Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hansbrough v Dunleavy

Default Hansbrough v Dunleavy

Anyone know what Tyler did?

http://blogs.indystar.com/pacersinsider/

Dunleavy addressed the bad blood with Hansbrough with Bucks beat writer Charles Gardner after the game.

ďThatís between me and him,Ē Dunleavy said. ďWithout getting too much into it, he pulled something that wasnít right. Itís too bad other guys had to come into the fray on it.

ďAt least itís guys who I didnít play with seem to be the guys taking the fouls. At least from that regard itís honorable. Barbosa and West, those guys didnít play with me. At least they sent them to do the dirty work. Itís too bad because itís between me and Tyler and he knows what he did.Ē

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Hansbrough v Dunleavy

Didnt see anything wrong with that play. Dunleavy is just mad Pacers are in a spot they never were with him. Classic jealousy. If anything Tyler should have beef with Mike for the cheapshot he gave earlier in the year.
    I Bleed Blue

3. The Following User Says Thank You to CreekShow For This Useful Post:

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

The best part of the game, to me, is when Mike got 'mad' and started chucking up long range shots for the Bucks which cause long rebounds every time he dented the rim, leaving us in transition... I remember Mike chucking up shots like that for the P's in year's past..

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BringJackBack For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Huh? Tyler knows what he did? Makes perfect sense suckleavy

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Dunleavy has been better this year in a more limited role than he was any of the years he was with us. Or maybe that's just the "grass is always greener" affect doing its work on me.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The one thing that I culled from this story...

David West is our new Dale Davis... At least as it pertains to a willing, strong enforcer.

You can mess with us, but keep it among the big guys. Don't you dare come after one of our wings or guards.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think Dunleavy understood pretty quickly that Tyler was going to turn into Psycho-T and kill him if he stayed in there and went toe to toe with him. That must be why he suddenly jumped up and ran away with his arms up like a little wuss.
    Last edited by travmil; 04-20-2012 at 08:12 AM.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

My guess is Tyler called him out for not caring lol.

@Pacers24Colts12

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

It's obvious Tyler did Mike's woman or something. Nothing else is worth this much beef.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to circlecitysportsfan For This Useful Post:

Mood

Im thinking this goes back to when they were teammates. I would give almost anything to get the scoop on this.
    "Can you take away every single day that we have given to another false prophet" -- Corey Taylor

15. The Following User Says Thank You to HC For This Useful Post:

It's bizarre that Dun feels like he's the injured party. The cheap hit on Tyler a few games back, sure, but he also got Tyler pretty good a couple times last night.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

NC Duke too

When you're 6'9" and weigh a buck seventy soaking wet, I don't really think you ought to be calling people out...

Whether or not Tyler started it, if you keep tangling with him, he's going to finish it too. It was pretty obvious after last game that Tyler doesn't GAF, he wanted his crack at Mike, and went looking for it. I wouldn't keep pressing the issue.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When you're 6'9" and weigh a buck seventy soaking wet, I don't really think you ought to be calling people out...

Whether or not Tyler started it, if you keep tangling with him, he's going to finish it too. It was pretty obvious after last game that Tyler doesn't GAF, he wanted his crack at Mike, and went looking for it. I wouldn't keep pressing the issue.
    I actually think that Tyler missed his opportunity at one time when Suckleavy was running towards him and he jumped with his arms up and was called for a foul, I thought he was going to foul him hard.

Quote Originally Posted by HC View Post

Im thinking this goes back to when they were teammates.

I would give almost anything to get the scoop on this.

That's my thinking too.

I would really be interested to know the whole story.

If this was something that carried over from being teammates, it was enough to make Dunleavy go after Tyler for 1st blood.

I was really surprised to see see Barbosa give Dunleavy a body block when he fouled him. I must admit I didn't like the shot he put on Dunleavy. I felt it was not necessary.

I hope whatever is going on between the Pacers and the Bucks doesn't continue next season. I don't want to have to endure another brawl episode, and the ramifications it brings. The Pacers just can't afford it!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    I actually think that Tyler missed his opportunity at one time when Suckleavy was running towards him and he jumped with his arms up and was called for a foul, I thought he was going to foul him hard.
    Yeah same here. I thought Tyler would KILL him with that foul. But I think in hindsight, he probably doesnt want to serve any suspensions with the playoffs around the corner.

I have HONESTLY gotten a lot of joy with the Pacers new found toughness. THIS is what smashmouth basketball is supposed to be about, and the fact that we're playing with a huge chip on our shoulders bodes well for the Playoffs.

Brings back memories of Reggie yapping his mouth, and the Davis boys backing him up.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    I must admit I didn't like the shot he put on Dunleavy. I felt it was not necessary.
    I wish he'd have hit him harder.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:

I don't think Tyler is the type of person to hold a nasty grudge. Gerald Henderson absolutely popped him back in college, and it never really got into a big thing. I think the last hard knock that Tyler gave Dunleavy was probably the end of it, for him, obviously not for Mike.

Either way, when you mess with the bull you get the horns. Better hope more clowns can come in and save his exposed *** cause it might just get run over next time.

Custom User Titleist
    Another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind.
    Mood

Apparently Dunleavy can be smashmouth, too.

It is interesting that the allegedly soft Dunleavy, who has successfully come back from what could have been a career ending injury to his knee, has chosen to single out Hansbrough for head shots with the full knowledge of Hansbrough's likely concussion issues and what a truly hard hit might mean for Hansbrough's career as well.

Whatever has gone on between them has to be significant, especially since it seems to be a recurring theme at this point. I doubt we ever find out what it is even if it turns truly ugly.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    I don't think Tyler is the type of person to hold a nasty grudge. Gerald Henderson absolutely popped him back in college, and it never really got into a big thing.
    Don't be so sure about that. Remember when Tyler came up to Henderson after he bodyslammed G3 to the court in the first Charlotte meeting this year? Tyler wasn't going to start anything, but you could tell he was just waiting for Gerald to start something so TYLER could end it. Maybe it was a good thing for Gerald he was injured for the rest of the games against us!?
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Quote Originally Posted by circlecitysportsfan View Post
    It's obvious Tyler did Mike's woman or something. Nothing else is worth this much beef.
    It has to be over a woman. Guys usually make up when there is any other sort of disagreement. Mrs. Dunleavy probably fancies Tyler, and MDJ is your typical jealous and insecure husband

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by HC View Post
    Im thinking this goes back to when they were teammates. I would give almost anything to get the scoop on this.
    Actually back in that game in March when Tyler had his nose broken, the Bucks announcers mentioned that Dunleavy had told them that Tyler wasn't liked by most of the team (Pacers) last year. So whatever problem there is with between them it stems back to last year.

billbradley

Grady making it sound like Wells knows the scoop and is about to spill the beans on 1070 now. I'll post.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to billbradley For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post

I wish he'd have hit him harder.

That's absolutely asinine. The last thing the Pacers need is trouble, especially going into the playoffs. Have you even considered with what all has happened in the 3 games with the Bucks the NBA is going to be looking really hard at the how Pacers are playing and decide to not allow it in the playoffs? Barbosa should have hit him harder mentality has no place for the good of Pacers, now or in the future.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

billbradley

Something happened early in the first game versus the Bucks. Tyler did something in that game, so Dun got him back.