Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Colts inform Luck he'll be No. 1 pick

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Colts inform Luck he'll be No. 1 pick

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2012/sto...ck-source-says

The Indianapolis Colts have told Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck that they will take him with the No. 1 overall pick in the NFL draft, according to a league source.

It's unclear precisely when the Colts informed Luck, but a league source said the team has known for weeks that Luck would be its pick.

Shocking!
    Last edited by TOP; 04-19-2012 at 10:51 AM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TOP For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Colts inform Luck he'll be No. 1 pick

Yay. MVP candidate in a few years.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

thats all i've got!

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Coupe For This Useful Post:

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Finally.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

How long until jerseys are available for purchase?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Mood

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Coupe For This Useful Post:

Mood

I'm going to buy my Luck jersey tomorrow!
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

Even Stevie Wonder saw this coming...

Welcome to Indy Andrew(unless you decide to demand a trade on draft day)

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Even Stevie Wonder saw this coming...

Welcome to Indy Andrew(unless you decide to demand a trade on draft day)
    Would be weird for him to demand a trade from the place that has made it its prerogative to appease its quarterback for the better part of 15 years.

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    Do you want to know who is the most happy about this? RG3. He will have a great rookie year for the Redskins while Luck struggles with the talentless Colts. Anyone want to bet who makes the pro bowl team first, RG3 or Luck? I'll take RG3. I think Luck will not last the season and will wind up on the DL because of a lack of protection. That won't be Peyton Manning back there unloading in a microsecond...... I think Colts fans will be astounded by how bad they really will be. Last year will look good......

Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    Would be weird for him to demand a trade from the place that has made it its prerogative to appease its quarterback for the better part of 15 years.
    Well this version of the Colts but before it wasn't always like that hence trade demand. Of course that was Irsay's dad Jim is different. However never say never.

Andrew Luck won't be a Colt until he signs on that dotted line.

I don't think we hold then to >100. So that one streak will be ended

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    Do you want to know who is the most happy about this? RG3. He will have a great rookie year for the Redskins while Luck struggles with the talentless Colts. Anyone want to bet who makes the pro bowl team first, RG3 or Luck? I'll take RG3. I think Luck will not last the season and will wind up on the DL because of a lack of protection. That won't be Peyton Manning back there unloading in a microsecond...... I think Colts fans will be astounded by how bad they really will be. Last year will look good......
    Man, get outta here with that *****.

First, you're comparing two teams, not two QBs. Just because the 'Skins are a lil further into their process doesn't make Luck the worse quarterback. RG3 would only make the pro bowl before Luck because his team didn't just start rebuilding.

Second, I'm not buying that the Colts are going to be *that* bad. They likely won't hit .500, but I would bet they do considerably better than 2-14. Even if they are --- so what??? We just enjoyed a decade of awesome football, and I understand that we gotta go through a low period again before we get good again. I went through a 3-13 season with Peyton Manning during his rookie season, should I have been pissed that we didn't draft Ryan Leaf??? If I was okay watching Peyton learn the game for a year, I'm willing to watch Luck struggle for a year. I don't believe for a second that Luck is worse than RG3.

I think YOU will be astounded by how good Luck is.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 04-19-2012 at 09:16 PM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doddage For This Useful Post:

Please ban him im deadset tired of reading tripe OlBlue posts.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hypnotiq For This Useful Post:

Did you watch the games last year? Several of them were close despite our putrid QB play. With an mediocre QB we would have won 6 or so games last year. We just happened to have the worst QB play in the NFL.

New QB, new coaching staff, and new philosophy = better record than 2-14.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Did you watch the games last year? Several of them were close despite our putrid QB play. With an mediocre QB we would have won 6 or so games last year. We just happened to have the worst QB play in the NFL.

No No No.... The next several Super Bowls will feature the Broncos and the Redskins. The Colts will be lucky to win any games at all. They'll be playing in an empty stadium with Luck in a body cast while the Broncos and Redskins dominate all of professional football for years and years. They will be so dominant that they will even play some basketball thru the week against NBA teams... and beat them too. I don't know how you guys don't see this coming.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

It is hilarious to think Luck will get hurt before RG3. RG3 is smaller and will run more. No way he makes it thru the season in one piece.
    Luck is going no#1 for a reason. He is better than RG3 period. The media has hyped RG3 into a great prospect. Nobody heard of him until ESPN decided to show him shred all those terrible defenses he played against while running his elementary school style offense.
    Luck played against better talent on a bigger stage for a longer period of time. He also had nobody but a TE to throw too while RG3 had multiple weapons. This is the easiest pick in draft history!

