Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Beer

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What's good?

I've drank for years but only got into being a beer advocate the past year or two.
    I think you have come to the right place. With some of the comments made here some members are clearly drinking a lot of beer or smoking something.....

And, since I know it will be coming I don't drink or smoke anything.... No bad habits other than standing my ground here when people go off of the deep end predicting championships for the Pacers this year and a .500 season for the Colts......

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    I think you have come to the right place. With some of the comments made here some members are clearly drinking a lot of beer or smoking something.....

And, since I know it will be coming I don't drink or smoke anything.... No bad habits other than standing my ground here when people go off of the deep end predicting championships for the Pacers this year and a .500 season for the Colts......
    I'm so glad that you don't drink or smoke! We wouldn't want anything to cloud your brilliance......

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

I used to love Blue Moon and Shock top, but I've into too many bad batches. So i only get one once in a while. Plus I don't have oranges in the fridge on a regular basis. I love Dos Equis and Dos Equis Amber. Modelo is a great beer very smooth compared to a beer like corona.

Amstell Light is surprisingly good as well, its like a spicy beer to me.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post

You're awesome! I wish I could meet you in person so I could simply bask in the warm glow of your brilliance...

Oh, and my favorite Sun King brew is the Wee Mac Scottish Ale.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Do like the Scottish Ale. Good pick Trav.

Quote Originally Posted by Pig Nash View Post
    New Belgium Trippel
    That is just about the only New Belgium beer I don't like. I don't know why, I usually like that style. There was just something in it that turned me off. My favorite of theirs is probably 1554.

Quote Originally Posted by Pig Nash View Post
    A multitude of IPAs (the hoppier the better
    Ditto. IPA is pretty much my favorite style right now. Particularly during the winter. Love Octoberfest, too. Hacker-Pschorr Octoberfest might just be my favorite beer ever. During the fall Costco occasionally has cases of it for under $25.

As for "everyday" beers - beers that both my wife and I like and I can pretty much count on company liking, I tend toward Dos XX Amber, New Belgium Fat Tire, Leinenkugels Red, Smithwicks, maybe Newcastle, maybe Redhook ESB.

In the summer, I love Bell's Oberon and Goose Island 312.

In the winter, a nice, thick chewy stout, preferably on tap.

I generally drink a bunch of different beers over the course of the year. There are so many good, local breweries out there. It's a wonderful time to love good beer.

Oh, the Sun King stuff is really good. My wife loves their Cream Ale. I don't normally like Scottish ale, but I do like their Wee Mac.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

- Jimmy Buffett

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Trippel is probably the most divisive one, my dad and I love it, everyone else I know that tries it goes eww.

San Diego county has a number of really good microbreweries. I particularly like the Stone and Green Flash ones.

Stone's Imperial Russian Stout is one of the best beers I've ever had. Their oaked Arrogant B.astard ale also is fantastic.

Green Flash's IPA is great, and this is coming from somebody who's not a fan of IPA's.

I'm also a sucker for sour Belgian beers, like the Cuvee des Jacobins rouge, or the Cantillon gueuze. They're hard to find, expensive, and most people find them disgusting, but I love them.

Yuengling was my go to beer when I lived in VA (can't find it in So Cal): The taste/price ratio is just fantastic.

I also like the Mexican beer Negra Modelo.
    Last edited by Pingu; 04-21-2012 at 01:35 PM.

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by TheDavisBrothers View Post
    I'm so glad that you don't drink or smoke! We wouldn't want anything to cloud your brilliance......
    Ain't that the truth.......

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pingu View Post
    San Diego county has a number of really good microbreweries. I particularly like the Stone and Green Flash ones.

Stone's Imperial Russian Stout is one of the best beers I've ever had. Their oaked Arrogant B.astard ale also is fantastic.

Green Flash's IPA is great, and this is coming from somebody who's not a fan of IPA's.

I'm also a sucker for sour Belgian beers, like the Cuvee des Jacobins rouge, or the Cantillon gueuze. They're hard to find, expensive, and most people find them disgusting, but I love them.

Yuengling was my go to beer when I lived in VA (can't find it in So Cal): The taste/price ratio is just fantastic.

I also like the Mexican beer Negra Modelo.
    it really is. You could get a keg of Yuengling for about the same price as miller lite or something but Yuengling is so much better. I hope one day they expand their market to CA. They have been growing, but CA is far from PA.

Mood

I had some good beer that my brother-in-law made that was great. It was similar to Dunkel Heffe in Germany. He has been brewing his own and selling some of it locally with good results.