Thread: Ben Wallace instigated this.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Default Ben Wallace instigated this.

Ben Wallace instigated this brawl.

I'm not saying he's responsible for Artest running into the stands and clocking people. He's not responsible for the insane fans.

I'm not saying he caused it. I'm saying that if he had not continued to rush at Artest, even after being ejected, if he had not been throwing towels at Artest, then the fans would not have continued to get incited. That beer was probably just a fan trying to throw the object at Ron that Ben couldn't throw, because he didn't have an angle to do so.

If Ben doesn't rush at Ron like an idiot and a madman, this event doesn't happen. Ron certainly tried hard at the beginning to avoid any incident.

This being the case, I think Ben and Ron should receive equal punishments.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Default Re: Ben Wallace instigated this.

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ben Wallace instigated this brawl.

I'm not saying he's responsible for Artest running into the stands and clocking people. He's not responsible for the insane fans.

I'm not saying he caused it. I'm saying that if he had not continued to rush at Artest, even after being ejected, if he had not been throwing towels at Artest, then the fans would not have continued to get incited. That beer was probably just a fan trying to throw the object at Ron that Ben couldn't throw, because he didn't have an angle to do so.

If Ben doesn't rush at Ron like an idiot and a madman, this event doesn't happen. Ron certainly tried hard at the beginning to avoid any incident.

This being the case, I think Ben and Ron should receive equal punishments.

Absolutely correct, without question. Ben Wallace was the instigator and the one who needs to seek anger mgmt.

The shame of it all is that the Pacers are going to take the brunt of the punishment because YOU JUST CAN'T go into the stands.

The NBA should make an example of Ben, Ron, S. Jackson and the Detroit Pistons Organization.

Ben was ejected and didn't leave inciting a very hostile, dangerous situation. Unprecedented suspension for failing to leave the court and endangering Ron's life with the violent shove at his neck.

Ron/Jackson- CAN'T GO INTO THE STANDS- Large suspension. THIS SUCKS THOUGH BECAUSE Wallace should've just stepped up and hit his free throws and none of this happens!!

Detroit Fans/Org- This should be monsterous and unprecedented as well. Or else, it will keep occurring.

Water