Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27

Thread: Curtis Painter to the Ravens

  1. #1

    Default Curtis Painter to the Ravens

    After this move I say Flacco's job is safe...


    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ravens-...3057--nfl.html

    Ravens sign former Colts QB Curtis Painter








    OWINGS MILLS, Md. (AP) The Baltimore Ravens have signed former Indianapolis Colts quarterback Curtis Painter to a one-year contract

    Baltimore announced the move but did not release financial terms of the deal.

    Painter worked out for the Ravens Thursday along with former Baltimore starter Kyle Boller and former Pittsburgh backup Dennis Dixon.

    The 25-year-old Painter will compete with Tyrod Taylor to backup Baltimore starter Joe Flacco.

    Painter, 6-foot-3 and 222 pounds, played in Indianapolis for Ravens quarterbacks coach Jim Caldwell, who was hired by Baltimore this offseason.

    Painter, a former backup for Peyton Manning, started eight games for the Colts.

    He was winless as a starter, passing for 1,541 yards, six touchdowns and nine interceptions.

    The former sixth-round draft pick from Purdue was benched late in the season and replaced by Dan Orlovsky

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Curtis Painter to the Ravens

    He will make a good backup QB for them....

  3. #3
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,815

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Curtis Painter to the Ravens

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He will make a good backup QB for them....
    Needs more green.

  4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:


  5. #4
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,896

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Curtis Painter to the Ravens

    So he's backing up the best QB in the league again?

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:


  7. #5
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,835

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Curtis Painter to the Ravens

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So he's backing up the best QB in the league again?

  8. #6
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,397
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Curtis Painter to the Ravens

    The Baltimorons are not allowed to ***** about Indy stealing the Colts from them anymore. I'd say Curtis Painter MORE than makes that even.

    As an aside, did Baltimore and Indianapolis sign some sort of agreement for off season transactions? Seems like lots of our cast offs went there, and lots of their cast offs came here.
    Last edited by travmil; 04-19-2012 at 07:14 PM.

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:


  10. #7

    Default Re: Curtis Painter to the Ravens

    Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Baltimorons are not allowed to ***** about Indy stealing the Colts from them anymore. I'd say Curtis Painter MORE than makes that even.
    Finally Baltimore got their payback after 30 plus years. I imagine the whole city won't stop celebrating for weeks.

  11. #8
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,818

    Default Re: Curtis Painter to the Ravens

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He will make a good backup QB for them....
    As long as he doesn't play.

  12. #9
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,835

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Curtis Painter to the Ravens

    Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Finally Baltimore got their payback after 30 plus years. I imagine the whole city won't stop celebrating for weeks.
    Don't tell Derrick Rose!

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:


  14. #10

    Default Re: Curtis Painter to the Ravens

    Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Baltimorons are not allowed to ***** about Indy stealing the Colts from them anymore. I'd say Curtis Painter MORE than makes that even.

    As an aside, did Baltimore and Indianapolis sign some sort of agreement for off season transactions? Seems like lots of our cast offs went there, and lots of their cast offs came here.
    I too have noticed the dysfunctional relationship our cities have with one another in the football area.

    Putting that aside at least they didn't get Manning... now that would be really hard to take.

  15. #11
    woman without a team
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,055

    Default Re: Curtis Painter to the Ravens

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So he's backing up the best QB in the league again?
    Flacco certainly thinks so.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to grace For This Useful Post:


  17. #12
    pacer fan since 88-89 Mr_Smith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis/Noblesville
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,666

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Curtis Painter to the Ravens

    Jim Caldwell is re-uniting with Curtis Painter....wow
    Help us Paul George......you're our only hope

  18. #13
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,551

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Curtis Painter to the Ravens

    Someone want to hire Mayflower to move him to Baltimore?
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  19. #14

    Default Re: Curtis Painter to the Ravens

    Kyle Boller and Dennis Dixon, who worked out at the same time, must suck beyond belief.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  20. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Curtis Painter to the Ravens

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kyle Boller and Dennis Dixon, who worked out at the same time, must suck beyond belief.
    Or Painter is much better than you give him credit for being. His former coach is now the QB coach. Do you think that is an accident. I saw some good things from Painter. He will never be a star but he will have a long career as a backup.......

  21. #16
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,286
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Curtis Painter to the Ravens

    Painter sucks worse than anyone in recent memory. Why would they waste money on him?
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    "Ego is edging greatness out" -Rick Pitino
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  22. #17

    Default Re: Curtis Painter to the Ravens

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Or Painter is much better than you give him credit for being.
    Old Blu, you need an eye exam. There's no shame in that- us old timers need it every year. But it is definitely time, if you were impressed with the abilities of Curtis Painter. Painter is a homeless man's Babe Laufenberg, if you want an obscure Indiana-related reference. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babe_Laufenberg

    Or...he's about as much worse than even Jim Sorgi than Jim Sorgi is worse than Joe Montana. And I am not saying Sorgi was anything great, either.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  23. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Curtis Painter to the Ravens

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Painter sucks worse than anyone in recent memory. Why would they waste money on him?
    Because they thought he was better than the other two QBs they worked out and no doubt Caldwell spoke up for him. I'll repeat, Painter is better than people give him credit for being......

  24. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Curtis Painter to the Ravens

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Old Blu, you need an eye exam. There's no shame in that- us old timers need it every year. But it is definitely time, if you were impressed with the abilities of Curtis Painter. Painter is a homeless man's Babe Laufenberg, if you want an obscure Indiana-related reference. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babe_Laufenberg

    Or...he's about as much worse than even Jim Sorgi than Jim Sorgi is worse than Joe Montana. And I am not saying Sorgi was anything great, either.
    My eyes are fine. Painter wasn't the only problem last year. Only one QB in the game could have won with that team and he is in Denver now.....

  25. #20
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,896

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Curtis Painter to the Ravens

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My eyes are fine. Painter wasn't the only problem last year. Only one QB in the game could have won with that team and he is in Denver now.....
    i think more than one qb in the league could have won games for the Colts last year

  26. #21
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,815

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Curtis Painter to the Ravens

    Yep, Painter was good that he lost his job to a guy who was previously 0-10.

    And that guy went on to have a better season than Painter, as well.

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:


  28. #22

    Default Re: Curtis Painter to the Ravens

    Painter sucks. Suckers.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  29. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Curtis Painter to the Ravens

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i think more than one qb in the league could have won games for the Colts last year
    We will never know that. I know that QB would have won games. You are probaby right, Rogers, Brees or Brady would have won some too....

  30. #24

    Default Re: Curtis Painter to the Ravens

    Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Painter sucks. Suckers.
    He probably was really cheap and a glorified tackling dummy for the Ravens D

  31. #25

    Default Re: Curtis Painter to the Ravens

    Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He probably was really cheap and a glorified tackling dummy for the Ravens D
    Bill Polian just tried to find the worst backup QBs possible because he bet Peyton would never miss a down. Well he bet his and his sons job on that premise.

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to speakout4 For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Curtis Painter to start against the Bucs
    By Basketball Fan in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 10-04-2011, 10:37 AM
  2. Ricky Williams to the Ravens
    By Basketball Fan in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-08-2011, 08:49 PM
  3. Ravens sign Shayne Graham
    By Basketball Fan in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-03-2010, 11:09 AM
  4. The Ravens' (very) secret weapon
    By vapacersfan in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-14-2010, 05:27 PM
  5. Curtis Painter taken in 6th round
    By Country Boy in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 05-03-2009, 07:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •