Thread: Andrew Luck to appear on Letterman April 26th

Default Andrew Luck to appear on Letterman April 26th

Right after the draft at least he won't have to go far to make this appearance...

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Andrew Luck to appear on Letterman April 26th

I have my DVR set now. Thanks for the heads up.
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

He'll request a trade live on Letterman.... - OlLord Helmet
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

LMAO David brought up suck for luck.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to spazzxb For This Useful Post:

So thrilled to have this guy on our team. He is humble and will work his butt off.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

i cant wait he seems so excited

Banned
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Here's a little bit longer video:

wow he is so goofy, you can tell he's going to be great

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I love watching his interviews. When watching him, it becomes clearly evident that Luck isn't your typical Superman-like jock.

He's a completely normal average guy who might even have some social anxieties, and who also just so happens to be the most talented young man on the planet at playing the position of quarterback.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Btw, I recommend to anyone to buy and read this short book about Andrew which just gives some insight into the life of Luck:

"Andrew Luck: Inside the Making of a No. 1 Pick"

http://www.amazon.com/Andrew-Luck-In...5546096&sr=8-2

It's only $2.99 on Kindle.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

One thing that I've gleaned from all the reading I've done on his personal life is that Luck is very low-key in almost all facets... he doesn't like the spotlight, he doesn't go party all the time, he rides a bike around campus, he preferred to remain in college than go land a $60mill contract, doesn't even seem to place a lot of value on money, doesn't own a car or a current smartphone, his idea of "fun" is just goin' to a local eatery with his sisters, he turns away from any TV that shows footage of him, he rarely talks about imself, but always talks about his teammates.

He's asleep by midnight, and *has* to review footage of a game before he hits the sack or he can't sleep.

He's declined offers from networks who wanted to make shows about him and follow him around because he says, "My life is boring".

At school, when he's at class, he *never* mentions football, and a lot of people would never know he's a star QB if he wasn't splashed all over the news. He's been said to have an amazing ability to compartmentalize his life, and when he's focused on school, he's focused on school and football isn't something he thinks about, until it's time to think about football.

Everyone says he's extremely likeable, polite and humble. He's exactly what we need for this team, and his personality is a perfect fit for a low-key city like Indianapolis. I think he's going to find our "sleepy" city to be exactly what he needs, comparatively to a market like NY or CHI or DC, cities where the more flamboyant RG3 would fit in.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Right after the draft at least he won't have to go far to make this appearance...
    Evidently, his Letterman appearance was filmed *before* he walked the stage at the draft.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

You know what this feels like?

I don't know if anyone else is a horse-racing fan, but I love it. I'm 'bout to lay down a cheesy equine metaphor.

For anyone who has read up on horse-racing history, this feels like Secretariat. When Secretariat was young and coming up the scene, he just looked like the most amazing prospect ever. He had no flaws, he was damn near perfect in all his traits. He was physically superior, but also mentally superior --- but he also had this really cool demeanor and laid-back personality, almost hermit-like that made him so likable off the track. When he walked onto the track, everyone gasped. It became a foregone conclusion, just by looking at the horse, that we were about to witness the greatest horse of all time perform the most amazing racing feats of all time. THere had been amazing horses before him, but when he came on the scene, people realized that he might be the most perfect specimen ever, on a level that had never been seen and may never be equaled.

And then he went out and did it in 1973 and laid down the most amazing stretch of horse racing feats in history.

This is what Luck feels like to me. He's this magnificent thoroughbred. There's no other "horse" (pun intended) on his level, and we are about to witness history.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 04-27-2012 at 01:39 PM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post: