Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 38

Thread: Brooklyn Nets logo leaked?

  1. #1
    Inspiration Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    42,723

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Brooklyn Nets logo leaked?


  2. #2
    Member rabid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    2,329

    Default Re: Brooklyn Nets logo leaked?

    If this is real there is almost certainly a color version that probably looks better. I actually kind of like it...

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to rabid For This Useful Post:


  4. #3
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    14,648

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Brooklyn Nets logo leaked?

    They should have invoked the Brooklyn Bridge into it.

  5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  6. #4
    PANTONE 282 C ColorWerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Burnsville, MN USA
    Posts
    43

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Brooklyn Nets logo leaked?

    Quote Originally Posted by rabidpacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If this is real there is almost certainly a color version that probably looks better. I actually kind of like it...
    Prepare to be disappointed...

  7. #5
    Go Paytherth! rel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Atlanta
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,814

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Brooklyn Nets logo leaked?

    all black errrything!

  8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rel For This Useful Post:


  9. #6
    Since 1984 1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,687

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Brooklyn Nets logo leaked?

    Where exactly is the net?

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 1984 For This Useful Post:


  11. #7
    On the Vogel Wagon gummy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    3,908
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Brooklyn Nets logo leaked?

    That's rather...plain.

    Definitely should have worked the bridge into it somehow.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

    "Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

    Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gummy For This Useful Post:


  13. #8
    Member LoneGranger33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,143

    Default Re: Brooklyn Nets logo leaked?

    Golden State's already got dibs on bridge imagery, or "bridgery", as we call it in the business.

  14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:


  15. #9
    #RiseOfTheKing imbtyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Nashville, IN
    Posts
    1,630
    Mood

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Brooklyn Nets logo leaked?

    Quote Originally Posted by gummy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's rather...plain.

    Definitely should have worked the bridge into it somehow.
    Nah, they had another piece for the bridge, but they didn't have enough tape to put it with the rest.
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.



  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imbtyler For This Useful Post:


  17. #10
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    28
    Posts
    15,026

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Brooklyn Nets logo leaked?

    Quote Originally Posted by 1984 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Where exactly is the net?
    Their current logo lacks a Net as well.

  18. #11

    Default Re: Brooklyn Nets logo leaked?

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Golden State's already got dibs on bridge imagery, or "bridgery", as we call it in the business.
    Oh, business talk. #impressed
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to rock747 For This Useful Post:


  20. #12
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    14,648

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Brooklyn Nets logo leaked?

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Golden State's already got dibs on bridge imagery, or "bridgery", as we call it in the business.

    No, they have the dibs on the Bay Bridge. The Brooklyn Bridge is an infinitely more famous bridge. A logo with the Brooklyn Bridge would be much better than that bland crap above.

  21. #13
    Since 1984 1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,687

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Brooklyn Nets logo leaked?

    That's too bad. That's not even WNBA bad, that's worse than D-League bad, that's worse than Oklahoma City Thunder bad... well I won't go that far.

  22. #14
    Since 1984 1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,687

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Brooklyn Nets logo leaked?


  23. #15
    Since 1984 1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,687

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Brooklyn Nets logo leaked?

    #Hellobrooklyn looks like crap

  24. #16
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Greenfield, IN
    Posts
    3,221
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    That looks like a 4 year old playing with Photoshop. Terrible.


    Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Attending the University of Louisville in August!
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:


  26. #17
    Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    In the Washington DC area
    Posts
    4,277
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Brooklyn Nets logo leaked?

    As a former ABA team, wish they'd keep their colors as homage to their ancestry.

  27. #18
    Member LoneGranger33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,143

    Default Re: Brooklyn Nets logo leaked?

    I know it seems counter-intuitive to you non-business types out there, but too much bridgery can really bog down a professional sports league, especially when we're propping up second-tier bridges that just don't inspire loyalty in their fan base. I've read a lot of studies about this, and from a purely economic perspective, the Brooklyn Bridge consistently ranks behind the Golden Gate Bridge, the George Washington Bridge, and even the Mackinac Bridge in Michigan. Those three are the only bridges in America - with the possible exception of the Tacoma Narrows Bridge - that have the brand recognition necessary to support an NBA team. You'd be crazy to think otherwise.

  28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:


  29. #19
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    14,648

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Brooklyn Nets logo leaked?

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know it seems counter-intuitive to you non-business types out there, but too much bridgery can really bog down a professional sports league, especially when we're propping up second-tier bridges that just don't inspire loyalty in their fan base. I've read a lot of studies about this, and from a purely economic perspective, the Brooklyn Bridge consistently ranks behind the Golden Gate Bridge, the George Washington Bridge, and even the Mackinac Bridge in Michigan. Those three are the only bridges in America - with the possible exception of the Tacoma Narrows Bridge - that have the brand recognition necessary to support an NBA team. You'd be crazy to think otherwise.
    I'll give a lesson to those who might be implied to take your post seriously....

    The Warriors logo isn't the Golden Gate Bridge, it's the Bay Bridge. The Golden Gate Bridge goes from SF to Marin County, CA. The Warriors logo is the Bay Bridge, which links SF and Oakland (where the Warriors play).

    The Golden Gate and Brookly Bridge are without a doubt the most famous bridges in the country. I would think a Bridge expert like you would at least understand that, even though you apparently didn't realize that the Warriors logo was not the Golden Gate.

