Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hansbrough v Dunleavy

Default Re: Hansbrough v Dunleavy

As long as no one throws a punch or gives out ballshots, I am totally fine with hard fouls.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonHunter1105 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

It has to be over a woman. Guys usually make up when there is any other sort of disagreement. Mrs. Dunleavy probably fancies Tyler, and MDJ is your typical jealous and insecure husband

Yeah, that's probably it. Rolled eyes.

Bulls-Pacers and Bucks-Pacers just serves to remind it's more fun to watch basketball when teams hate each other. Just seems like the Pacers have been so much of a nonfactor for so long, we haven't seen these kinds of rivalries since...what, Pacers-Pistons?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Actually back in that game in March when Tyler had his nose broken, the Bucks announcers mentioned that Dunleavy had told them that Tyler wasn't liked by most of the team (Pacers) last year. So whatever problem there is with between them it stems back to last year.
    Just found our locker room cancer from last year!

And his name aint Tyler!
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Actually back in that game in March when Tyler had his nose broken, the Bucks announcers mentioned that Dunleavy had told them that Tyler wasn't liked by most of the team (Pacers) last year. So whatever problem there is with between them it stems back to last year.
    That isn't news.

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    That's absolutely asinine. The last thing the Pacers need is trouble, especially going into the playoffs. Have you even considered with what all has happened in the 3 games with the Bucks the NBA is going to be looking really hard at the how Pacers are playing and decide to not allow it in the playoffs? Barbosa should have hit him harder mentality has no place for the good of Pacers, now or in the future.
    Agreed. By smashmouth, I think we want post play and rebounding and tough defense and going to the line. Unnecessarily hard fouls doesn't have to be a part of it - all it does is it gives the team a bad rep.

I don't like Dunleavy either, but surely being stuck on the Bucks is its own punishment. And oh how about 5 career playoff games in 10 years?

Anybody able to watch that March game over again and see if it is apparent what Tyler did? Wells said it happened "on the court."

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post

And oh how about 5 career playoff games in 10 years?
    Yeah, with the PACERS last season!

Won't Murphy with the Lakers this season make the playoffs for the 1st time?

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    That isn't news.
    I didn't know it until I heard the Bucks announcers say it and I'm sure I wasn't the only one who didn't realize it.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to naptownmenace For This Useful Post:

Eating some cranbaisins The Sleeze's Avatar

I am now calling him Mike Dung-leavy.

Dungleavy probably had to guard Tyler in practice, and since Tyler only knows one speed he probably beat the crap out of him and pissed him off.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Sleeze For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    Yeah, with the PACERS last season!

Won't Murphy with the Lakers this season make the playoffs for the 1st time?
    He was with the Celts for the playoffs last year. Just didn't play.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

That isn't news.
    Really? I thought Lance was the black sheep of the group. So who was more disliked, Tyler or Lance?

Should we add Posey (malcontent according to Wells) and Dunleavy (doesn't seem to be any love lost between him and his former teammates) to the list as well?

billbradley

Bucks announcers mentioned that Dunleavy had told them that Tyler wasn't liked by most of the team (Pacers) last year.
    That isn't news.
    Luckily, "most of the team" meant Dunleavy, McBob, Rush, S. Jones, Posey and McBob.

Quote Originally Posted by billbradley View Post
    Luckily, "most of the team" meant Dunleavy, McBob, Rush, S. Jones, Posey and McBob.
    Every one of them is not on the team anymore. Lucky for Tyler I guess

Mood

You forgot McBob.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:

I can definitely see that. Notice whenever Tyler shoots a free throw he's the only one on this team that doesn't immediately go in for dap or high fives to his teammates in the lane. He usually doesn't even acknowledge them. I haven't really been paying attention to his habits recently but earlier in the season, whenever he was in the lane and a teammate was shooting a free throw, he wouldn't go give them a high-five either. Not a big deal, I guess, but it just seems like there's something to it considering EVERY other player on this team does it but him.

