Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 159

Thread: I don't expect any of the folks wearing rose colored glasses to believe me, but....

  1. #76
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I don't expect any of the folks wearing rose colored glasses to believe me, but....

    Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So I guess the Broncos, Texans and 49ers didn't go from last in their division to being the division winners. Guess the year before the Lions didn't go from last in the division to the playoffs. I guess in 2010 the Chiefs didn't go from worst to first in their division either.

    This took me all of 2 minutes to look up. You're a joke. Can't believe I debated with this .... person that long. To the ignore!

    And yes, the Patriots will rebuild when it's time. Sports are a cyclical thing. All teams eventually get bad, even if the same management is there.
    The Texans had good talent for a while and they were expected to win long before they did. However, they really only won because someone had to fill the void created by the total collapse of the Colts. The Broncos did have a miracle season and if you had a hall of fame QB there, well, it sounds like Super Bowl to me. The 49ers play in the weakest division in all of football. Someone has to win it and Seattle did the year or two before with a losing record. When a team is beaten down the way the Colts are, they are not going to recover in three, four or even five years. I have not seen one expert say anything except that it will be a struggle that will take several years. Yes, some fans are unrealistic (as always) and predict great things in two or three years. You really need to visit Las Vegas and lay some money down if you really believe that. The odds are way in your favor.......

  2. #77
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I don't expect any of the folks wearing rose colored glasses to believe me, but....

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Reggie Wayne said so himself that he had an offer from New England. The Colts signed Brandon McKinney as a FA from the Ravens. He is a NT.
    So, show the quote. I read exensively and I never saw anything in New England or anywhere that indicated Wayne had an offer. Yes, the Colts signed journey man Brandon McKinney and he is a nose tackle but is he a starting nose tackle in the NFL? Well, not so far. Other teams have let him go and that position is hard to fill. You cannot build a winner by signing other teams junk.......

  3. #78

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Texans had good talent for a while and they were expected to win long before they did. However, they really only won because someone had to fill the void created by the total collapse of the Colts. The Broncos did have a miracle season and if you had a hall of fame QB there, well, it sounds like Super Bowl to me. The 49ers play in the weakest division in all of football. Someone has to win it and Seattle did the year or two before with a losing record. When a team is beaten down the way the Colts are, they are not going to recover in three, four or even five years. I have not seen one expert say anything except that it will be a struggle that will take several years. Yes, some fans are unrealistic (as always) and predict great things in two or three years. You really need to visit Las Vegas and lay some money down if you really believe that. The odds are way in your favor.......
    The 49ers won 13 games and made it to the NFC championship game...

  4. #79
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,464

    Default Re: I don't expect any of the folks wearing rose colored glasses to believe me, but....

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So, show the quote. I read exensively and I never saw anything in New England or anywhere that indicated Wayne had an offer. Yes, the Colts signed journey man Brandon McKinney and he is a nose tackle but is he a starting nose tackle in the NFL? Well, not so far. Other teams have let him go and that position is hard to fill. You cannot build a winner by signing other teams junk.......

    Here it is you mental reject:

    http://www.boston.com/sports/footbal..._wayne_ch.html

    And the point being debated is whether or not the Colts have a NT on the roster, not how good the player is.

    Just stop. You are a pathetic fool and only making yourself look even more stupid.

    Quick turnarounds are quite common in the NFL. To assert that the Colts won't be good for a long time is without any merit and flies in the face of many examples to the contrary.

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hoosierguy For This Useful Post:


  6. #80
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I don't expect any of the folks wearing rose colored glasses to believe me, but....

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Here it is you mental reject:

    http://www.boston.com/sports/footbal..._wayne_ch.html

    And the point being debated is whether or not the Colts have a NT on the roster, not how good the player is.

    Just stop. You are a pathetic fool and only making yourself look even more stupid.

    Quick turnarounds are quite common in the NFL. To assert that the Colts won't be good for a long time is without any merit and flies in the face of many examples to the contrary.
    So you resort to calling names. Thank you for the source. That is pretty obscure and I had not seen it. I'm still not sure they really made an offer but I'll take Reggie's word for it. The point was not whether the Colts had a NT on their roster, hell, they could have converted several players already on hand but whether they really had a legitimate starting NT, the most important player in this kind of defense. The fact is, they don't. They may have a stop gap fill in but I expect this defense to be torched. Now, see if you can work on making responses without calling people these kinds of names. The Colts will be losers for years and I have not read anything where anyone thinks any differently except a few folks like you who might want to check what they are smoking..... Now, see there, you have forced me to join your level of posting. Please disregard that smoking comment. I suppose we should all listen to an IU supporter, they run such a clean program and have done so much winning in basketball and football in recent years..........

    If you don't like what I have to say, don't read it.....

  7. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I don't expect any of the folks wearing rose colored glasses to believe me, but....

    Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The 49ers won 13 games and made it to the NFC championship game...
    Yes, they did and I am a big fan of their coach. That was the major change there and it certainly worked.... They had been cannon fodder for quite a while.......

  8. #82

    Default Re: I don't expect any of the folks wearing rose colored glasses to believe me, but....

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thank you for the source. That is pretty obscure and I had not seen it. I'm still not sure they really made an offer but I'll take Reggie's word for it.
    LOL...

    I would guess most people would take Reggie's word over yours, when the topic is Reggie himself!

    It was also reported on ESPN Boston, so it was hardly obscure, and was widely discussed here, on Patriots forums, and even on national TV when it happened.

    ESPN Boston report: http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-e...olts-over-pats
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  9. #83

    Default Re: I don't expect any of the folks wearing rose colored glasses to believe me, but....

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So you resort to calling names. Thank you for the source. That is pretty obscure and I had not seen it. I'm still not sure they really made an offer but I'll take Reggie's word for it. The point was not whether the Colts had a NT on their roster, hell, they could have converted several players already on hand but whether they really had a legitimate starting NT, the most important player in this kind of defense. The fact is, they don't. They may have a stop gap fill in but I expect this defense to be torched. Now, see if you can work on making responses without calling people these kinds of names. The Colts will be losers for years and I have not read anything where anyone thinks any differently except a few folks like you who might want to check what they are smoking..... Now, see there, you have forced me to join your level of posting. Please disregard that smoking comment. I suppose we should all listen to an IU supporter, they run such a clean program and have done so much winning in basketball and football in recent years..........

    If you don't like what I have to say, don't read it.....
    It was talked about on almost all of the major sports outlets, hell there was a topic on first take (Home of your idol) about it. Truth is, none of us on here are "experts" or we wouldn't be on an internet message board. You can say "I have a long list of things I was right about" but reality is, I don't think it's any longer than the average human beings or you wouldn't be on an internet message board.

  10. #84

    Default Re: I don't expect any of the folks wearing rose colored glasses to believe me, but....

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    .... RG3 is a MUCH better long passer, Luck is a little better at the short game..... Not my words, the words of experts who have watched them both........
    I think I've pretty much read most of the stuff out there about these 2 guys and I can't recall anyone saying this.

  11. #85
    A happy Roy is a good Roy DaveP63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Farmerstucky
    Posts
    1,228

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I don't expect any of the folks wearing rose colored glasses to believe me, but....

    Just put him on ignore. It helps. A lot.
    http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...nce-stephenson
    "But, first, let us now praise famous moments, because something happened Tuesday night in Indianapolis that you can watch a lifetime’s worth of professional basketball and never see again. There was a brief, and very decisive, and altogether unprecedented, outburst of genuine officiating, and it was directed at the best player in the world, and that, my dear young person, simply is not done."

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to DaveP63 For This Useful Post:


  13. #86
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I don't expect any of the folks wearing rose colored glasses to believe me, but....

    Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It was talked about on almost all of the major sports outlets, hell there was a topic on first take (Home of your idol) about it. Truth is, none of us on here are "experts" or we wouldn't be on an internet message board. You can say "I have a long list of things I was right about" but reality is, I don't think it's any longer than the average human beings or you wouldn't be on an internet message board.
    Well, of course, that is correct to a point but how could it be if, as some of you say all of the time, I am against the usual current of the fans here. The reason it is right is that in three years, you will forget the nonsense that was said here about being a winning team and you will be saying that you knew all along it would be a long haul back to being competitive.....

  14. #87

    Default Re: I don't expect any of the folks wearing rose colored glasses to believe me, but....

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think I've pretty much read most of the stuff out there about these 2 guys and I can't recall anyone saying this.
    I think that the days where a QB is judged solely by a rocket arm are over. Clearly PM hasn't the greatest arm but his quick release, reading defenses, ability to change the play at the line of scrimmage make him one of the greatest of all time. Both Luck and RGIII can throw long. So what?

    Watching PM toy with the defense and use the clock is something you don't get with any other QB.

  15. #88

    Default Re: I don't expect any of the folks wearing rose colored glasses to believe me, but....

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, of course, that is correct to a point but how could it be if, as some of you say all of the time, I am against the usual current of the fans here. The reason it is right is that in three years, you will forget the nonsense that was said here about being a winning team and you will be saying that you knew all along it would be a long haul back to being competitive.....
    Please, with all of your football knowledge, provide facts. Here is another reality, Stanford was a pro-style offense that had luck throwing in tight windows. VERY TIGHT WINDOWS and a primarily running style offense because of the personnel they had on the outside. I don't think the whole Luck vs. RG3 thing is the black and white (Pun not intended) issue you make it out to be. They are both going to be Really good players, just because two are taken like in 1998 doesn't mean one is the bust and the other one is jesus. And please don't compare Luck to Ryan temper tantrum Leaf or RG3 to him. It's not fair to either one of these young men who are clearly stand-up guys. Luck's game is far ahead RG3's currently because he makes those calls, is thicker, the Athleticism edge is to RG3 but Luck isn't a Statue he can get up and go but Luck's Accuracy inside the tight passing windows in what wasn't near a wide-open offense is incomparable to RG3. Luck is just a better, safer pick. And some QB may be "hyped" every year but not every year is there a QB with a 99 rating coming out of college from multiple sources so please, before you come on here spouting your non-sense, do some research.

  16. #89
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I don't expect any of the folks wearing rose colored glasses to believe me, but....

    Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Please, with all of your football knowledge, provide facts. Here is another reality, Stanford was a pro-style offense that had luck throwing in tight windows. VERY TIGHT WINDOWS and a primarily running style offense because of the personnel they had on the outside. I don't think the whole Luck vs. RG3 thing is the black and white (Pun not intended) issue you make it out to be. They are both going to be Really good players, just because two are taken like in 1998 doesn't mean one is the bust and the other one is jesus. And please don't compare Luck to Ryan temper tantrum Leaf or RG3 to him. It's not fair to either one of these young men who are clearly stand-up guys. Luck's game is far ahead RG3's currently because he makes those calls, is thicker, the Athleticism edge is to RG3 but Luck isn't a Statue he can get up and go but Luck's Accuracy inside the tight passing windows in what wasn't near a wide-open offense is incomparable to RG3. Luck is just a better, safer pick. And some QB may be "hyped" every year but not every year is there a QB with a 99 rating coming out of college from multiple sources so please, before you come on here spouting your non-sense, do some research.

    That pro style offense in college is a weak argument. Cam Newton came from a spread offense and he did just fine last year and he will be better this year. There is the real deal that these two "suspects" will have a hard time moving ahead of..... Yes, Luck is the "safer" pick. Many times those "safe" picks are out of the league in three years......

  17. #90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That pro style offense in college is a weak argument. Cam Newton came from a spread offense and he did just fine last year and he will be better this year. There is the real deal that these two "suspects" will have a hard time moving ahead of..... Yes, Luck is the "safer" pick. Many times those "safe" picks are out of the league in three years......
    That's a pretty weak argument inside itself. Cam newton is 6 6, gigantic...more of the exception not the rule...

  18. #91
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I don't expect any of the folks wearing rose colored glasses to believe me, but....

    Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's a pretty weak argument inside itself. Cam newton is 6 6, gigantic...more of the exception not the rule...
    And there were people who doubted he could make the transition from that spread offense to the NFL. No problem. RG3 won't have any problem either.... I hope Luck also has no problem but I think he will. What do you put the over/under for sacks next year? Is 35 to 40 realistic?

  19. #92

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And there were people who doubted he could make the transition from that spread offense to the NFL. No problem. RG3 won't have any problem either.... I hope Luck also has no problem but I think he will. What do you put the over/under for sacks next year? Is 35 to 40 realistic?
    Uhhhh I never said rg3 would struggle with the transition. Either you cant read or you are grasping for either argument. Hell I think he is very romo like...the pro style has to do with the skewing of statistics.

  20. #93
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,418

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I don't expect any of the folks wearing rose colored glasses to believe me, but....

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And there were people who doubted he could make the transition from that spread offense to the NFL. No problem. RG3 won't have any problem either.... I hope Luck also has no problem but I think he will. What do you put the over/under for sacks next year? Is 35 to 40 realistic?
    Lol... why would you think RG3 won't struggle, but Luck will?

    Again, you know nothing about either quarterback. It's obvious. You've not done any reading or watched any footage.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  21. #94
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,418

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I don't expect any of the folks wearing rose colored glasses to believe me, but....

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That pro style offense in college is a weak argument. Cam Newton came from a spread offense and he did just fine last year and he will be better this year. There is the real deal that these two "suspects" will have a hard time moving ahead of..... Yes, Luck is the "safer" pick. Many times those "safe" picks are out of the league in three years......
    Peyton Manning was the "safe" pick, and Ryan Leaf was the "upside" pick --- did you also root against Manning when he was picked by us? You gotta be consistent now, don't ya be a'fibbin. If you picked RG3 now, you had to pick Leaf back then.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  22. #95
    Member Swingman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    726

    Default Re: I don't expect any of the folks wearing rose colored glasses to believe me, but....

    Do you have anything on which to base your opinion that Luck will struggle more than RG3? Did you read tea leaves, talk to a tarot card reader, have a bad reading on the ouija board? Even if it's a major stretch, what would lead anyone to that belief?

    The only reason I can see that RG3 might do better right out of the gate is because he's going to a better team. As a NFL-ready player, Luck is better at pretty much everything but speed/quickness and Luck isn't chopped liver in that department.

    Luck even has the reputation of being a student of the game (always in the film room and always working on his game). In a lot of ways, he seems a lot like Manning above the shoulders. Don't see what's not to like about Luck.
    Last edited by Swingman; 04-28-2012 at 02:19 PM.

  23. #96
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I don't expect any of the folks wearing rose colored glasses to believe me, but....

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Peyton Manning was the "safe" pick, and Ryan Leaf was the "upside" pick --- did you also root against Manning when he was picked by us? You gotta be consistent now, don't ya be a'fibbin. If you picked RG3 now, you had to pick Leaf back then.
    No, I don't but there were many experts and lots of fans angry over the pick of Manning over Leaf....

  24. #97
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I don't expect any of the folks wearing rose colored glasses to believe me, but....

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lol... why would you think RG3 won't struggle, but Luck will?

    Again, you know nothing about either quarterback. It's obvious. You've not done any reading or watched any footage.
    That isn't true, I do lots of reading and I have watched enough footage to see that Luck's release is much slower than we are used to seeing. I could also see that RG3 was much more accurate on long passes than Luck. I saw that Luck was more accurate on the short passes... Do you think Washington would trade RG3 for Luck even up right now? I don't think they would......

  25. #98
    Member Swingman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    726

    Default Re: I don't expect any of the folks wearing rose colored glasses to believe me, but....

    washington would trade rg3 for Luck in a heartbeat.

  26. #99
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,464

    Default Re: I don't expect any of the folks wearing rose colored glasses to believe me, but....

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So you resort to calling names. Thank you for the source. That is pretty obscure and I had not seen it. I'm still not sure they really made an offer but I'll take Reggie's word for it. The point was not whether the Colts had a NT on their roster, hell, they could have converted several players already on hand but whether they really had a legitimate starting NT, the most important player in this kind of defense. The fact is, they don't. They may have a stop gap fill in but I expect this defense to be torched. Now, see if you can work on making responses without calling people these kinds of names. The Colts will be losers for years and I have not read anything where anyone thinks any differently except a few folks like you who might want to check what they are smoking..... Now, see there, you have forced me to join your level of posting. Please disregard that smoking comment. I suppose we should all listen to an IU supporter, they run such a clean program and have done so much winning in basketball and football in recent years..........

    If you don't like what I have to say, don't read it.....
    Just stop. You are now the worst poster on this board without question.

    Any insult I have thrown at you is 1) an accurate description of your pitiful character and 2) completely justified given your useless posts that only serve to flame.

    What the hell does the fact that I am an IU fan have to do with the Colts? You are a complete tool, a hack that just throws **** against the wall to see what sticks.

    Many "pundits" have said the Colts will struggle NEXT YEAR, not for the next five. Far too man variables are at play to prognosticate on a team's success over the next half decade.
    Last edited by hoosierguy; 04-28-2012 at 03:37 PM.

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to hoosierguy For This Useful Post:


  28. #100
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I don't expect any of the folks wearing rose colored glasses to believe me, but....

    Quote Originally Posted by Swingman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    washington would trade rg3 for Luck in a heartbeat.
    I think you deluding yourself. They got the QB they wanted that fits their coach and their team......

Similar Threads

  1. Odd Thoughts: Bulls on Parade
    By Peck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: 01-27-2012, 05:47 PM
  2. Derrick Rose wearing a walking boot today
    By Hicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 04-26-2011, 07:39 AM
  3. Summer two-a-days help Rose & Friends turn potential into polish
    By 90'sNBARocked in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-04-2011, 10:36 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-16-2010, 05:00 PM
  5. Official 2008 NBA Draft recruiting center...
    By Major Cold in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 2039
    Last Post: 06-27-2008, 11:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •