Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 34

Thread: Schedule is finally here

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    BoilerUpMan Really?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,227
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Schedule is finally here

    http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2012/REG/COLTS

    Kind of sucks we start out with the Bears but oh well, also we end up having to play every AFC North team, which I believe is the toughest division, but oh well, I hope we show up.

    After looking at the schedule I am thinking we go 4-12 possibly 5-11
    Why so SERIOUS

  2. #2
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,947

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Schedule is finally here

    With Luck coming in, I'm blown away that we don't have any National TV games. Crazy that the most hyped prospect since whenever won't have any National TV games his rookie year.

  3. #3
    BoilerUpMan Really?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,227
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Schedule is finally here

    Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    With Luck coming in, I'm blown away that we don't have any National TV games. Crazy that the most hyped prospect since whenever won't have any National TV games his rookie year.
    We play the Jags on Thursday night football, but yup other than that nope...
    Why so SERIOUS

  4. #4

    Default Re: Schedule is finally here

    Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    With Luck coming in, I'm blown away that we don't have any National TV games. Crazy that the most hyped prospect since whenever won't have any National TV games his rookie year.
    Probably because the rest of the Colts aren't nearly as headline grabbing in comparison then again Manning alone got us national TV games. Not to mention the epic fail of last season with the PT games we had and how badly we played(namely the Saints/Colts one) the NFL is hedging their bets on this one.

    I'm fine with it I hate it when the Colts play at night I rather see them as early as possible at 1 PM. I live here we'll see the Colts regardless of when.

    Of course I'm aware that Colts fans who don't live in Indy agree with that though

  5. #5
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    17,834

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Schedule is finally here

    Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    With Luck coming in, I'm blown away that we don't have any National TV games. Crazy that the most hyped prospect since whenever won't have any National TV games his rookie year.

    I'm not. As big of a prospect as Luck is, he is still a rookie QB on a team that went 2-14 last year. Odds are we will be pretty sloppy. Prime time games are deservedly given to match-ups where you expect a good game. Besides, if we surprise people and are actually somewhat good then we could always get one flexed in our favor.

    We are at least guaranteed one prime time game in 2013 when the Broncos come to town.

  6. #6
    Go Paytherth! rel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Atlanta
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,821

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Schedule is finally here

    I know its pretty much a sure thing that we'll pick Luck, but did I miss an official announcement or anything? It's odd that NFL.com is already describing our schedule as if Luck was already on the team.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to rel For This Useful Post:


  8. #7
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Schedule is finally here

    So no Denver, huh?

  9. #8
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,358

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Schedule is finally here

    We already knew who we were playing. The NFL schedule is entirely formulaic.

    We just didn't know when until tonight.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  10. #9
    BoilerUpMan Really?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,227
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Schedule is finally here

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We already knew who we were playing. The NFL schedule is entirely formulaic.

    We just didn't know when until tonight.
    Yup, I am excited to see GB here and I may go up to watch the Detroit game.
    Why so SERIOUS

  11. #10
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    17,834

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Schedule is finally here

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So no Denver, huh?

    The teams you play are determined by the NFL scheduling procedures which follow a strict formula.

    http://football.about.com/cs/footbal...chedproced.htm

    We do play Denver here next season.

  12. #11
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,358

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Schedule is finally here

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The teams you play are determined by the NFL scheduling procedures which follow a strict formula.

    http://football.about.com/cs/footbal...chedproced.htm

    We do play Denver here next season.
    I always thought it was hilarious when people thought it was some sort of money grabbing NFL conspiracy that the Colts and Patriots played every year.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:


  14. #12

    Default Re: Schedule is finally here

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I always thought it was hilarious when people thought it was some sort of money grabbing NFL conspiracy that the Colts and Patriots played every year.
    I don't trust the nfl on who they decide to schedule at home. The pats and the jets on the road is brutal. The colts have winnable games against bad teams at home and have no chance on hard away games.

  15. #13
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    17,834

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Schedule is finally here

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't trust the nfl on who they decide to schedule at home. The pats and the jets on the road is brutal. The colts have winnable games against bad teams at home and have no chance on hard away games.


    The NFL doesn't randomly decide who plays who where. It's all decided by a strict formula and the same methods apply to every team.

    We play the AFC East every three years, meaning that we last played them in 2009. In 2009 we played New England and NYJ here with Buffalo and Miami on the road. This year it flips: Miami and Buffalo here with NE and NYJ on the road, which is the way it was in 2006. In 2015 it will revert back to the way it was in 2009.

    The NFL isn't out to get the Colts with tough road games and easy home games. That's just the way it worked out due to the strict formula that they have been using for years. The day the season ends you know exactly the 8 teams you play at home and the 8 teams you play on the road. The only question is when you will play them.

    We play each NFC division every 4 years, meaning that the last time we played the NFC North was 08. That year we played Chicago and Detroit at home with Green Bay and Minnesota on the road. This year it flips to the way it was in 2004: Green Bay and Minny at home with Chicago and Detroit on the road.

