Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Pacers/Bulls postgame thread.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers/Bulls postgame thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    executive of the year? Our biggest aquisition was West (supposedly) - an aging PF who had torn his ACL. Hill was a good trade, but the player drafted has been pretty good for Sass. Barbosa..once again, nice trade, but our second unit was doing darn well without him anyway. All positive acquisitions, but this doesn't take a team from 8th to 3rd without a heck of a coaching job.
    How dare you leave out the MVP of our team, sweet Lou! Not to mention the locker room all star Fez!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

But there's a huge advantage in having veteran players who know how to play YOUR system. Meaning, yea, they're probably the "best coached" teams, but that doesn't mean those coaches did the best job this year. They just happen to have the best systems with veteran players who know how to run those systems.

Vogel hasn't even had a real opportunity to implement his offensive system. What Frank has done this season is honestly remarkable. And before anyone says I'm exaggerating, who thought the Pacers would have the fifth best record in the league, and the third best team in the East?

I think Frank has done the best job coaching this season. Not because we have the team that runs most like a machine in the league. We don't. But it would have been impossible to expect that from this team.

That said, I have no issues with Pop getting it. But, it seems like it'll be more like Kobe's MVP - a career achievement award, instead of what actually occurred this season.

executive of the year? Our biggest aquisition was West (supposedly) - an aging PF who had torn his ACL. Hill was a good trade, but the player drafted has been pretty good for Sass. Barbosa..once again, nice trade, but our second unit was doing darn well without him anyway. All positive acquisitions, but this doesn't take a team from 8th to 3rd without a heck of a coaching job.
    Well who hired Frank to be the head coach? What about all the guys Larry has drafted that are showing how good they can be? I don't view executive of the year as just a year thing, but rather how the team got to where it is. Larry has done a tremendous job to get this team from where we were not long ago to be the 3 seed in the East.

Bird and Vogel both have very strong cases to be executive/coach of the year.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    Well who hired Frank to be the head coach? What about all the guys Larry has drafted that are showing how good they can be? I don't view executive of the year as just a year thing, but rather how the team got to where it is. Larry has done a tremendous job to get this team from where we were not long ago to be the 3 seed in the East.

Bird and Vogel both have very strong cases to be executive/coach of the year.
    I'm not saying anything negative about Bird, he's obviously done an excellent job.

I'm just saying the talent we acquired doesn't scream "fifth best record in the NBA"...which is where the credit to Vogel (and the players who bought in) go.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm not saying anything negative about Bird, he's obviously done an excellent job.

I'm just saying the talent we acquired doesn't scream "fifth best record in the NBA"...which is where the credit to Vogel (and the players who bought in) go.
    this offseason alone? No, but I think thats the case for most teams. Its more of a culmination of what Larry has done the past few years coming to fruition. For that I think Larry deserves executive of the year.

What team pulled off great moves in FA and trades that greatly improved their team? West was the second biggest name in FA. Nene was first, and Denver traded him after resigning him. The only team that comes to mind is the Clippers with CP3 and they only got him because the Hornets are owned by the league. Also the Pacers are better than the Clippers.

A lot of teams this year stood pat when it comes to their roster. Only 4 teams have a better record than the Pacers, all 4 didn't make any major changes to their roster. I think you are underselling Bird a bit on his moves this season as well. Describing West as an injured aging PF, when you know the impact he has had on this club on and off the court.

Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    Are you saying you think we should move Collison or that we should have Lance play as the "point guard" while Collison plays as the "shooting guard?"
    When Lance and Collison were on the court together last night, Lance played as much point as Collison did.

If you're going to put Lance on the court, you might as well give him the ball and let him run the offense. And if you're going to do that, you might as well upgrade the SG position.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!