Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I don't expect any of the folks wearing rose colored glasses to believe me, but....

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default I don't expect any of the folks wearing rose colored glasses to believe me, but....

FoxSports.com
    Former Baltimore coach Brian Billick says Andrew Luck "will struggle like Peyton Manning and Troy Aikman did in their rookie years. Aikman and Manning had a combined record of 3-24 as rookies. Both of them were on drafted to better teams than the one Luck is going to."

Banned
    Mood

Default Re: I don't expect any of the folks wearing rose colored glasses to believe me, but....

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    FoxSports.com
    Former Baltimore coach Brian Billick says Andrew Luck "will struggle like Peyton Manning and Troy Aikman did in their rookie years. Aikman and Manning had a combined record of 3-24 as rookies. Both of them were on drafted to better teams than the one Luck is going to."
    This is what I was saying on another thread. This Colts team is not even close to being as good at the Aikman and Manning teams they joined in their first year. I have this bad feeling about Luck. I don't think he gets rid of the ball fast enough to avoid a lot of sacks. I feel about the same about him as I did Jemarkus Russell and David Carr........ I think he has "BUST" written all over him and I don't think that Washington would trade RG3 for Luck even up. I think there are other teams that feel that way too. This coach and general manager have no experience at this level and I am dubious that all they are doing is kissing Jimmie's behind and doing what he wants and that is a major screw-up waiting to happen.....

Default Re: I don't expect any of the folks wearing rose colored glasses to believe me, but....

This is what I was saying on another thread. This Colts team is not even close to being as good at the Aikman and Manning teams they joined in their first year. I have this bad feeling about Luck. I don't think he gets rid of the ball fast enough to avoid a lot of sacks. I feel about the same about him as I did Jemarkus Russell and David Carr........ I think he has "BUST" written all over him and I don't think that Washington would trade RG3 for Luck even up. I think there are other teams that feel that way too. This coach and general manager have no experience at this level and I am dubious that all they are doing is kissing Jimmie's behind and doing what he wants and that is a major screw-up waiting to happen.....
    You can always change your name and find another message board..

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gamble1 For This Useful Post:

I don't know a Colts fan who would object to the notion of the team struggling next year.

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    I don't know a Colts fan who would object to the notion of the team struggling next year.
    You are kidding, of course. There are some who post here who think they will be 8-8.......... they will win the number one pick two years in a row. I wonder if they will be taking a QB again??

In comparison to that Indy team of 1998 I would disagree....he has Wayne and some defensive end talent At the least..

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    In comparison to that Indy team of 1998 I would disagree....he has Wayne and some defensive end talent At the least..
    Wayne couldn't get a contract with another team. That Indy team in 1998 had Marvin Harrison and Marshall Falk. This team isn't close. The defensive end talent we have is negated by the fact we are going to play a 3-4 and we do not have a nose tackle.........

Wayne couldn't get a contract with another team. That Indy team in 1998 had Marvin Harrison and Marshall Falk. This team isn't close. The defensive end talent we have is negated by the fact we are going to play a 3-4 and we do not have a nose tackle.........
    So are you willing to bet your membership on this site that Luck is a bust?

I completly expect Luck to have a bit of a struggle this year. He's a beast but like Peyton he is one to think really deep into strategy... For an inexperienced guy playing against the best/ fastest defenses in the world, he's gonna think he is making a good/smart play, then quickly realize it's a bad decision and is a pick six. There is normally a growing process for guys like him.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ownagedood For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ownagedood View Post
    I completly expect Luck to have a bit of a struggle this year. He's a beast but like Peyton he is one to think really deep into strategy... For an inexperienced guy playing against the best/ fastest defenses in the world, he's gonna think he is making a good/smart play, then quickly realize it's a bad decision and is a pick six. There is normally a growing process for guys like him.
    You are spot on...the Colts news to bean him another weapon in the second round whether it be a tightend or wideout. There is a reason he is the highest rated qb since John elway...

Banned
    Mood

So are you willing to bet your membership on this site that Luck is a bust?
    No, but I will bet that RG3 is going to have a better season this coming year. Luck is four or five years away from having enough talent to compete. Washington is much better. I read an article the other day that said the odds were that either Luck or RG3 was going to be a bust. If one of them is a bust, I think it will be Luck.... RG3 is a MUCH better long passer, Luck is a little better at the short game..... Not my words, the words of experts who have watched them both.....

Besides, it will be five years before we will know if Luck is boom or bust. I may not live that long.....

But don't get your hopes up.....

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Who cares, OlBlu? Everyone knows the 'Skins have a better team right now than the Colts. We've told you this repeatedly. It's highly likely that RG3 will have better stats and more wins this year --- BUT that has nothing to do with him being a better quarterback. The Colts just *started* REBUILDING.

Can you not post something positive about the team you supposedly "root for"? Exactly what point are you "winning" here?
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    Who cares, OlBlu? Everyone knows the 'Skins have a better team right now than the Colts. We've told you this repeatedly. It's highly likely that RG3 will have better stats and more wins this year --- BUT that has nothing to do with him being a better quarterback. The Colts just *started* REBUILDING.

Can you not post something positive about the team you supposedly "root for"? Exactly what point are you "winning" here?
    What positive is there really? All of the eggs are in Luck's basket and if he anything less than a star, the Colts will stink for a decade. If he is pretty good, they will still lose for five years.... Why don't the Patriots have these problems? They just keep winning and winning and winning........ Every 15 to 20 years we have a run for a few years and then we go back into rebuild mode. Meanwhile, the cheating Patsies keep winning and winning......

I guess my football attention the next few years will be in Denver. Perhaps by the time Peyton retires, the Colds will rise to at least being mediocre....

No, but I will bet that RG3 is going to have a better season this coming year. Luck is four or five years away from having enough talent to compete. Washington is much better. I read an article the other day that said the odds were that either Luck or RG3 was going to be a bust. If one of them is a bust, I think it will be Luck.... RG3 is a MUCH better long passer, Luck is a little better at the short game..... Not my words, the words of experts who have watched them both.....

Besides, it will be five years before we will know if Luck is boom or bust. I may not live that long.....

But don't get your hopes up.....
    I get that BUT...the 'skins have a much much better team than the Colts currently. Come on, I bet you your and mine membership that even at the end of the year Luck won't be considered a bust. Comparing luck to Russell is just an idiotic attempt at Skip Bayless journalism "shock and awe"

Banned
    Mood

I get that BUT...the 'skins have a much much better team than the Colts currently. Come on, I bet you your and mine membership that even at the end of the year Luck won't be considered a bust. Comparing luck to Russell is just an idiotic attempt at Skip Bayless journalism "shock and awe"
    Why? There were people who thought Russell was the next great thing. There are people now who thing RG3 is better than Luck and I am one of those. I don't think Luck or RG3 will even come close to being as good as Cam Newton was last year and will be in the future. Newton was the the QB of a generation everyone talks about, not Luck........

But, I will be delighted if you are right and I am wrong........

Sports Logo Sports Logo

What positive is there really? All of the eggs are in Luck's basket and if he anything less than a star, the Colts will stink for a decade. If he is pretty good, they will still lose for five years.... Why don't the Patriots have these problems? They just keep winning and winning and winning........ Every 15 to 20 years we have a run for a few years and then we go back into rebuild mode. Meanwhile, the cheating Patsies keep winning and winning......

I guess my football attention the next few years will be in Denver. Perhaps by the time Peyton retires, the Colds will rise to at least being mediocre....

So go follow Peyton to Denver then, you're clearly not a true Colts fan.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Why? There were people who thought Russell was the next great thing. There are people now who thing RG3 is better than Luck and I am one of those. I don't think Luck or RG3 will even come close to being as good as Cam Newton was last year and will be in the future. Newton was the the QB of a generation everyone talks about, not Luck........
    Josh Freeman says beware of the one year wonder. Once the league figures you out then you will true colors will shine.

Cam had a great year but that team was still 6 and 10 and just like Freeman I want to see what he does after that great year.

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    Josh Freeman says beware of the one year wonder. Once the league figures you out then you will true colors will shine.

Cam had a great year but that team was still 6 and 10 and just like Freeman I want to see what he does after that great year.
    He will do better and most people thought that team would be within one game of 2-14. That guy is the real deal and people have never figured out Manning, Brady, Brees or Rogers..... I would be elated if we had Cam Newton but they are not going to trade him for Andrew Luck and neither would I.....

Banned
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Luck's combination of size, skill, athleticism, brains, and maturity have made him a once-a-decade-level prospect; the LeBron James of football, perhaps even greater.

Naturally, contrarian trend-whores have turned against him and put all their eggs in the RG3 basket. We saw the same exact sort of backlash against LeBron nine years ago, with people swearing on their mother's life that Carmelo Anthony should be the #1 pick, and would be the real megastar in the draft. A few Darko

The Colts have many holes to fill, obviously, but -- bar an unfortunate injury -- the QB position is set for the foreseeable future.

This tears some people apart inside, as, for whatever reason, these people have some sort of vendetta against Indy sports teams. The notion that the hated Colts could go from the greatest thing since sliced bread (Manning), to the greatest thing since the greatest thing since sliced bread (Luck), just rips their hate-filled hearts apart.

I wont mention any names. That would be rude.

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    So go follow Peyton to Denver then, you're clearly not a true Colts fan.
    Well, I have been since the days of Johnny U but when the owner digs a hole that may take a decade to dig out of, it is not easy to stay a fan. I will, of course and I will watch the Colts in the early game and Denver in the later games and all of the national prime time games they are going to appear in......

Mark my words, in three or four years, Irsay will announce we are going to rebuild again with new management and a new coaching staff......

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    Luck's combination of size, skill, athleticism, brains, and maturity have made him a once-a-decade-level prospect; the LeBron James of football, perhaps even greater.

Naturally, contrarian trend-whores have turned against him and put all their eggs in the RG3 basket. We saw the same exact sort of backlash against LeBron nine years ago, with people swearing on their mother's life that Carmelo Anthony should be the #1 pick, and would be the real megastar in the draft. A few Darko

The Colts have many holes to fill, obviously, but -- bar an unfortunate injury -- the QB position is set for the foreseeable future.

This tears some people apart inside, as, for whatever reason, these people have some sort of vendetta against Indy sports teams. The notion that the hated Colts could go from the greatest thing since sliced bread (Manning), to the greatest thing since the greatest thing since sliced bread (Luck), just rips their hate-filled hearts apart.

I wont mention any names. That would be rude.
    Sorry, I just dont see Luck as the next great thing. There is a next great thing just about every year and the NFL scrap heap is littered with them from Tim Couch to that other "can't miss" prospect, Ryan Leaf.......

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well, I have been since the days of Johnny U but when the owner digs a hole that may take a decade to dig out of, it is not easy to stay a fan. I will, of course and I will watch the Colts in the early game and Denver in the later games and all of the national prime time games they are going to appear in......

Mark my words, in three or four years, Irsay will announce we are going to rebuild again with new management and a new coaching staff......
    And mark my words --- halfway through this next season when America finds out just how good Luck is, you won't be found anywhere near these forums to eat your crow.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Meh. We know the drill. Blah blah blah.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Stryder For This Useful Post:

I think you may be the only person in America that sees Andrew Luck as a bust. If anything, RGIII has more to prove than luck does, IMO. Luck ran a pro-style offense to perfection, with guys around him that aren't nearly as talented as Baylor's skill players, I think he'll be fine.

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by sbaker50 View Post
    I think you may be the only person in America that sees Andrew Luck as a bust. If anything, RGIII has more to prove than luck does, IMO. Luck ran a pro-style offense to perfection, with guys around him that aren't nearly as talented as Baylor's skill players, I think he'll be fine.
    I hope you are right......