Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Schedule is finally here

Default Re: Schedule is finally here

Put it to you this way, our defense can't be any worse than it was last year. And our offense can't be any worse than it was last year. We will suck, and we won't win many games, but we won't suck more than last year. So I say at least 2 wins, probably 3-4.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That is odd. Most experts think they will have trouble winning any games at all. In fact some are predicting that they will have the number one pick three years in a row.... I am a Colts fan but I agree with them. Two or less wins this year... Luck will have to have some Luck to even finish the season. I see him out for the year by mid-season with no protection and no super quick release like Peyton. If he does play the whole year, he will threaten the NFL record for interceptions..... Bleak year coming...
    No way Luck throws 30 picks this year. The Colts would have won 7-8 games last season with decent QB play which is what Luck will provide. The coaching staff is much improved as well. The addition of Luck and a competent coaching staff will improve the win total noticeably.

Other than Manning, the Colts didn't lose much from last year's team. Addai, Clark, Brackett, Bullitt were either hurt or played poorly and Saturday is over the hill with little left in the tank.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to hoosierguy For This Useful Post:

OMG let's just hope that no games are nationally televised where the Steelers wear their alternate unis, throwbacks from 1934:

The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

That is odd. Most experts think they will have trouble winning any games at all. In fact some are predicting that they will have the number one pick three years in a row.... I am a Colts fan but I agree with them. Two or less wins this year... Luck will have to have some Luck to even finish the season. I see him out for the year by mid-season with no protection and no super quick release like Peyton. If he does play the whole year, he will threaten the NFL record for interceptions..... Bleak year coming...
    Is this the first post with no shade smily? Lol at the luck being hurt by midseason. Did the oline hurt anyone last year?
    Last edited by Gamble1; 04-19-2012 at 11:57 AM.

This is all ridiculous.

I dont understand why we try and predict schedules with no set rosters and the draft not having happened.

Lets wait to at least see who we have.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    Anyone who thinks the Colts are going to have another 2-14 season will be in for a pleasant surprise or rude awakening, depending on if they like the Colts or not.

Last year the Colts had the worst QB play in the NFL and still managed to lose several games by only a TD or less. Luck is a huge upgrade over Greybeard, PaintCan, and Safety Dan. The new coaching staff is lightyears ahead of Clueless Jim and his posse of morons.
    I agree with this. The team Luck is inhereting is much better than the one Peyton had to work with his first couple of seasons.

I'm thinking ~6 wins this season, and a return to elite status within 3 years.

Obviously the fans must not like the schedule because renewals are down enough the ticket waiting list has been used up and there are still tickets available. It has to be the schedule... what other reason could it be?

http://www.indystar.com/article/2012...-could-go-sale
    Last edited by Bball; 04-19-2012 at 03:11 AM.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Rooting My Family 2 Glory CooperManning's Avatar

My homer prediction:

We're borderline elite in the 2013 season. One bad year, more sick picks, sign a few key free agents, boom. It's not that crazy, Peyton took us to 13-3 year two. We probably won't do that well, but I think we could definitely sneak into the playoffs year two.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to CooperManning For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    As far as stopping the run we pretty much have a lot of the guys in place. McKinney and Redding will atleast clog the holes but the LB's may need to come up to speed on the system. Zbikowski is great against the run as well which should hold the LB's mistakes in check.

The O-line is going to be full of power. The Colts will average around 6'5 320lb on the line this year and the addition of Satele and McGlynn (voted top 10 dirtiest players last year) will provide a mean streak that the Colts have lacked for awhile now.

I like the Colts chances to grind out some games next year but of course I am a bias fan.
    That is 3 out of 11 people that have experience with the system on D, with the assignments changing for multiple people on the d I think this could be where problems are introduced, also one other thing that I feel is that we will have to build chemistry and trust with the groups we have.

On offense I expect us to be much better, like defense I think that we will have to gain chemistry and trust, hopefully these will get there during the offseason.

Anyone who thinks the Colts are going to have another 2-14 season will be in for a pleasant surprise or rude awakening, depending on if they like the Colts or not.

Last year the Colts had the worst QB play in the NFL and still managed to lose several games by only a TD or less. Luck is a huge upgrade over Greybeard, PaintCan, and Safety Dan. The new coaching staff is lightyears ahead of Clueless Jim and his posse of morons.
    I would not say that about the coaching staff, and to think if we would have had a better QB, all of those games we only lost by a TD or less could have been turned around, and those coaches would not have looked as bad as they did. I think the biggest problem was the DC and that he was not removed earlier.

Ahhh forget what the "experts" say, there has to be many assumptions going on there, I think it is hard for anyone to project how a team will do that looks so much different than the one last year. Luck is a tough guy and our like this year should be okay, not fantastic but good enough, Luck has good pocket awareness so that should help out. I would not say that he will threaten for the record and if he did I would not be super worried, Peyton got it, and that was because he was taking chances, and he learned lessons in the process as well. But I honestly do not see this happening.

No way Luck throws 30 picks this year. The Colts would have won 7-8 games last season with decent QB play which is what Luck will provide. The coaching staff is much improved as well. The addition of Luck and a competent coaching staff will improve the win total noticeably.

Other than Manning, the Colts didn't lose much from last year's team. Addai, Clark, Brackett, Bullitt were either hurt or played poorly and Saturday is over the hill with little left in the tank.
    I feel the same about the losses, but it is hard to make any predictions on the coaching staff, both the DC and the OC were let go from their previous teams, the DC has has a bad history of success with his DC jobs. The head coach has not HC experience at all and this will be a big learning year for him as well. I think they have potential to be better but I would not say that they are at this point in time

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    This is all ridiculous.

I dont understand why we try and predict schedules with no set rosters and the draft not having happened.

Lets wait to at least see who we have.
    We have probably signed all the FA's that we are going to sign, maybe 1 or 2 guys to fill the roster, and with the draft we know who our #1 pick is, and maybe the next 3 play meaning full minutes that is still only 3 out of 22 people. So we have somewhat of an good idea, but we try to predict because it is fun, and football season is back, it happens for every sport.
    Why so SERIOUS