Thread: WFAN reports Stern to rule before tonight.

Default Re: WFAN reports Stern to rule before tonight.

Well, let's hope its earlier than right before tipoff.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Stern better wake up and not suspend JO for more than three games.

SJax, without a doubt, should get the longest suspension.

I think we all realize it, but this is such a huge incident, not just in the NBA but in all of sports.

The Pistons don't play tonight, so they might not announce their suspensions.

I think every player will get a one game suspension staggered between now at Christmas. My question is how many players will the Pacers have 6, 7, and they might not have their two best players for a week or two and jax might be gone,

Mood

I do hope the players union saves Ron and JO from a year's vacation.

Ron may be gone for the season. JO for a month.

I am beginning to worry.

owl
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Perhaps a little bit OT, but how will the Conseco crowd react at tonight's game? Depending on what happens, how will Hoosiers respond to any of this? If Ron, Stephen, JO somehow play tonight, will they be booed or cheered? I'm very interested in how tonight is going to turn out.

I figured if Artest, JO, and Jax are suspended our starting lineup tonight will be something like...

pg Tinsley
    sg F. Jones
    sf J. Jones
    pf Croshere
    C Harrison
    with Edwards and Gill on the bench.

RA231

Quote Originally Posted by owl
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I am beginning to worry.

owl

And Jackson? I thought he would get the longest suspension for what he did.

Artest should definitely have a longer suspension than Jackson or O'Neal. Artest first crossed the line of going into the stands, and first started the physical violence between players and fans.

After that, once other fans started hitting Artest, Jackson had every right to go in and protect his teammate. So while he did land some bad punches, he shouldn't be blamed for protecting his own, just like the fans who hit Artest after he went after the first guy shouldn't be blamed for protecting their fellow fan.

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by MSA2CF
    Perhaps a little bit OT, but how will the Conseco crowd react at tonight's game? Depending on what happens, how will Hoosiers respond to any of this? If Ron, Stephen, JO somehow play tonight, will they be booed or cheered? I'm very interested in how tonight is going to turn out.

If they play, I'll be cheering my heart out and screaming my head off. Who would've thunk it?
    The first time I get lower level tickets and something like this happens!

Quote Originally Posted by unstandable
    Artest should definitely have a longer suspension than Jackson or O'Neal. Artest first crossed the line of going into the stands, and first started the physical violence between players and fans.

After that, once other fans started hitting Artest, Jackson had every right to go in and protect his teammate. So while he did land some bad punches, he shouldn't be blamed for protecting his own, just like the fans who hit Artest after he went after the first guy shouldn't be blamed for protecting their fellow fan.
    Throwing a cup at someone isn't physical violence????
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Quote Originally Posted by owl

I am beginning to worry.

owl
    The longest I think they will suspend them is 10 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness

Throwing a cup at someone isn't physical violence????
    I think it would be a stretch to call that physical violence. If it had been a beer bottle, that would have been different. But it wasn't something that could hurt someone, just something that could get someone wet/humilate them.

Mood

Uhh, if you cause physical harm to another person, that's physical violence. Throwing a cup at someone's face is physical violence.

I think some of you don't know what was thrown at Ron, perhaps I don't either. But it was a hard plastic glass. Not the 20 once water bottle you see around these days. Plus it was filled with water, so it was heavier. I just watched it again. it was a plastic 20 once glass, almost like a picther or a mug. If that hit him in the head or ese, he could have been seriously injured.

Turn on ESPN news.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    Uhh, if you cause physical harm to another person, that's physical violence. Throwing a cup at someone's face is physical violence.
    My point was that there wasn't any physical harm, because it wasn't a bottle. But it's all just semantics anyway. Ron shouldn't have gone into the stands no matter what hit him.

From watching the replay it looks like a plastic cup that hit Artest in the upper chest near his neck. I don't think it was made of glass.

Everytime I see the replay I see something new.

Right before Ron nailed that guy who came onto the court, there was a "blue short" security guyj ust standing there pointing. IT IS HIS JOB TO KEEP THE FANS OFF THE COURT, and he is standing there with his thumb up his butt

Here's a funny thought - I'm sure David Stern will condemn this incident, but I wonder if this will be enough to get him to switch the seedings around so the Pacers and Pistons can meet in the ECF?

If the gash on on Mark Boyle's head is any indication, throwing plastic bottles may be considered physical violence.

My point was that there wasn't any physical harm, because it wasn't a bottle. But it's all just semantics anyway. Ron shouldn't have gone into the stands no matter what hit him.
    And if it was a bottle and it didnt hurt Ron, it wouldn't be physical violence? Your logic is retarded. Ron went into the stands because he was hit with something, You aren't going to go check what you were hit by.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness
    And if it was a bottle and it didnt hurt Ron, it wouldn't be physical violence? Your logic is retarded. Ron went into the stands because he was hit with something, You aren't going to go check what you were hit by.
    Huh? What if it was just liquid that hit him? Would that be physical violence? No, because it didn't hurt him. A plastic cup is more than just liquid, but a lot less than something that could do damage.

And if you think anything justifies a player going into the stands and going after random fans, I don't know what to say. Like Stern said, there is no justification for players going into the stands.