Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Colts inform Luck he'll be No. 1 pick

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Colts inform Luck he'll be No. 1 pick

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mel Kipper for one thinks the Colts will be the worst team in the NFL this year and quailfy for the number one pick in back to back years. He also thinks they will have a shot at doing that next year. There are many more. Where do you find even one who thinks the Colts are going to win any games this year? Some experts think they will go 0-16.... That is a very easy hom schedule? You have a chance against Jacksonville and Miami maybe...........
    What makes Minnesota (3-13), Cleveland (4-12), and Buffalo (6-10) better than the Colts this season?

We also split with the Texans last season.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotiq View Post
    Please ban him im deadset tired of reading tripe OlBlue posts.
    We used to ban people asking to ban other people.

The admins will deal with bannable offenses, opinions are rarely that.
    It is the exact reason why you have an ignore function on this board on top of which no one demands you react or take the content serious.

It's all up to you.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to able For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Mel Kipper for one thinks the Colts will be the worst team in the NFL this year and quailfy for the number one pick in back to back years. He also thinks they will have a shot at doing that next year.
    Mel Kiper is not an NFL Analyst, he's a Draft Expert. Meaning he spends most of his time watching/scouting COLLEGE Football.

His opinion on how good an NFL team might be is as irrelevant as Adam Schefter's opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    We used to ban people asking to ban other people.

The admins will deal with bannable offenses, opinions are rarely that.
    It is the exact reason why you have an ignore function on this board on top of which no one demands you react or take the content serious.

It's all up to you.
    I have the fella on ignore, but I still end up reading 80% of his posts because people quote him in their responses. So while in theory the ignore function is nice, it doesn't really accomplish it's goals.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

To paraphrase Bill Tobin: Who the hell is Mel Kipper?
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MagicRat For This Useful Post:

I like Luck, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't prefer RG3. I know I'm probably alone on that island though.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    I like Luck, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't prefer RG3. I know I'm probably alone on that island though.
    Its OK your young and naive.. We forgive you.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gamble1 For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

You are not alone but it might not help your ego to know that you are in my company........

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    What makes Minnesota (3-13), Cleveland (4-12), and Buffalo (6-10) better than the Colts this season?

We also split with the Texans last season.
    Those teams worked to get better. The Colts jetisoned most of their best players and are trying to replace them with draft picks and other teams junk. Wanna make a bet we don't split with the
    Texans this year? Want to add that we won't split with the
    Titans either? How about that we lose two to Jacksonville and go 0-6 in the South. We will be that bad...........

These "best players" that were jettisoned weren't exactly world beaters last year.

I'd take this upcoming team over last year's team any day of the week. Luck is a major upgrade over Painter/Orlovsky and I'm sure Colts fans can understand the importance of a good QB.

btw: where is the option to ignore posters? i'm not seeing it.
    Last edited by Swingman; 04-20-2012 at 06:26 PM.

click user CP
    then under settings and options
    click edit ignore list
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

There is no expectation that we will be even decent this year but there is an expectation that in three years we will be much more competitive. Some of the guys cut just haven't been productive for several years-Brackett, Clark, and Bullitt. The one i don't really understand is Addai who could be used as a short yardage receiver in our depleted core. Leaving the RB job to Brown makes me nervous. I'm convinced that if Garcon had resigned Reggie would also be gone. We have no experienced impact player on offense and we will now place our 2 defensive ends in a scheme they have never played before. This is another example of a new coach bringing in a new scheme that doesn't fit existing personnel.

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Those teams worked to get better. The Colts jetisoned most of their best players and are trying to replace them with draft picks and other teams junk. Wanna make a bet we don't split with the
    Texans this year? Want to add that we won't split with the
    Titans either? How about that we lose two to Jacksonville and go 0-6 in the South. We will be that bad...........
    Come on, you can't be serious. You do realize there's this thing called a salary cap, right? And that the Colts had ****ed theirs up bad towards the end of Polian's term, correct?

So you do realize there was a *reason* why they cut those players lose, correct? Because they were older.... injury-prone... and expensive. And they were in cap hell.

They had to "trim" the bad contracts. It's called business. I understand from a sentimentality aspect that it's not fun seeing your old pros take leave... but it has to happen. You cannot have every player you ever take on retiring in that uniform.

The Colts are doing exactly what they have to do to fix this situation.

But... they also have new coaches in place, new players via free agency, a new defensive system, and yes, some big-time draft picks. Namely, Andrew Luck.

And there should be expected some rough patches as this team comes together and it may take most of the season. We likely won't hit 10 wins... we likely won't make the playoffs... but just watching the transactions we've made, I would be comfortable believing that we'll have a better season this year than last year.

Either way, the success RG3 has with his team has nothing to do with the Colts. The 'Skins are further ahead in their process (because they've been in a state of rebuilding for about 20 years)... so of course they have more team around RG3. That doesn't make RG3 a better quarterback than Andrew Luck! It makes him a quarterback of a team that is better.

So don't be fooled when RG3 comes out and has a better rookie year than Luck (if it even happens, I wouldn't bet against Luck). Considering the teams around them, RG3 *should* have a better season. If he doesn't, then you got some explainin' to do, lol...
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 04-20-2012 at 09:49 PM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Why do you people even respond to him?
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I dont understand why ppl keep saying RG3 is gonna be out of the pocket all the time. Apparently NO ONE watches football. Luck was out of the pocket last year more than RG3 was on pass plays
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

I love RG3 and think he will be terrific. But I'm not sure how you can not pick Luck with the #1 pick. He just seems so damn ready. He really does seem to be the next Peyton Manning.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    Come on, you can't be serious. You do realize there's this thing called a salary cap, right? And that the Colts had ****ed theirs up bad towards the end of Polian's term, correct?

So you do realize there was a *reason* why they cut those players lose, correct? Because they were older.... injury-prone... and expensive. And they were in cap hell.

They had to "trim" the bad contracts. It's called business. I understand from a sentimentality aspect that it's not fun seeing your old pros take leave... but it has to happen. You cannot have every player you ever take on retiring in that uniform.

The Colts are doing exactly what they have to do to fix this situation.

But... they also have new coaches in place, new players via free agency, a new defensive system, and yes, some big-time draft picks. Namely, Andrew Luck.

And there should be expected some rough patches as this team comes together and it may take most of the season. We likely won't hit 10 wins... we likely won't make the playoffs... but just watching the transactions we've made, I would be comfortable believing that we'll have a better season this year than last year.

Either way, the success RG3 has with his team has nothing to do with the Colts. The 'Skins are further ahead in their process (because they've been in a state of rebuilding for about 20 years)... so of course they have more team around RG3. That doesn't make RG3 a better quarterback than Andrew Luck! It makes him a quarterback of a team that is better.

So don't be fooled when RG3 comes out and has a better rookie year than Luck (if it even happens, I wouldn't bet against Luck). Considering the teams around them, RG3 *should* have a better season. If he doesn't, then you got some explainin' to do, lol...

I agree with you and I think all of that is what I was saying. That does not mean that the Colts are better than they were last year, they are not and won't be for a long time......

won't be as good as last years team for a long time? You do realize last years team stunk and went 2-14 right?

I can't imagine you actually believe what you're saying. It would take a monumental collapse to not surpass 2-14 this year, let alone for a "long time".

Quote Originally Posted by Swingman View Post
    won't be as good as last years team for a long time? You do realize last years team stunk and went 2-14 right?

I can't imagine you actually believe what you're saying. It would take a monumental collapse to not surpass 2-14 this year, let alone for a "long time".
    I certainly expect that Luck can win 2-3 games if he is as advertised a difference maker. In the offseason between years 1 and 2 the coaches knew that Peyton was going to make it all turn around. Is Luck another Peyton? I'm optimistically looking for 6 wins this year.
    Last edited by speakout4; 04-21-2012 at 11:15 AM.

Mood

The team hasn't played yet, i won't judge them as a team, but it's shaping up to be a good force, and that excites me.

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    I certainly expect that Luck can win 2-3 games if he is as advertised a difference maker. In the offseason between years 1 and 2 the coaches knew that Peyton was going to make it all turn around. Is Luck another Peyton? I'm optimistically looking for 6 wins this year.
    I would bet a lot of money against that but you are being optimistic and there is nothing wrong with that. I think they will struggle to win one game and two would be a miracle. I don't view that as pessimistic but realistic. Rookie QBs with no offensive line and new tight ends and WR won't tear the league up no matter how good they are. RG3 on the other hand will be joining a much better team. I don't expect them to be much more than a game or two over .500 but the Colts won't see that for many years as they continue rebuilding.......

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Swingman View Post

They had a collapse. They don't have Garcon`, Clark, Tamme, Kelvin Hayden, Bullit, Saturday, Addai or Brackett and you think they are going to be better? They will have to get fortunate to win two games..... That is a lot of talent to lose and replace with rookies and castoffs...... I didn't even mention Blair White or Deim...... You only think they stunk last year. The odor for the next three or four years will drive lots of fans away.... But Irsay is lining is pockets with money saved and still a sellout this year. It won't stay that way...... And to assure you, yes, I really believe this or I wouldn't be saying it. I read what other people say about this team. Want to bet who starts the season ranked 32nd and stays there?

I would bet a lot of money against that but you are being optimistic and there is nothing wrong with that. I think they will struggle to win one game and two would be a miracle. I don't view that as pessimistic but realistic. Rookie QBs with no offensive line and new tight ends and WR won't tear the league up no matter how good they are. RG3 on the other hand will be joining a much better team. I don't expect them to be much more than a game or two over .500 but the Colts won't see that for many years as they continue rebuilding.......
    We'll just have to see won't we? We won 2 games with one of the most inept QBs. if orlovssky player more we could have won 4 games. The guys who were cut for the most part did not contribute. We lost Garcon who did contribute and Addai whose contributions were mediocre. i can't imagine Luck as worse than Painter. The defense is no worse off with the loss of Brackett and Bullitt. The offense lost Saturday who is getting old but we get back another offensive tackle from the injured list and can insert Pollack into the center spot where he belongs. Dwight was on leave last year for some reason. All the offensive line has ever done is protect the QB so it isn't asking too much for them to continue to do that. This year is just improve on last year and next year we see real improvement having 2 years of very high draft picks. i expect between the draft in the next two years and a friendly cap next year we will have some very good personnel.

They had a collapse. They don't have Garcon`, Clark, Tamme, Kelvin Hayden, Bullit, Saturday, Addai or Brackett and you think they are going to be better? They will have to get fortunate to win two games..... That is a lot of talent to lose and replace with rookies and castoffs...... I didn't even mention Blair White or Deim...... You only think they stunk last year. The odor for the next three or four years will drive lots of fans away.... But Irsay is lining is pockets with money saved and still a sellout this year. It won't stay that way...... And to assure you, yes, I really believe this or I wouldn't be saying it. I read what other people say about this team. Want to bet who starts the season ranked 32nd and stays there?
    Clark- injured the past two years and had an insane number of drops last season. In addition he is a terrible blocker. How will he be missed?

Bullitt- chronic shoulder injury resulting in him missing most of the last two seasons.

Brackett- played in ONE GAME last year.

Kelvin Hayden- he was released after the 2010 season. He couldn't stay healthy for THREE seasons after the Colts gave him a nice new contract.

Saturday- 36 years old and on the downside of his career. His play has not been great the past couple of seasons.

Tamme- what has he done outside of a 10 game span in 2010 with Manning throwing to him?

Garcon- yes he is a loss but he was also a sixth round draft pick. He can be replaced.

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    Clark- injured the past two years and had an insane number of drops last season. In addition he is a terrible blocker. How will he be missed?

Bullitt- chronic shoulder injury resulting in him missing most of the last two seasons.

Brackett- played in ONE GAME last year.

Kelvin Hayden- he was released after the 2010 season. He couldn't stay healthy for THREE seasons after the Colts gave him a nice new contract.

Saturday- 36 years old and on the downside of his career. His play has not been great the past couple of seasons.

Tamme- what has he done outside of a 10 game span in 2010 with Manning throwing to him?

Garcon- yes he is a loss but he was also a sixth round draft pick. He can be replaced.
    Did you notice that Garcon` signed a contract that indicates he is a top ten talent in the NFL. Tamme may be an all star in Denver.... Those injuries are part of the reason the Colts were so bad last year. They won't be any better this year and probably not nearly as good with a rookie at the helm.... Two or less wins, you heard it hear. I would not be surprised to see them go 0-16 hard as that is to do......