Plus there's the A.J. Price tongue thing. It really does seem like most players on this team don't like him.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I never saw this break anywhere but when we went to Milwaukee in March Brickyard and myself happend to stumble apon the Pacers busses outside
    so we stopped to cheer the guys on. A Bucks fan outside asked up how we felt about Mikes foul on Tyler. We told him what we though, and then he told us apparently thats the way the team felt too because there was a scuffle in the hallway between Mike and our team. He said that the security guard who came out to open the gate had told him.

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kielbeze For This Useful Post:

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    Really? I thought Lance was the black sheep of the group. So who was more disliked, Tyler or Lance?

Should we add Posey (malcontent according to Wells) and Dunleavy (doesn't seem to be any love lost between him and his former teammates) to the list as well?
    I've mentioned it before. Tyler is a loner. He hasn't ever tried to cultivate any kind of relationships with his teammates in his time in Indy.

Lance was a punk, but seems to have matured this season. Tyler just has never showed an interest in being "one of the guys."

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:

Something happened early in the first game versus the Bucks. Tyler did something in that game, so Dun got him back.
    Thats what Wells said? I wish I would have kept that on DVR. I don't remember anything like that.

Side note: I wonder how much of the Dunleavy elbows that broke Tyler's face were a cheap shot and how much was dumb luck with Mike trying to protect himself on that play and Tyler leading head first. Not trying to be a dunleavy apologist, throwing out the possibitly.

No, you got it backwards. I was listening to that game live on the Bucks feed and they said that Dun wasn't liked by anyone of his teammates and that he had no contact with any of them since the trade. They got that from Mike himself. He's an arrogant a-hole who thinks he's better than he really is, I never liked him and this latest episode makes me despise him even more. He has continued to go for head shots on Tyler and I was surprised that knee last night didn't do more damage. He is a *****, he has tried to make it all look accidental when, in fact, it's all on purpose. **** Mike, we're so much better without him.

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hibbert For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ASkin_ANight View Post
    I can definitely see that. Notice whenever Tyler shoots a free throw he's the only one on this team that doesn't immediately go in for dap or high fives to his teammates in the lane. He usually doesn't even acknowledge them. I haven't really been paying attention to his habits recently but earlier in the season, whenever he was in the lane and a teammate was shooting a free throw, he wouldn't go give them a high-five either. Not a big deal, I guess, but it just seems like there's something to it considering EVERY other player on this team does it but him.

Plus there's the A.J. Price tongue thing. It really does seem like most players on this team don't like him.
    Agreed on the first part, he's just not a team celebration, kinda guy for sure. But I took the AJ as the opposite, that they do like him. DJones will rub his head often after good plays.

I've mentioned it before. Tyler is a loner. He hasn't ever tried to cultivate any kind of relationships with his teammates in his time in Indy.

Lance was a punk, but seems to have matured this season. Tyler just has never showed an interest in being "one of the guys."
    I will just call it a reserved-type of guy, and the dislike probably was during the early stages of Tyler as a Pacer, wherein his teammates are trying to adjust with his introvert personality. But right now, Vogel likes him, his teammates back him up, so I think he's not the locker-room cancer being mentioned before.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to 15th parallel For This Useful Post:

HC

Mood

There is nothing wrong with being an introvert. These guys have been playing basketball their whole lives, so there is no question they are used to dealing with different personalities. If Tyler is or was in fact disliked by most of the team, which I personally doubt, then I don't think you would see all of these guys going to bat for/with him on the court. Tyler is clearly the kind of guy that would step up to anybody for his teammates, and I'm sure they are all aware of that.
    "Can you take away every single day that we have given to another false prophet" -- Corey Taylor

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HC For This Useful Post:

From the body language I've seen on the court it seems that the Pacer players love Tyler. They may not play have matching BFF tatoos with Tyler... but on the court they are family. Look at Speed's avatar. That pretty much sums it up.

I don't really care about Mike Dunleavy. That Cheesehead can enjoy the offseason.

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PaceBalls For This Useful Post:

I've always pictured Tyler being one of those guys that don't have an off switch at practice. They go full-tilt everyday like it's a game 7.

It can wear teammates down, and really **** them off, if they're on the other end of the intensity.