Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Bulls postgame thread.

Default Re: Pacers/Bulls postgame thread.

I appreciate the D that Lance was bringing against Hamilton all night long. Up in his face suffocating D. He did an admirable job fight around the countless illegal screens that Noah and Boozer set.

I think Larry signs Stevenson to another contract and ultimately that means you let Barbosa or Hill walk. Or perhaps they will find away to send Jones packing a year early?

I wish they find away to get both Barbosa and Hill here for the next 3 years.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bulls were showcasing D Rose and this was the only game where the local bandwagon Bulls fans could come out to see him play.
    Some showcase.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ZepZach View Post
    Granger > j rich
    West> Anderson
    Hill >Nelson
    Reddick> George (now). BUT Hibbert makes that moot
    WTF did Reddick and PG get swapped in a trade!?

there is a < just sayin.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MiaDragon For This Useful Post:

Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    Amped for the playoffs!!!

Should crush a redbull!!! And a 6 pack! YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!

Tyler?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MyFavMartin For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    Just got back from the game and related drinking (though not enough to not post). Man, that crowd was brutal. Probably 60-40 Bulls to Pacers fans, and that's being generous. Was impressed with volume of Pacers fans there, though, did manage to drown out the "MVP" chants raining down for D Rose (huh?). Still, pretty sad sight, though I guess made more understandable by fact Pacers were resting D Granger and had nothing to play for, Bulls were showcasing D Rose and this was the only game where the local bandwagon Bulls fans could come out to see him play.]

I expect better from fans in the playoffs.
    Now you know why the Pacers are last in the league in attendance. They had a good 10K Bulls fans in the building tonight. Most of them local.

Oh and one player I hope they don't retain is Tyler. How many times did the Bulls front line get a dunk on us because Tyler lost his man? Its ridiculous. Swear....Ryan Anderson is gonna have his Career playoff series next week. That dude is a FA no? He gonna end up getting 14 Million a year just based off making Tyler look terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    They had a good 10K Bulls fans in the building tonight. Most of them local.
    As seen when the post game festivities began. Kind of ridiculous to see Bulls "fans" scrambling for Pacers gear, eh?

Chuckles the Evil Pacer fan Clown is not a happy evil clown tonight. There will be many a traitor having to deal with him in their nightmares....
    Last edited by Sandman21; 04-25-2012 at 11:24 PM.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Now you know why the Pacers are last in the league in attendance. They had a good 10K Bulls fans in the building tonight. Most of them local.
    Imagine how many more fans they would have if the Bulls got the 9th pick in 2008 like they should have. So many D.J. Augustine jerseys.

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Stuckey7370 For This Useful Post:

Its good that Bulls fans showed class and didn't boo during the ceremony at halftime. Very proud of them. Orlando is next and we don't have to worry about ****** loads of magic fans packing the fieldhouse thank God.
    Give the ball to your best playmakers to win

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mr_Smith For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by gummy View Post
    Perhaps this is a joke. If not, they are professional basketball commentators. I expect them to pay some small amount of attention. I bet every single commentator knows that Danny Granger plays for the Pacers and starts. That, plus a glance at a box score should be all that was needed to disabuse them of the notion that this was a regular game.
    It was definitely a joke. But with that said, Bulls fans thought this game was their bench vs. our starters. I saw several posts along the lines of:

"Wow, we're blowing out the #3 seed, and we're doing it with our backups."

Ignoring the fact that their starters all logged fairly normal minutes while ours sat. Ignorance is pretty universal.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:

During the halftime ceremony did anyone have to restrain Peck from dancing when Leo Sayer came out of the speakers?
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm glad the Bulls fans didn't boo during the ABA presentation but other than that they where horrible... bathroom outside our section was trashed, and a door as pulled off a stall. As well as a kid won a Pacers jersey, and a Bulls fan in the concourse stole it out of his hand and ran off... There was also a group of Bulls fans blocking the balcony concourse and heckling Pacers fans trying to get past them. Normally staffing is great at the games, but for games like this (and playoffs) they really need to add more security.

Stay classy Bulls fans....

Also I lost count how many times Noah, Boozer, and Korver threw fists below our players waists as they passed them (on screens or in transition). Just glad one didn't squarely connect (most hit the thigh)... but if we meet them in the Playoffs and they keep doing it, better watch out.
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Smith View Post
    Its good that Bulls fans showed class and didn't boo during the ceremony at halftime. Very proud of them. Orlando is next and we don't have to worry about ****** loads of magic fans packing the fieldhouse thank God.
    Was JUST coming back to mention this. I'll never say "all ____ fans _____" because it really is only ever small groups that give folks bad names. But the group of Bulls fans booing that ceremony were a disgrace. The fact that ushers made no moves to quell tensions or be in place if fights broke out—and several almost did—was also very concerning.

Seemed like the booing was mostly confined to one corner of the fieldhouse. Where I sat, no Bulls fans booed. But those that booed should have been told to shut up or get out, and I don't blame Pacers fans for getting agitated by that.

PacerDude

Quote Originally Posted by QuickRelease View Post
    Hibs on Reddick?
    My point was that Hibs and Paul would have the same effect on Redick's shot coming off a screen, there's no sense in leaving anderson wide open too because Hibs and west can't close out fast enough to the 3-pt stripe

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    I've already got a bad feeling. Too much over confidence.
    The fans are going to be playing the game instead of the players?

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    The fans are going to be playing the game instead of the players?
    Where do I sign up?

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    Where do I sign up?
    at the fieldhouse, between noon and 5pm

Quote Originally Posted by cgg View Post
    at the fieldhouse, between noon and 5pm
    Fair warning, I may not be quite NBA-caliber material yet.

I have to say, I love Granger, but I'm a bit miffed that he didn't play this game tonight. This is a marquee match up the Bull's fans paid to see.

Pacers 4 Life.31 and only Pacers4Life's Avatar

I have to say, I love Granger, but I'm a bit miffed that he didn't play this game tonight. This is a marquee match up the Bull's fans paid to see.
    Hurt his knee a bit mayne. This game really didn't mean a darn thing to us. David and Danny are the only players I'm comfortable missing a few games and ot being complete trash... Seen DC's shot since he's been back? Yikes. I'm hoping he had the green light to shoot tonight to get the kinks worked out because that J is broke.
    Reggie Miller is a God. Period.

Passion. Pride. Pacers.

It's ALWAYS Miller Time.
    #31 & Only

Oh and one player I hope they don't retain is Tyler. How many times did the Bulls front line get a dunk on us because Tyler lost his man? Its ridiculous. Swear....Ryan Anderson is gonna have his Career playoff series next week. That dude is a FA no? He gonna end up getting 14 Million a year just based off making Tyler look terrible.
    You're blaming Tyler for the weakness of our system. Our help is slow to rotate. If Tyler gets stuck in a screen or his man makes a move to the basket the help doesn't rotate quick enough and it makes him look like he lost his man. This happens because we have him on the perimeter roaming for traps and doubles. We rarely run a man defense we rely on this gimmick almost and it gets us burnt a lot, especially from three. When it works it's a thing of beauty. When it doesn't, the whole team loses their man like we did tonight at times because of the screens and sharp cuts illegal or not.

Still I admit when he does D the player up they somehow manage to drain it on him regardless of the decent to good defense. And sometimes he seems to be a second off and contests the shot too late because he goes to cut off the driver who then dishes to Tyler's man and he hits the shot even though Tyler tries to recover. Sometimes the other players are just that good and they are going to make those shots and you have to match them.
    Last edited by Midcoasted; 04-26-2012 at 02:19 AM.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Midcoasted For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Midcoasted View Post
    You're blaming Tyler for the weakness of our system. Our help is slow to rotate. If Tyler gets stuck in a screen or his man makes a move to the basket the help doesn't rotate quick enough and it makes him look like he lost his man. This happens because we have him on the perimeter roaming for traps and doubles. We rarely run a man defense we rely on this gimmick almost and it gets us burnt a lot, especially from three. When it works it's a thing of beauty. When it doesn't, the whole team loses their man like we did tonight at times because of the screens and sharp cuts illegal or not.

Still I admit when he does D the player up they somehow manage to drain it on him regardless of the decent to good defense. And sometimes he seems to be a second off and contests the shot too late because he goes to cut off the driver who then dishes to Tyler's man and he hits the shot even though Tyler tries to recover. Sometimes the other players are just that good and they are going to make those shots and you have to match them.
    I honestly thought they had a set of plays specifically for our obvious rotations. In 3 different instances Boozer received a pass after some kind of Noah screen n roll action and then launched a pass without looking to where Noah was filling the space created by our PnR defense. Once Amundson picked it off, but he had to make a nice play to get to it.

Wink Re: Pacers/Bulls postgame thread.

Quote Originally Posted by tadscout View Post
    Stay classy Bulls fans....
    LOL .. not to nitpick on ya brother , but I always see posters on here saying
    "stay classy" in relation to Bulls fans and etc...

In response to that , I say one must "have" class in the first place to "stay" classy .. lol

Last edited by Kemo; 04-26-2012 at 03:23 AM.

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kemo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Midcoasted View Post

GREAT post. I do think Tyler certainly has some recognition issues, BUT most times this season when I've initially thought "Jesus, why the hell didn't you rotate, Tyler?", I rewind and find that Tyler was stuck in no man's land with a player either on or coming toward each side of the rim. Some terrible perimeter defense and perpetual trail position leads to this scenario.

Again, I'm not even a big Tyler fan. But he's been hung out to dry on defense a lot this year, and he just doesn't have the athleticism to still make something out of it like Hibbert can.

Mood

I had a couple of drunk Bulls fans behind and beside me up in the balcony, but they were alright. Most even cheered when the Pacers made their small comebacks, so I could definitely see the bandwagoning a bit. The girl I was with was a Bulls fan, but she hasn't kept up with them in years so she didn't even know they were that good.

Pretty fun game despite the loss. Good to see Lance get a good game in. Halftime was cool.