    The reason we know that Denver comes to Lucas next season is because we play the AFC West in 2013. In 2010, we played in Denver, meaning that next year we will play them in Indy. People who are questioning why there is no Indy-Denver match-up this season don't understand how NFL scheduling works. The NFL can't just randomly schedule an Indy-Denver game because it sounds interesting. The reason Manning and Brady played each other every year wasn't because the NFL wanted to see the match-up. It was instead because both teams were always winning their division and division winners always play each other per the scheduling formula.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 04-18-2012 at 10:01 AM.

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  17. #14
    year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lafayette, IN
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,304

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Schedule is finally here

    I may be going to KC to watch the Chiefs game in December. One of my best friends is from KC and she and I went to the Colts/Chiefs game here in 2010. A return trip would only be fair.
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

  18. #15
    Rooting My Family 2 Glory CooperManning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,296

    Default Re: Schedule is finally here

    Totally won't be pissed if we get the #1 pick again and trade Barkley for a bunch of firsts.

    I doubt it happens though. Vikes, Browns, and both Jags games are very winnable. Chiefs and Dolphins are maybes.

  19. #16
    BoilerUpMan Really?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,227
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Schedule is finally here

    Quote Originally Posted by CooperManning View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Totally won't be pissed if we get the #1 pick again and trade Barkley for a bunch of firsts.

    I doubt it happens though. Vikes, Browns, and both Jags games are very winnable. Chiefs and Dolphins are maybes.
    yeah I think the max that we will win is 6, the only game that I think is a for sure win is the Jags here, Jags there could be tough, Vikes it all depends on how thier QB improved over the summer. Browns were tough last year, if they can add some more weapons they can be tough, Dolphins were on a role, and could have been a contender if they would have had a few missing pieces, losing Marshall really hurt from a talent stand point.
    Why so SERIOUS

  20. #17
    Rooting My Family 2 Glory CooperManning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,296

    Default Re: Schedule is finally here

    Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    yeah I think the max that we will win is 6, the only game that I think is a for sure win is the Jags here, Jags there could be tough, Vikes it all depends on how thier QB improved over the summer. Browns were tough last year, if they can add some more weapons they can be tough, Dolphins were on a role, and could have been a contender if they would have had a few missing pieces, losing Marshall really hurt from a talent stand point.
    If we have a good draft, I wouldn't be surprised if we won a few random games that we're supposed to lose. Luck could be more comfortable early on than we think. We're not completely devoid of talent, Reggie Wayne ain't no slouch. And maybe all the Baltimore players on our D will be able to stop someone.

    It's going to be a really fascinating season regardless. I've said it before, but I'll pretty much be rooting for close losses and good experience. I want one more year of sick draft picks to help us turn the corner.

  21. #18
    BoilerUpMan Really?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,227
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Schedule is finally here

    Quote Originally Posted by CooperManning View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we have a good draft, I wouldn't be surprised if we won a few random games that we're supposed to lose. Luck could be more comfortable early on than we think. We're not completely devoid of talent, Reggie Wayne ain't no slouch. And maybe all the Baltimore players on our D will be able to stop someone.

    It's going to be a really fascinating season regardless. I've said it before, but I'll pretty much be rooting for close losses and good experience. I want one more year of sick draft picks to help us turn the corner.
    Yeah, I don't think the draft will have as much affect, most likely anyone out of the 1st 3 draft picks will have little effect this year. Luck will definitely have a big affect on the team, but I think the biggest thing will be the system, and the coaching, and how the players adapt to the new system.

    I do hope that we are able to compete and either make the playoffs which is unlikely, or get a top 5 pick next year.

    8 days away... so excited.
    Why so SERIOUS

  22. #19

    Default Re: Schedule is finally here

    Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, I don't think the draft will have as much affect, most likely anyone out of the 1st 3 draft picks will have little effect this year. Luck will definitely have a big affect on the team, but I think the biggest thing will be the system, and the coaching, and how the players adapt to the new system.

    I do hope that we are able to compete and either make the playoffs which is unlikely, or get a top 5 pick next year.

    8 days away... so excited.
    At best I could see a 8-8 team but it will probably be more like 5-11 team next year. The Jags and Titans are beatable and depending on the Colts run defense I could see them making bigger plays on that side of the ball and winning some games.

    The 4th pick could be a high value pick IMO. Powers was picked up 5 spots before that pick in 2009 and it would be great to get a DB with his talent that late in the draft again this year.

    I know a lot of national media thinks this team has no chance to be competitive but I think the Colts are set up nicely. I mean most of the guys who were cut where also injury prone and old anyway.

