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I don't expect any of the folks wearing rose colored glasses to believe me, but....

    Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To those of you who think RGIII will be successful in Washington, I give you two words: Dan Snyder. RGIII will be a successful NFL player, but he won't win a title in DC.
    Let me give you two words to show that you are wrong: Jim Irsay. If that guy can get to the Super Bowl, any owner can......

  21. #121
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,745

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I don't expect any of the folks wearing rose colored glasses to believe me, but....

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ha, ha, ho, ho...... I love a man with a great sense of humor........


    Forgive me for thinking that a Redskins team that was 5-11 last year and plays in a division with 3 easily superior teams is not going to be any good, especially considering they also have those 4 brutal games I mentioned above tagged onto that. Redskins will have a very poor record next year. They will be the runt of the litter in that division for the the near future. The Colts OTOH at least have a chance at being better than the Titans or Jaguars sometime soon.

    We all know that the Colts were 2-14, but those who watched the games know that we had a chance to win several other ones despite having some of the worst QB play in NFL history with Collins and Painter.

    Colts have easy home games outside of the Pack. I won't be surprised if our record is better than the Redskins, nor will I be surprised if it isn't. I'm not guaranteeing anything here. I'm just saying that those who are acting like RGIII is walking into some vastly superior situation to Luck aren't thinking things completely through. The Skins play in a brutal division.

  22. #122
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I don't expect any of the folks wearing rose colored glasses to believe me, but....

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Forgive me for thinking that a Redskins team that was 5-11 last year and plays in a division with 3 easily superior teams is not going to be any good, especially considering they also have those 4 brutal games I mentioned above tagged onto that. Redskins will have a very poor record next year. They will be the runt of the litter in that division for the the near future. The Colts OTOH at least have a chance at being better than the Titans or Jaguars sometime soon.

    We all know that the Colts were 2-14, but those who watched the games know that we had a chance to win several other ones despite having some of the worst QB play in NFL history with Collins and Painter.

    Colts have easy home games outside of the Pack. I won't be surprised if our record is better than the Redskins, nor will I be surprised if it isn't. I'm not guaranteeing anything here. I'm just saying that those who are acting like RGIII is walking into some vastly superior situation to Luck aren't thinking things completely through. The Skins play in a brutal division.
    Denver had QB play that was about as bad or worse than Painter and Collins and they made the playoffs.....


    RGIII is walking into a vastly superior situation with an owner that will add players if he sees a chance to win.... I think you under estimate Washington. I don't see any serious threat from Dallas and Philly has problems too. Washington could easily be a wild card playoff team next year.

  23. #123

    Default

    I find it funny that olblue refuses to post back to anyone who makes a really good point like,"you Actually have no Argument because that's not what I said." avoid it because in reality, you have no idea what you are talking about, just want to stir the pot...

  24. #124
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I don't expect any of the folks wearing rose colored glasses to believe me, but....

    Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To those of you who think RGIII will be successful in Washington, I give you two words: Dan Snyder. RGIII will be a successful NFL player, but he won't win a title in DC.
    How do the words Dan Snyder help resolve that he will be successful? I think that should be part of the reason people think he can't be successful.

  25. #125
    Star Platinum Hypnotiq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,968

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I don't expect any of the folks wearing rose colored glasses to believe me, but....

    just stop replying to him

    let him talk to himself

Similar Threads

  1. Odd Thoughts: Bulls on Parade
    By Peck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: 01-27-2012, 05:47 PM
  2. Derrick Rose wearing a walking boot today
    By Hicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 04-26-2011, 07:39 AM
  3. Summer two-a-days help Rose & Friends turn potential into polish
    By 90'sNBARocked in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-04-2011, 10:36 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-16-2010, 05:00 PM
  5. Official 2008 NBA Draft recruiting center...
    By Major Cold in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 2039
    Last Post: 06-27-2008, 11:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •