Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: I don't expect any of the folks wearing rose colored glasses to believe me, but....

Default Re: I don't expect any of the folks wearing rose colored glasses to believe me, but....

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, I expect them to draft one. They do not have anyone who qualifies now unless they signed a free
    You should know if they signed if you going to assume they will draft one. This is apart of following the team and not leaning on assumptions.

The Colts signed McKinney from Baltimore. He is 6'2 and 345 which qualifies as a true NT. The colts could use more depth but this draft is only 3-4 NT deep and their value will be increased as a result even though they are mediocre talent except for Poe.

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: I don't expect any of the folks wearing rose colored glasses to believe me, but....

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    You should know if they signed if you going to assume they will draft one. This is apart of following the team and not leaning on assumptions.

The Colts signed McKinney from Baltimore. He is 6'2 and 345 which qualifies as a true NT. The colts could use more depth but this draft is only 3-4 NT deep and their value will be increased as a result even though they are mediocre talent except for Poe.
    Thank you.... I saw they signed McKinney but I didn't know if he was really a nose tackle.....

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Thank you.... I saw they signed McKinney but I didn't know if he was really a nose tackle.....
    I'm curious, what else would a 345 pound man play on defense?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    I'm curious, what else would a 345 pound man play on defense?
    Clearly he is going to be the colts lead corner...instead of "revis island" it's "mckinneys continent"

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dgreenwell3 For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post

I just read this article:

Colts Sign Nose Tackle Brandon McKinney

by Brad Wells on Apr 4, 2012 1:19 PM EDT in Colts News

130 comments
    Email
    Print

Rob Carr - Getty ImagesMore photos .

4 months ago: BALTIMORE, MD - DECEMBER 24: Peyton Hillis #40 of the Cleveland Browns is tackled by Brandon McKinney #91 of the Baltimore Ravens during the first half at M&T Bank Stadium on December 24, 2011 in Baltimore, Maryland. (Photo by Rob Carr/Getty Images)

Well, for those of us who were worried that the Colts didn't have anyone on the roster to play nose tackle in a 3-4, today your fears were quelled, slightly. The Colts have signed 6'2, 345 lbs nose tackle Brandon McKinney, per Jeremy Fowler of the Pioneer Press (thanks to Mac's Football Blog for the head's up).

The days of 6'0, 285 pounds defensive tackles are gone, folks. Long gone.

It should shock no one that McKinney has played for the Baltimore Ravens the last four seasons. Prior to that, he played three years for the San Diego Chargers.

McKinney isn't a starter. He's a rotational guy who can spell a true, starting nose tackle. In seven years, he's started just six games, but has played in 61. Regardless, he should be considered a significant upgrade at the position, considering the Colts didn't have anyone on the roster who could play nose in a 3-4 scheme.

Oh, and just to further highlight how awful Colts DT Fili Moala is, McKinney (who didn't start any games last season) had almost as many tackles (14) and Moala did (22), and Moala started 14 games.

Just like with the Tom Zbikowski and Cory Redding signings, G.M. Ryan Grigson and coach Chuck Pagano continue to bleed Baltimore's depth while adding low cost, low risk additions to a Colts defense in desperate need of talent, veteran leadership. Indy will still need to draft a nose tackle the second day of the 2012 NFL Draft, bit McKinney will be able to ease that rookie's transition into the NFL.

It sounds to me like McKinney is a suspect, not a prospect and it appears the Colts will still draft a nose tackle........

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I will agree with you on that subject, Blu.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Yeah McKinney is basically a big (huge) stopgap. Probably similar to when Polian signed guys like Bratzke and Scioli in his early days here.

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    Yeah McKinney is basically a big (huge) stopgap. Probably similar to when Polian signed guys like Bratzke and Scioli in his early days here.
    I didn't mean to sound like I was downplaying his signing. Guys like that can be very important but I still expect them draft a nose tackle if a good falls their way.......

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    So go follow Peyton to Denver then, you're clearly not a true Colts fan.
    How novel. I'm pretty sur that Peyton probably sucked and was a future bust his rookie season... In OlBlu's eyes anyway.

Enough is enough... Time for ignore.

I really can't understand why Hicks puts up with him. He is a blatant troll.
    Last edited by beast23; 04-27-2012 at 07:47 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by beast23 View Post
    How novel. I'm pretty sur that Peyton probably sucked and was a future bust his rookie season... In OlBlu's eyes anyway.

Enough is enough... Time for ignore.

I really can't understand why Hicks puts up with him. He is a blatant troll.
    Because I am not a troll and I don't call people names or do any profanity. I also provide reasons for my views. You are welcome to disagree with them. I am sure I disagree with you........

You are the one calling people names, not me.

Because I am not a troll and I don't call people names or do any profanity. I also provide reasons for my views. You are welcome to disagree with them. I am sure I disagree with you........

You are the one calling people names, not me.
    Calling names doesn't make one a "troll". Saying things for nothing but the purpose of inciting annoyed responses is what a troll is. You certainly qualify.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    Calling names doesn't make one a "troll". Saying things for nothing but the purpose of inciting annoyed responses is what a troll is. You certainly qualify.
    Well, I don't do that either. If people are annoyed with my views, that is there problem. I have good logical reasons to support my views. I think name calling and obscenities should get people banned, not just stating opinions that some folks don't care to hear... We will find out who is right eventually.......

But my record of reading things is pretty good. I have quite a list...

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

You are correct, Blu, you are entitled to your views. Your views are generally the opposite of everyone else's and, a lot of the time, just plain negative about a team you supposedly "support". I don't get that at all. There's no use being negative, it does no good.

So if that's the road you want to travel, you are going to have people disagreeing with you a lot.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

There's no logical reason to support believing the Colts will suck for 5 to 10 years. This is a sport where teams go from worst to first in a year regularly. It's actually quite illogical considering we have no idea what the team will look like in 2013, let alone 2020.

Silly. The only reason to say such silly things is to annoy.

Banned
    Mood

There's no logical reason to support believing the Colts will suck for 5 to 10 years. This is a sport where teams go from worst to first in a year regularly. It's actually quite illogical considering we have no idea what the team will look like in 2013, let alone 2020.

Silly. The only reason to say such silly things is to annoy.
    Teams do not go from worst to first regularly at all. Take a look, the teams in the AFC playoffs are almost always the same. The Steelers, the Ravens, The Patsies, the Colts (until last year). Denver was a surprise last year and perhaps a fluke (they won't be this year). Some teams have been losing for years like Buffalo, Miami, Bengals, Browns, Jacksonville and the Raiders to name a few. The well managed teams always seem to be there. I have come to the conclusion that Peyton carried the Colts on his back for years and getting back to winning records is a long way off. Even Kravitz today in the Indy Star says it will be years before they win. So, like I say, you folks wearing rose colored glasses can believe anything you want but this team does not have good management and the coaching staff and GM are all new with little experience. I'll be interested to listen to all of the moaning and groaning here after three or four years of this. Hold on to your dreams, it is all that you have. Do you think the Patisies will destroy their whole team and start from the ground up? Not likely but they will keep on winning. Brady goes down and they will keep on winning. Brady gets old and retires, they will keep on winning. Why? Management!!

So I guess the Broncos, Texans and 49ers didn't go from last in their division to being the division winners. Guess the year before the Lions didn't go from last in the division to the playoffs. I guess in 2010 the Chiefs didn't go from worst to first in their division either.

This took me all of 2 minutes to look up. You're a joke. Can't believe I debated with this .... person that long. To the ignore!

And yes, the Patriots will rebuild when it's time. Sports are a cyclical thing. All teams eventually get bad, even if the same management is there.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:

So I guess the Broncos, Texans and 49ers didn't go from last in their division to being the division winners. Guess the year before the Lions didn't go from last in the division to the playoffs. I guess in 2010 the Chiefs didn't go from worst to first in their division either.

This took me all of 2 minutes to look up. You're a joke. Can't believe I debated with this .... person that long. To the ignore!

And yes, the Patriots will rebuild when it's time. Sports are a cyclical thing. All teams eventually get bad, even if the same management is there.
    I'm thanking this post because you didn't quote this goober. This, people, is the way to go if you feel so inclined as to respond to our illustrious troll.

might be time to pull out the following image.

First, my posts were before the draft and they did NOT have a nose tackle. Now they have drafted a player who MAY be a nose tackle.

Show me where NE ever made an offer to Wayne. There was discussion on blogs about it but I don't believe any offer was ever made and I will admit to an error, not a lie, if one ever was.

Calling a poster a liar should be grounds for being banned as a troll. Disagreeing and showing someone is wrong is a different story altogether....
    Reggie Wayne said so himself that he had an offer from New England. The Colts signed Brandon McKinney as a FA from the Ravens. He is a NT.

Teams do not go from worst to first regularly at all. Take a look, the teams in the AFC playoffs are almost always the same. The Steelers, the Ravens, The Patsies, the Colts (until last year). Denver was a surprise last year and perhaps a fluke (they won't be this year). Some teams have been losing for years like Buffalo, Miami, Bengals, Browns, Jacksonville and the Raiders to name a few. The well managed teams always seem to be there. I have come to the conclusion that Peyton carried the Colts on his back for years and getting back to winning records is a long way off. Even Kravitz today in the Indy Star says it will be years before they win. So, like I say, you folks wearing rose colored glasses can believe anything you want but this team does not have good management and the coaching staff and GM are all new with little experience. I'll be interested to listen to all of the moaning and groaning here after three or four years of this. Hold on to your dreams, it is all that you have. Do you think the Patisies will destroy their whole team and start from the ground up? Not likely but they will keep on winning. Brady goes down and they will keep on winning. Brady gets old and retires, they will keep on winning. Why? Management!!
    Save yourself some misery and follow a team other than the colts. I recommend the SF 49ers who should be good for awhile.

Can you imagine 5 years + of bellyaching about the team?

Of course, wonder if he'll still be griping and debbie downer when we have a winning season in a couple years.

Obviously OlBlue ignores post #36 that completely rips apart everything he's said in this thread.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mb221 For This Useful Post:

I didn't know Skip Bayless joined PD.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Doddage For This Useful Post:

Anyone see espn Numbers commercial where they used 2011 stats for RG3 and Luck to say that RG3 was the better pick because " Numbers never lie".

I laughed so hard'

Quote Originally Posted by mb221 View Post
    Obviously OlBlue ignores post #36 that completely rips apart everything he's said in this thread.
    Yeah he usually just tends to ignore anything that could possibly make him look not as smart as possible..,