Thread: Thoughts on Al Harrington

Banned

Default Thoughts on Al Harrington

How bad is his leg? It's supposedly been hurting him all season, and now he takes a couple weeks off. It's a good time to give the leg some rest in preparation for the end-of-season and playoffs, but still, it is concerning that it hasn't gotten better over the past 3 months. Has it gotten worse?

--

I believe he is a very great player, but I also believe he is the most expendable of the Pacers top 6 players. I've wondered if they might try trading him because of his high trade value and his self oriented approach to basketball. But I wonder if the Pacers haven't gone too far with the idea of trading him because they know he couldn't pass a physical.

--

Will he be a Pacer next year. I get the feeling that he won't. But I hope he is, unless he becomes a distraction because of dissatisfaction with not starting.

Default Re: Thoughts on Al Harrington

If we win the title, which we will, Al will not leave.
    If we don't win the title, but we reach the Finals, Al will not leave.
    If we don't make it to the Finals, Al will not leave.
    If we don't make it out of the first round this year, Al will leave.

Tim

How bad is his leg? It's supposedly been hurting him all season, and now he takes a couple weeks off. It's a good time to give the leg some rest in preparation for the end-of-season and playoffs, but still, it is concerning that it hasn't gotten better over the past 3 months. Has it gotten worse?

--

I believe he is a very great player, but I also believe he is the most expendable of the Pacers top 6 players. I've wondered if they might try trading him because of his high trade value and his self oriented approach to basketball. But I wonder if the Pacers haven't gone too far with the idea of trading him because they know he couldn't pass a physical.

--

Will he be a Pacer next year. I get the feeling that he won't. But I hope he is, unless he becomes a distraction because of dissatisfaction with not starting.
    Al has been hurt all season and play very effectively.
    Al said he may have to just deal with it (injury) until seasons end.

The last I read from Donnie is that Al really isn't available unless he is approached with an incredible deal.

The Pacers have been playing from in front all season with this roster, why do you want to risk a major roster move?

I haven't gotten the impression that the knee has gotten any worse, just that it hasn't healed nearly as quickly as they'd like. This extended rest plus the shot he got is SUPPOSED to take the pain away. But even if it does not, he'll be no worse off than he's been the whole year. They think this will do the trick, though.

Yeah - I think it's the same with Bender
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.