Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 104

Thread: Colts inform Luck he'll be No. 1 pick

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts inform Luck he'll be No. 1 pick

    Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We'll just have to see won't we? We won 2 games with one of the most inept QBs. if orlovssky player more we could have won 4 games. The guys who were cut for the most part did not contribute. We lost Garcon who did contribute and Addai whose contributions were mediocre. i can't imagine Luck as worse than Painter. The defense is no worse off with the loss of Brackett and Bullitt. The offense lost Saturday who is getting old but we get back another offensive tackle from the injured list and can insert Pollack into the center spot where he belongs. Dwight was on leave last year for some reason. All the offensive line has ever done is protect the QB so it isn't asking too much for them to continue to do that. This year is just improve on last year and next year we see real improvement having 2 years of very high draft picks. i expect between the draft in the next two years and a friendly cap next year we will have some very good personnel.
    Improve? No way...... They are much worse.....

  2. #52
    Member Coupe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    indynap
    Posts
    1,106
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts inform Luck he'll be No. 1 pick

    If you mean top talent at dropping easy passes, sure.

  3. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts inform Luck he'll be No. 1 pick

    Quote Originally Posted by Coupe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you mean top talent at dropping easy passes, sure.
    Probably why he got that big contract and refused the Colts offer. Break away speed and he makes great catches to even out the drops. He was easily our best receiver last year and I look for him to post a 1000 yard season this year with RG3 hitting him long......

  4. #54
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,335

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts inform Luck he'll be No. 1 pick

    Garcon = #2 receiver that got paid like a #1 receiver. We did the right thing letting that guy walk, it was a horrible offer by the 'Skins and we'd be silly to match it.

    I agreed with *all* of their moves --- except Freeney. He's a 19mill cap hit and a DE of his type is not typical in a 3-4... and they are gonna convert him to a linebacker. It's hard to imagine this is going to work. BUT... I had read that the Colts couldn't move him, so they're gonna wait a year and then rework or move him, and when you view it like that, it's a smart thing to do. They are paying him a ton, he's a lockerroom presence and mentor, and so might as well just use him.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 04-21-2012 at 09:08 PM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:


  6. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts inform Luck he'll be No. 1 pick

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Garcon = #2 receiver that got paid like a #1 receiver. We did the right thing letting that guy walk, it was a horrible offer by the 'Skins and we'd be silly to match it.

    I agreed with *all* of their moves --- except Freeney. He's a 19mill cap hit and a DE of his type is not typical in a 3-4... and they are gonna convert him to a linebacker. It's hard to imagine this is going to work. BUT... I had read that the Colts couldn't move him, so they're gonna wait a year and then rework or move him, and when you view it like that, it's a smart thing to do. They are paying him a ton, he's a lockerroom presence and mentor, and so might as well just use him.
    Well, he was certainly the Colts number one receiver last year and he will be Washington's this year. He had other offers close to what he got......

  7. #56
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,335

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts inform Luck he'll be No. 1 pick

    He was not certainly their #1 receiver. At best he was tied with Reggie Wayne.

    I'm just curious, are you a Colts fan? You're awfully pessimistic about them if you are.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  8. #57
    Member Swingman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    726

    Default Re: Colts inform Luck he'll be No. 1 pick

    So losing a bunch of players that barely contributed last year is going to make us worse?

    There's a very slim chance we'll be worse next year but lets just assume that you're right about next year and we finish 0-16. At that point next year, we'll have some good draft picks again, including another #1 pick. Plus from what I've read, Colts will have quite a bit of cap space to be a player in free agency..much more so than they've been this offseason.

    Thus, anyone who thinks we'll be that bad for 3-4 years is clearly off their rocker and needs to get some meds pronto.
    Last edited by Swingman; 04-21-2012 at 10:36 PM.

  9. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts inform Luck he'll be No. 1 pick

    Quote Originally Posted by Swingman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So losing a bunch of players that barely contributed last year is going to make us worse?

    There's a very slim chance we'll be worse next year but lets just assume that you're right about next year and we finish 0-16. At that point next year, we'll have some good draft picks again, including another #1 pick. Plus from what I've read, Colts will have quite a bit of cap space to be a player in free agency..much more so than they've been this offseason.

    Thus, anyone who thinks we'll be that bad for 3-4 years is clearly off their rocker and needs to get some meds pronto.
    It all depends on Luck. If he is the real deal then winning seasons after four or five years is possible. If he gets hurt or is a bust, they could be losers for decade.... What makes you think the Colts will be free agent players?

    All of the while, the hated Patriots will just keep winning and winning like they always do. The reason is they have better management and they don't have to clear out and become the worst team in NFL every so many years. They trim dead weight as they go and they just keep on winning.... The Colts do not have the front office strength to pull that off......... I hate New England but damn they are well run.......

  10. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts inform Luck he'll be No. 1 pick

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He was not certainly their #1 receiver. At best he was tied with Reggie Wayne.

    I'm just curious, are you a Colts fan? You're awfully pessimistic about them if you are.
    I am a Colts fan and I have been since before they moved to Indy. Wayne wasn't even close to Garcon` last year. I don't know if that is because QBs couldn't see to their left or what. I am pessimistic about the Colts for the next five years or so and longer than that if Luck doesn't stay healthy or turn out to be a star. I would put that at 50/50 or less. I do not appreciate bad management decisions. Why doesn't New England ever have to tear it all down and start over.... They are like that damn rabbit, they just keep winning and winning........ and I hate them........

  11. #60
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,335

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts inform Luck he'll be No. 1 pick

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    IWayne wasn't even close to Garcon` last year. I don't know if that is because QBs couldn't see to their left or what. I am pessimistic about the Colts for the next five years or so and longer than that if Luck doesn't stay healthy or turn out to be a star. I would put that at 50/50 or less. I do not appreciate bad management decisions. Why doesn't New England ever have to tear it all down and start over.... They are like that damn rabbit, they just keep winning and winning........ and I hate them........
    Wayne had more catches, and more yards than Garcon. What do you mean he "wasn't even close"? Wayne was the #1, Garcon the #2. Garcon had less stats than Wayne. You gotta do your homework and not go on some gut feel, which obviously led you astray.

    I also disagree that they've made "bad management decisions"... this year. Last 2-3 years? Yes. But not this year with the new front office. They are doing what they need to do.

    I suggest you change your outlook, lol... it does no good to be negative. You should know that.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  12. #61
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts inform Luck he'll be No. 1 pick

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wayne had more catches, and more yards than Garcon. What do you mean he "wasn't even close"? Wayne was the #1, Garcon the #2. Garcon had less stats than Wayne. You gotta do your homework and not go on some gut feel, which obviously led you astray.

    I also disagree that they've made "bad management decisions"... this year. Last 2-3 years? Yes. But not this year with the new front office. They are doing what they need to do.

    I suggest you change your outlook, lol... it does no good to be negative. You should know that.
    Garcon` and Wayne were virtually even. Only five catches and thirteen yards separated them. I would take Garcon` because I don't think Wayne can get separation and make long pass plays like he used to. Look at the contracts they signed and Wayne had virtually no offers but the Colts..... He can get you ten yards but not thirty or more any longer........ Even with a severe lack of talented receivers, I do not see him getting 100 catches and 1000 yards again...

    We know Polian had a record of being a great GM and we know nothing about the new guys. We also know that "Jimmy" is getting more active in decision making and the Colts never thrived until he got out of the way. I expect more serious blunders ahead and taking Luck with the number one is probably the first of many more to come...

  13. #62
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    19,878

    Default Re: Colts inform Luck he'll be No. 1 pick

    well... keep in mind Indy has new management and Irsay gets out of the way and lets the football people operate the team. So just because he let Polian wear out his welcome and leave the team in a mess he's actually doing the right thing now and getting new management and a real coach. And they claim to be on a plan that most in the NFL would agree with- better balance.

    With the new faces, changes, and lack of continuity it will be an extra hurdle for next season. It wouldn't surprise me to see next season more about developing the system and evaluating players/positions than eeking out wins. And at worse that means another high draft pick. Luck doesn't have to be a superstar as long as the brass builds a proper team around him. If he is a special QB, so much the better.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:


  15. #63
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts inform Luck he'll be No. 1 pick

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    well... keep in mind Indy has new management and Irsay gets out of the way and lets the football people operate the team. So just because he let Polian wear out his welcome and leave the team in a mess he's actually doing the right thing now and getting new management and a real coach. And they claim to be on a plan that most in the NFL would agree with- better balance.

    With the new faces, changes, and lack of continuity it will be an extra hurdle for next season. It wouldn't surprise me to see next season more about developing the system and evaluating players/positions than eeking out wins. And at worse that means another high draft pick. Luck doesn't have to be a superstar as long as the brass builds a proper team around him. If he is a special QB, so much the better.
    Good post but I don't think Jimmie is going to get out of the way this time......

  16. #64
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,335

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts inform Luck he'll be No. 1 pick

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Garcon` and Wayne were virtually even.
    Waitaminute, you just said they "weren't even close"! And 5 minutes later, they're "even".

    I like you... you are one funny dude.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  17. #65
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,335

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts inform Luck he'll be No. 1 pick

    It sounds like you've bailed on your team though. You seem to be more of a fan of Manning and Garcon than the Colts.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  18. #66

    Default Re: Colts inform Luck he'll be No. 1 pick

    Which did you mean?

    "Wayne wasn't even close to Garcon
    or
    Wayne and Garcon were virtually even"?

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to speakout4 For This Useful Post:


  20. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts inform Luck he'll be No. 1 pick

    Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Which did you mean?

    "Wayne wasn't even close to Garcon
    or
    Wayne and Garcon were virtually even"?
    The stats give Wayne a slight edge most run up at the end of the season when nothing mattered. Wayne was not even close to Garcon` for most of the season when it mattered. Wayne can't separate any more, Garcon' can hence the nice new contract. The Colts only resigned Wayne when it became clear that Garcon` wasn't coming back.........

  21. #68
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,192
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts inform Luck he'll be No. 1 pick

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The stats give Wayne a slight edge most run up at the end of the season when nothing mattered. Wayne was not even close to Garcon` for most of the season when it mattered.
    Bull****!

    I suspected before but now I positively KNOW one of two things. Either you didn't watch the Colts at all last season, or you're just a troll trying to say things you know will stir up a **** storm. I do think you actually watched so my money is on the troll/**** storm theory.

    I dare you to give one shred of evidence that suggests Pierre was just killing Wayne for most of the season as you say. You won't be able to because it didn't happen. At no point in the season was Pierre ridiculously far ahead of Wayne in any receiving stat. Acting like Wayne came storming back during meaningless games to overtake Pierre's world beating production is just ridiculous.

  22. #69
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,192
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts inform Luck he'll be No. 1 pick

    Here, I saved everyone the trouble.

    After the first five games:

    Reggie: 22 catches, 332 yards, 1 TD
    Pierre: 19 catches, 420 yards, 4 TD

    (Edge to Pierre as he has more yards and TD's at this point, but almost ALL of these numbers came from game 4 & 5)

    After the first 10 games:

    Reggie: 42 catches, 530 yards, 1 TD
    Pierre: 43 catches, 621 yards, 4 TD

    (Even as it gets during this stretch, notice their almost identical production during this time when the games "mattered")

    After all 16 games:

    Reggie: 75 catches, 960 yards, 4 TD
    Pierre: 70 catches, 947 yards, 6 TD

    (Edge to Reggie as he had a bit more of everything, but again, almost identical production)
    Last edited by travmil; 04-22-2012 at 03:28 PM.

  23. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts inform Luck he'll be No. 1 pick

    Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bull****!

    I suspected before but now I positively KNOW one of two things. Either you didn't watch the Colts at all last season, or you're just a troll trying to say things you know will stir up a **** storm. I do think you actually watched so my money is on the troll/**** storm theory.

    I dare you to give one shred of evidence that suggests Pierre was just killing Wayne for most of the season as you say. You won't be able to because it didn't happen. At no point in the season was Pierre ridiculously far ahead of Wayne in any receiving stat. Acting like Wayne came storming back during meaningless games to overtake Pierre's world beating production is just ridiculous.
    I never said he was "killing" Wayne, those are your words. I said Garcon` had a better season when Wayne was supposed to be number one. The contract after the season validates it all. I get damned tired of being called a "troll" everytime someone disagrees with me. I never call people names or at least I try hard not to do that. The real "trolls" are the people who call people names when they cannot when an argument... So, my friend, I think you are the troll here.......

    It is a fact that Garcon` was much better than Wayne early. Did either player play injured?

  24. #71
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts inform Luck he'll be No. 1 pick

    There's really no point in trying to prove someone wrong who doesn't care if they're right.

  25. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts inform Luck he'll be No. 1 pick

    Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There's really no point in trying to prove someone wrong who doesn't care if they're right.
    How long and how much is Garcon` contract?

    How long and how much is Wayne's contract?

    I rest my case, the market tells you who is the better player at this stage of their career.......

  26. #73
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,192
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts inform Luck he'll be No. 1 pick

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The contract after the season validates it all.
    Yeah, because we all KNOW the Skins would NEVER in million years over pay for a mediocre free agent. That's just not their style!

    And just for the record, you did say that Wayne wasn't even close to Garcon for most of the season. I put up stats that proved that was nowhere near the reality. Wayne's season was better, and he hung with Garcon throughout. At no point was he far behind Garcon and then played catch up in meaningless games as you tried to allude.
    Last edited by travmil; 04-22-2012 at 04:06 PM.

  27. #74
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,192
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts inform Luck he'll be No. 1 pick

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How old is Garcon?

    How old is Wayne?

    I rest my case, the market tells you who is the younger player at this stage of their career.......
    fixed...

  28. #75
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,192
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts inform Luck he'll be No. 1 pick

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I get damned tired of being called a "troll" everytime someone disagrees with me.
    I'm not calling you a troll because I disagree with you. I'm calling you a troll because of continuous inflammatory statements you've made with absolutely no basis in reality. Next time you give someone the "facts", how about also giving some stats to back it up? You made a ridiculous statement about Pierre outproducing Reggie for most of last season. I simply provided the stats that completely disproved that statement.

Similar Threads

  1. Chad Fords Mock Draft 4.0
    By Speed in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 129
    Last Post: 06-15-2011, 01:49 PM
  2. Chad Ford's Mock 5.0 6/16/10
    By Chuck Chillout in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-17-2010, 12:14 AM
  3. Chad Ford Mock Draft 3.0
    By Whtwudusay in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 05-27-2010, 12:37 PM
  4. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-22-2009, 12:33 AM
  5. OT - Insider NFL Mock Draft
    By kerosene in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-30-2004, 11:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •