Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hansbrough v Dunleavy

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Hansbrough v Dunleavy

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, you got it backwards. I was listening to that game live on the Bucks feed and they said that Dun wasn't liked by anyone of his teammates and that he had no contact with any of them since the trade. They got that from Mike himself. He's an arrogant a-hole who thinks he's better than he really is, I never liked him and this latest episode makes me despise him even more. He has continued to go for head shots on Tyler and I was surprised that knee last night didn't do more damage. He is a *****, he has tried to make it all look accidental when, in fact, it's all on purpose. **** Mike, we're so much better without him.

No, you got it backwards as far as the announcers were saying. He was, in fact, talking about Hansbrough. George HIll was shooting at the line at the 10:33 mark in the 4th quarter, March 24th if you wanna check it out.

What he said was:

"You mentioned when hansbrough broke in, we were told at the time he was not well liked by his teammates. Dunleavy was one of them. Not that he didn't like him, he was one of his teammates."

What happens in the locker room stays in the locker room.

Stick it Punkleavy.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

No, you got it backwards. I was listening to that game live on the Bucks feed and they said that Dun wasn't liked by anyone of his teammates and that he had no contact with any of them since the trade. They got that from Mike himself.
    That's exactly how I remember what the Bucks announcers said during the broadcast. Will go listen to it again.
    Last edited by gummy; 04-20-2012 at 01:38 PM.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
    From the body language I've seen on the court it seems that the Pacer players love Tyler. They may not play have matching BFF tatoos with Tyler... but on the court they are family. Look at Speed's avatar. That pretty much sums it up.

I don't really care about Mike Dunleavy. That Cheesehead can enjoy the offseason.
    George Hill tweeted not too long ago he was going to lunch with Tyler and Dahntay and Dahntay and Lance are now bestfriends. They are always out together and just a few days ago Lance, Dahntay, and PG went paintballing together. They all hang out together and all seem to be close, though some are closer than others.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hibbert For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    No, you got it backwards as far as the announcers were saying. He was, in fact, talking about Hansbrough. George HIll was shooting at the line at the 10:33 mark in the 4th quarter, March 24th if you wanna check it out.

What he said was:

"You mentioned when hansbrough broke in, we were told at the time he was not well liked by his teammates. Dunleavy was one of them. Not that he didn't like him, he was one of his teammates."
    Than I am thinking of a different game, I will watch the last two games before the one last night and post exactly what was said. The Bucks announcers were talking about Dun and said he was not well liked on the Pacers and the other guy chimed in and said well he hasn't been well liked anywhere he's played and they both laughed. I'll find it and post it later.

Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post

What he said was:

Also, if they were told by anyone I'm going to take a wild guess and say it was Mike. If that's the case than he is obviously bitter and maybe he was the one who didn't like Tyler. I watch every game and I stay connected to all things Pacers and from what I've gathered I've never noticed anyone not liking Tyler and have seen/heard several players speak highly of him. If it were true that Tyler was not liked by anyone on the team we wouldn't just be hearing about it now.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hibbert For This Useful Post:

Also, if they were told by anyone I'm going to take a wild guess and say it was Mike. If that's the case than he is obviously bitter and maybe he was the one who didn't like Tyler. I watch every game and I stay connected to all things Pacers and from what I've gathered I've never noticed anyone not liking Tyler and have seen/heard several players speak highly of him. If it were true that Tyler was not liked by anyone on the team we wouldn't just be hearing about it now.
    I don't disagree that it was prolly more than Dunleavy had the problem, just pointing out that Dunleavy didn't come out of here and then own up to the fact that he was a problem. He came out pointing fingers.

Otherwise, he wouldn't have taken the opportunity for a couple of cheap shots. First the cheek, and then kneeing him in the face. You could argue that Dunleavy had nowhere to go in their little floor scuffle, but if he had just fallen on him and stayed to the side, Tyler could easily have gotten out of there. As it was, Dunleavy used Tyler's face and chest to push himself off.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by billbradley View Post
    Something happened early in the first game versus the Bucks. Tyler did something in that game, so Dun got him back.
    I got no problem with that kind of ball. But don't whine to the press about it after.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoLovesYaBaby? View Post
    I got no problem with that kind of ball. But don't whine to the press about it after.
    Nobody seems to know what Tyler did in that game, though. He just got nailed in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by ASkin_ANight View Post
    I can definitely see that. Notice whenever Tyler shoots a free throw he's the only one on this team that doesn't immediately go in for dap or high fives to his teammates in the lane. He usually doesn't even acknowledge them. I haven't really been paying attention to his habits recently but earlier in the season, whenever he was in the lane and a teammate was shooting a free throw, he wouldn't go give them a high-five either. Not a big deal, I guess, but it just seems like there's something to it considering EVERY other player on this team does it but him.

Plus there's the A.J. Price tongue thing. It really does seem like most players on this team don't like him.
    Or when the entire bench is up and cheering Tyler is sitting down a lot of the time.... that's something i've noticed.
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

Tyler stole Dunleavy's cheeseburger

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BornReady For This Useful Post:

Banned

So how come West and Barbosa are taking shots at other players for Tyler if they don't like him?

And also Mackey's source seems to be Mcbob, the guy the Pacers didn't even call when he was a free agent, they pretty much did the same thing with Suckleavy, why would a team or FO do that if they don't think poorly of those players?

Eating some cranbaisins The Sleeze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    So how come West and Barbosa are taking shots at other players for Tyler if they don't like him?

And also Mackey's source seems to be Mcbob, the guy the Pacers didn't even call when he was a free agent, they pretty much did the same thing with Suckleavy, why would a team or FO do that if they don't think poorly of those players?
    I prefer Dung-leavy

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Sleeze For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    Or when the entire bench is up and cheering Tyler is sitting down a lot of the time.... that's something i've noticed.
    That just means Tyler is generally a quiet, reserved guy. It doesn't mean his teammates don't like him, or vice versa.
    "Can you take away every single day that we have given to another false prophet" -- Corey Taylor

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by The Sleeze View Post
    I prefer Dung-leavy
    Hey, hey, hey, Larry...Dunger Zone.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

Great point.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Great point.
    Yea, I feel like there's a difference between "Loner" and "one of the guys" vs "Not very well liked."

As someone else said, his teammates stick up for him. Dahntay's always rubbing his head. That AJ tongue thing doesn't seem like something you'd do to a person you don't like (particularly a person whose three times your size. )

It's possible to like the reserved loner, he's just not usually the first guy you look to hang out with.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Honestly, this kinda speaks on Dunleavy's character to me.

We all saw the cheap shot he had on Tyler. What he said now just makes it look like it was with ill-intent.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Awesome For This Useful Post:

Tyler may not be the most outgoing person, but I think everyone on the team knows who will be the first to back them up (when he is on the floor of course).
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Mood

Yup. If they are willing to do that, they like him as much as they need to.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gummy For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    Hey, hey, hey, Larry...Dunger Zone.
    When we went to the first game in Milwaukee, I kept referring to him as Mike Unleavy. I had a few beverages, so naturally I thought I was being a clever mother-****er.

The light, not the lie. kester99's Avatar
    Mood

I've got to think that what Tyler 'did' was, in Dunleavy's perception, to cut his legs out from under him after the Barbosa hit.

But, whatever....much ado about not much. Flagrant given, flagrant received.
    [~]) ... Cheers! Go Pacers!

Mood

Remember the article & quotes about the team chemistry being incredible this year? Guys were talking about it just a couple weeks ago. I don't think anyone on this team has a problem with anyone else.

I think the problems are on other rosters now.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

Everyone knows Tyler is different but that doesn't mean people don't like him. He probably keeps his mouth shut and doesn't **** anyone off. Dunleavy shouldn't be fostering a grudge with a guy called psycho.

Somebody needs to snap Dunleavy in half. He's lucky Tyler is more interested in basketball than fighting. I used to like Dunleavy but he's proven that the Golden State fans were right all along.