28. The Following User Says Thank You to troyc11a For This Useful Post:

People stop quoting OlBlu. I don't want to read his troll garbage. He's the Skip Bayless of this board: He only says the things he does to get a reaction out of people.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

[QUOTE=cdash;1423737]People stop quoting OlBlu. I don't want to read his troll garbage. He's the Skip Bayless of this board: He only says the things he does to get a reaction out of people.[/QUOTe

His name didnt ring a bell. I should have known when I seen all the responses to his idiotic post that he was a troll. Real Colts fans are smarter than that!

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to troyc11a For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by troyc11a View Post
    It is hilarious to think Luck will get hurt before RG3. RG3 is smaller and will run more. No way he makes it thru the season in one piece.
    Luck is going no#1 for a reason. He is better than RG3 period. The media has hyped RG3 into a great prospect. Nobody heard of him until ESPN decided to show him shred all those terrible defenses he played against while running his elementary school style offense.
    Luck played against better talent on a bigger stage for a longer period of time. He also had nobody but a TE to throw too while RG3 had multiple weapons. This is the easiest pick in draft history!
    Plus the Redskins as a franchise absolutely blow. I live in DC and have watched nearly every game for the past 8 years. If I were RGIII I would actually pull an Eli/Elway and refuse to play for Dan Snyder. He has raped what was once one of the league's perennial franchises and they won't be any good until he's gone. I know our resident Redskins fan, my good buddy VA, will reprimand me for this and tell me that Snyder's hired a real GM, but I'll believe it when I see it. When has Snyder ever demonstrated tact or temerity?

Banned
    Mood

It won't happen. The QB play will be better until Luck goes down but there are no players. None. I'm not making this up, many experts see them being the worst team in the NFL for at least the next two or three years. Just look at the Pro Bowlers gone and replaced with rookies or other teams castoffs..... Some are saying I am a troll but sometimes you have to look at things as they really are, not the way you would like for them to be. Washington is a MUCH better team than the Colts and RG3 is going to have a great year. I'm not saying he will get Cam Newton numbers but he will be a lot closer to that than Luck.......

Banned
    Mood

[QUOTE=troyc11a;1423742]
    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    People stop quoting OlBlu. I don't want to read his troll garbage. He's the Skip Bayless of this board: He only says the things he does to get a reaction out of people.[/QUOTe

His name didnt ring a bell. I should have known when I seen all the responses to his idiotic post that he was a troll. Real Colts fans are smarter than that!
    There was nothing idiotic about that post. It was the truth and save it. Don't bother, I will post it again when I am proven right.......

What experts are saying the Colts will be the worst team in the NFL over the next few years? Anyone who is saying that simply did not watch the game last year. We had opportunities to win several of those games but we had the worst QB play in the league with Collins and Painter. Those guys just couldn't make any plays. You get a QB with average ability (which is what you would hope Luck would at least be as a rookie) and you will have the opportunity to at least improve that record from 2 wins to 5 or 6. By no means am I saying that this team is going to the playoffs or anything like that, but we should win more games than last year.

One think you neglect to point out with RGIII is that he plays in the very tough NFC East. He is going to play 6 games a year against the Giants, Eagles, and Cowboys. I'd much rather play 6 games against the Texans, Jaguars, and Titans.

Our road schedule is brutal this year, but our home games are: Minnesota, Jacksonville, Green Bay, Cleveland, Miami, Buffalo, Tenn, and Houston. Aside from Green Bay, that is a very easy home schedule. We should have the opportunity to win several of those.

Banned
    Mood

What experts are saying the Colts will be the worst team in the NFL over the next few years? Anyone who is saying that simply did not watch the game last year. We had opportunities to win several of those games but we had the worst QB play in the league with Collins and Painter. Those guys just couldn't make any plays. You get a QB with average ability (which is what you would hope Luck would at least be as a rookie) and you will have the opportunity to at least improve that record from 2 wins to 5 or 6. By no means am I saying that this team is going to the playoffs or anything like that, but we should win more games than last year.

One think you neglect to point out with RGIII is that he plays in the very tough NFC East. He is going to play 6 games a year against the Giants, Eagles, and Cowboys. I'd much rather play 6 games against the Texans, Jaguars, and Titans.

Our road schedule is brutal this year, but our home games are: Minnesota, Jacksonville, Green Bay, Cleveland, Miami, Buffalo, Tenn, and Houston. Aside from Green Bay, that is a very easy home schedule. We should have the opportunity to win several of those.
    Mel Kipper for one thinks the Colts will be the worst team in the NFL this year and quailfy for the number one pick in back to back years. He also thinks they will have a shot at doing that next year. There are many more. Where do you find even one who thinks the Colts are going to win any games this year? Some experts think they will go 0-16.... That is a very easy hom schedule? You have a chance against Jacksonville and Miami maybe...........