    George Washington? Come on, it's a big bridge but it is no way as famous as the Brooklyn which is older and is far more photographed. The George Washington is way up in northern Manhattan, a good distance away from the skyscrapers. The Brooklyn OTOH goes right into the heart of Lower Manhattan and it's one of the most photographed areas in the country.

    Mackinac Bridge? LOL, that's an insult to the true historic bridges of this country.

    Anyone who vaults your lame bridges (with the exception of Golden Gate) above a beautiful historic one that goes right into the heart of Wall Street is the crazy one.

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  31. #20
    Member LoneGranger33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,143

    Default Re: Brooklyn Nets logo leaked?

    First off, I never once said the Warriors' logo represented the Golden Gate Bridge. I simply stated that the Golden Gate Bridge was one of the few left in America that could support a franchise on its own merits.

    Secondly, I also never claimed to be a bridge expert. I'm a bridge and tunnel enthusiast, sure, but I'm a Bridgery Interpretation Specialist by trade.

    Allow me to crack an egg of knowledge all over you. There is already a professional sports team that incorporates the Brooklyn Bridge into their logo - the New York Metropolitans. Complex analyses of the Mets' utilization of bridgery has proven beyond a reasonable doubt that the Brooklyn Bridge just doesn't inspire confidence in the Tri-State Area fan base that other bridges would. A government study suggested that using the Robert F. Kennedy Bridge, popularly known as the Triborough Bridge, would likely push the Mets past the Yankees as the most popular baseball team in the Empire State.

    Lastly, I do not like your tone. You implore other posters not to take my post seriously and go so far as to claim that I'm the crazy one, despite the fact that I have more expertise and experience in the field. I don't usually stoop to name-calling, but you come off sounding a lot like an uncultured railroad zealot. Stick to the dead iron, buddy!
    Last edited by LoneGranger33; 04-25-2012 at 11:28 PM.

  32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:


  33. #21
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    5,680

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Brooklyn Nets logo leaked?

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Lastly, I do not like your tone. You implore other posters not to take my post seriously and go so far as to claim that I'm the crazy one, despite the fact that I have more expertise and experience in the field. I don't usually stoop to name-calling, but you come off sounding a lot like an uncultured railroad zealot. Stick to the dead iron, buddy!
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


  35. #22
    Member Ichi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    164

    Default Re: Brooklyn Nets logo leaked?

    Most interesting bridge discussion ever! Heeeeeeeel Yeeeeah

  36. The Following User Says Thank You to Ichi For This Useful Post:


  37. #23
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    14,648

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Brooklyn Nets logo leaked?

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    First off, I never once said the Warriors' logo represented the Golden Gate Bridge. I simply stated that the Golden Gate Bridge was one of the few left in America that could support a franchise on its own merits.

    Secondly, I also never claimed to be a bridge expert. I'm a bridge and tunnel enthusiast, sure, but I'm a Bridgery Interpretation Specialist by trade.

    Allow me to crack an egg of knowledge all over you. There is already a professional sports team that incorporates the Brooklyn Bridge into their logo - the New York Metropolitans. Complex analyses of the Mets' utilization of bridgery has proven beyond a reasonable doubt that the Brooklyn Bridge just doesn't inspire confidence in the Tri-State Area fan base that other bridges would. A government study suggested that using the Robert F. Kennedy Bridge, popularly known as the Triborough Bridge, would likely push the Mets past the Yankees as the most popular baseball team in the Empire State.

    Lastly, I do not like your tone. You implore other posters not to take my post seriously and go so far as to claim that I'm the crazy one, despite the fact that I have more expertise and experience in the field. I don't usually stoop to name-calling, but you come off sounding a lot like an uncultured railroad zealot. Stick to the dead iron, buddy!
    You try hard to be funny in a subtle sort of way that probably goes over most people's heads, I'll give you that. Definitely an A for effort. Well done.

  38. #24
    Member LoneGranger33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,143

    Default Re: Brooklyn Nets logo leaked?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You try hard to be funny in a subtle sort of way that probably goes over most people's heads, I'll give you that. Definitely an A for effort. Well done.
    I cannot believe you questioned my earnestness on this subject again! How dare you. You've just burned your bridges with me. And as an avid bridge and tunnel enthusiast, you better believe that I don't use that idiom unless I really mean it. Good day, sir.

  39. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:


  40. #25
    STRAIGHT UP pizza guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,010
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Brooklyn Nets logo leaked?

    Depending on what colors they go with, I actually have some confidence in Jay-Z to make this a pretty respectable look. The logo might be a little bland, but most of the widely respected and cherished sports logos are simple, clean, and bold. Think of the Yankees' "NY," the Packers' "G," Bears' "C," and Colts' Horseshoe.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

    @The_Real_CJake

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-20-2012, 08:00 AM
  2. Area 55 season thread for 2010-11
    By pacer4ever in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1386
    Last Post: 06-03-2011, 11:07 AM
  3. Snooki?s Team Invades Conseco!
    By RoboHicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-27-2011, 08:10 PM
  4. Teams looking to trade for Jason Kidd (Insider)
    By Slick Pinkham in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-09-2004, 06:07 PM
  5. 7-5 Nets Blueprint
    By Gyron in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-07-2004, 09:21 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •