Thread: Paranormal

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Paranormal

Have you ever experienced paranormal activity (not the movie)?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Paranormal

In high school, my friends mom remarried and he moved into an old victorian house on some back roads. They had barns and all that stuff. When his family was out of town, I was hanging out with him and one of our other good friends. They were sitting on the couch and I was across the room in a chair next to a door that leads to a hallway. We were talking about ghosts and the knob started rattling. He tried telling me it was probably a cat but I was banging on the door and trying to shake the door but the knob did not move. Even if a cat hung on the door knob(unlikely) I don't know how it would turn back and forth like an angry person desperately trying to open the door.

I also grew up with this really hot girl since the age of 6. She told me about ghosts in her house. It was an old Amish house and her brother saw an old man looking over him when he woke up on the couch. She said she saw a little boy sitting in her brothers room on a chair when she passed. And someone kept adding water to their shampoo, they asked each other who was doing it and they all claimed they didn't. Making it last longer is something Amish would do. Seems like a cruel joke if her brother or parents were messing with her. And since she was hot/popular, doubt she'd bother making it up. Who wants to sound like a freak weirdo?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to TOP For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I also grew up with this really hot girl since the age of 6. She told me about ghosts in her house. It was an old Amish house and her brother saw an old man looking over him when he woke up on the couch. She said she saw a little boy sitting in her brothers room on a chair when she passed. And someone kept adding water to their shampoo, they asked each other who was doing it and they all claimed they didn't. Making it last longer is something Amish would do. Seems like a cruel joke if her brother or parents were messing with her. And since she was hot/popular, doubt she'd bother making it up. Who wants to sound like a freak weirdo?
    Those sound more like house guardians than ghosts. Chances are that none of those spirits is malevolent.

Mood

While away in the Army my family moved to a very old house in Alexandria. I came home on leave and they told me that the house was haunted by an elderly lady named edith. I laughed hard and told them there was no such thing and even made fun of her. That night I had a dream my youngest sister was playing in one of the rooms upstairs. When I went to go into the room the door slammed right in my face and I heard this old lady voice say "get out". I blew it off and the next day I had some drinks and laid down on the couch to sleep. I forgot to turn off the dining room light and out of the corner of my eye I saw someone walk by the room and turned out the light. I thought it was my mom, but she said she was upstairs all night.

A few months later I came back home for a holiday weekend. My mother was studying for her nursing boards. She told me that the organ will play on its own and I laughed and told her it was completely bs. The next night she was studying again and we heard a low pitch coming from the organ. I made fun at it and it went from a low to high pitch quickly. I went to turn the organ off and I realized the organ was unplugged from the wall. The next night I was sitting out on the porch drinking some whisky and enjoying a nice early summer night. When I went to go back in the door was locked. I waited until 6am the next day to get in and everyone said that they didn't lock the door.

The next morning I was due to go back to Ft. Leonard Wood in Missouri. I got all ready and went upstairs to make sure that I didn't forget anything. I got to the edge of the stairs and it felt like someone kicked me in the back and I went rolling down the stairs. I didn't get hurt or anything but I was the only one awake.

Now that I live in the house with my family we haven't had anything major happen. Right before my ending my military career my mom had a priest come to the house and do the whole holy water and sage thing. The only thing that happended then was the television in my room would flip channels and turn itself all of the way up on its own. When I moved to an apartment all of that stopped with the TV.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I have not and I am not sure what to think about it, but I imagine I believe it can happen. I have always hated horror movies and can be startled easily, maybe the spirits are just having mercy on me.

My grandmother swears that a couple of weeks after my great grandfather died, she was taking an afternoon nap and woke up and my great grandfather was sitting in an easy chair looking at her and smiling. She asked him what he was doing there and he told her that he would always be around to watch her and he was happy that life was working out well for her and told her not to worry about him. She then blinked and he was gone. Personally I think it would be nice to be able to come back after I'm gone and assure a couple of loved ones that I'm fine.

I once witnessed Anthony Johnson scoring 40 points in a playoff game.

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Pingu For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yes, on multiple occasions I have seen spirits, and on two occasions I've seen UFO's, one of which is just an unidentifiable airplane and the second which was a fiery orb.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Attending the University of Louisville in August!
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    .... a fiery orb.
    I have seen those!

Oh wait... I thought you said herb.

NEVER MIND!
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

boo

Quote Originally Posted by jeffg-body View Post
    . The next night I was sitting out on the porch drinking some whisky and enjoying a nice early summer night. When I went to go back in the door was locked. I waited until 6am the next day to get in and everyone said that they didn't lock the door.
    Mystery solved friend.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    Mystery solved friend.
    I think you hit the nail on the thread my friend. Only if I were still the young soldier home on leave again sipping on a bit of the good stuff trying to kick the jetlag.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by jeffg-body View Post
    While away in the Army my family moved to a very old house in Alexandria. I came home on leave and they told me that the house was haunted by an elderly lady named edith. I laughed hard and told them there was no such thing and even made fun of her. That night I had a dream my youngest sister was playing in one of the rooms upstairs. When I went to go into the room the door slammed right in my face and I heard this old lady voice say "get out". I blew it off and the next day I had some drinks and laid down on the couch to sleep. I forgot to turn off the dining room light and out of the corner of my eye I saw someone walk by the room and turned out the light. I thought it was my mom, but she said she was upstairs all night.

A few months later I came back home for a holiday weekend. My mother was studying for her nursing boards. She told me that the organ will play on its own and I laughed and told her it was completely bs. The next night she was studying again and we heard a low pitch coming from the organ. I made fun at it and it went from a low to high pitch quickly. I went to turn the organ off and I realized the organ was unplugged from the wall. The next night I was sitting out on the porch drinking some whisky and enjoying a nice early summer night. When I went to go back in the door was locked. I waited until 6am the next day to get in and everyone said that they didn't lock the door.

The next morning I was due to go back to Ft. Leonard Wood in Missouri. I got all ready and went upstairs to make sure that I didn't forget anything. I got to the edge of the stairs and it felt like someone kicked me in the back and I went rolling down the stairs. I didn't get hurt or anything but I was the only one awake.

Now that I live in the house with my family we haven't had anything major happen. Right before my ending my military career my mom had a priest come to the house and do the whole holy water and sage thing. The only thing that happended then was the television in my room would flip channels and turn itself all of the way up on its own. When I moved to an apartment all of that stopped with the TV.
    Apparently, that lady really disliked you