    The best part of all these changes is that our own division rivals won't know how to prepare for us like in years past. The Colts are now going to become a run defensive team with a heavy run game. The Jags and the Titans may struggle early on with the Colts new system.
    Last edited by Gamble1; 04-18-2012 at 01:26 PM.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Gamble1 For This Useful Post:


  24. #20
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,286
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Schedule is finally here

    I cant believe the Broncos aren't visiting LOS

    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    "Ego is edging greatness out" -Rick Pitino
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  25. #21

    Default Re: Schedule is finally here

    Put it to you this way, our defense can't be any worse than it was last year. And our offense can't be any worse than it was last year. We will suck, and we won't win many games, but we won't suck more than last year. So I say at least 2 wins, probably 3-4.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:


  27. #22

    Default Re: Schedule is finally here

    OMG let's just hope that no games are nationally televised where the Steelers wear their alternate unis, throwbacks from 1934:





    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:


  29. #23
    Batman's New Side Kick Psyren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    2,604

    Default

    This is all ridiculous.

    I dont understand why we try and predict schedules with no set rosters and the draft not having happened.

    Lets wait to at least see who we have.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

  30. #24
    BoilerUpMan Really?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,227
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Schedule is finally here

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As far as stopping the run we pretty much have a lot of the guys in place. McKinney and Redding will atleast clog the holes but the LB's may need to come up to speed on the system. Zbikowski is great against the run as well which should hold the LB's mistakes in check.

    The O-line is going to be full of power. The Colts will average around 6'5 320lb on the line this year and the addition of Satele and McGlynn (voted top 10 dirtiest players last year) will provide a mean streak that the Colts have lacked for awhile now.

    I like the Colts chances to grind out some games next year but of course I am a bias fan.
    That is 3 out of 11 people that have experience with the system on D, with the assignments changing for multiple people on the d I think this could be where problems are introduced, also one other thing that I feel is that we will have to build chemistry and trust with the groups we have.

    On offense I expect us to be much better, like defense I think that we will have to gain chemistry and trust, hopefully these will get there during the offseason.

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone who thinks the Colts are going to have another 2-14 season will be in for a pleasant surprise or rude awakening, depending on if they like the Colts or not.

    Last year the Colts had the worst QB play in the NFL and still managed to lose several games by only a TD or less. Luck is a huge upgrade over Greybeard, PaintCan, and Safety Dan. The new coaching staff is lightyears ahead of Clueless Jim and his posse of morons.
    I would not say that about the coaching staff, and to think if we would have had a better QB, all of those games we only lost by a TD or less could have been turned around, and those coaches would not have looked as bad as they did. I think the biggest problem was the DC and that he was not removed earlier.

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That is odd. Most experts think they will have trouble winning any games at all. In fact some are predicting that they will have the number one pick three years in a row.... I am a Colts fan but I agree with them. Two or less wins this year... Luck will have to have some Luck to even finish the season. I see him out for the year by mid-season with no protection and no super quick release like Peyton. If he does play the whole year, he will threaten the NFL record for interceptions..... Bleak year coming...
    Ahhh forget what the "experts" say, there has to be many assumptions going on there, I think it is hard for anyone to project how a team will do that looks so much different than the one last year. Luck is a tough guy and our like this year should be okay, not fantastic but good enough, Luck has good pocket awareness so that should help out. I would not say that he will threaten for the record and if he did I would not be super worried, Peyton got it, and that was because he was taking chances, and he learned lessons in the process as well. But I honestly do not see this happening.

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No way Luck throws 30 picks this year. The Colts would have won 7-8 games last season with decent QB play which is what Luck will provide. The coaching staff is much improved as well. The addition of Luck and a competent coaching staff will improve the win total noticeably.

    Other than Manning, the Colts didn't lose much from last year's team. Addai, Clark, Brackett, Bullitt were either hurt or played poorly and Saturday is over the hill with little left in the tank.
    I feel the same about the losses, but it is hard to make any predictions on the coaching staff, both the DC and the OC were let go from their previous teams, the DC has has a bad history of success with his DC jobs. The head coach has not HC experience at all and this will be a big learning year for him as well. I think they have potential to be better but I would not say that they are at this point in time



    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is all ridiculous.

    I dont understand why we try and predict schedules with no set rosters and the draft not having happened.

    Lets wait to at least see who we have.
    We have probably signed all the FA's that we are going to sign, maybe 1 or 2 guys to fill the roster, and with the draft we know who our #1 pick is, and maybe the next 3 play meaning full minutes that is still only 3 out of 22 people. So we have somewhat of an good idea, but we try to predict because it is fun, and football season is back, it happens for every sport.
    Why so SERIOUS

  31. #25
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,519

    Default Re: Schedule is finally here

    Obviously the fans must not like the schedule because renewals are down enough the ticket waiting list has been used up and there are still tickets available. It has to be the schedule... what other reason could it be?


    http://www.indystar.com/article/2012...-could-go-sale
    Last edited by Bball; 04-19-2012 at 03:11 AM.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

Similar Threads

  1. Pacers Hit Rough Patch Before Schedule Turns
    By 90'sNBARocked in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-15-2012, 03:46 PM
  2. ESPN: Eastern Conference Preview
    By docpaul in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 12-21-2011, 07:26 PM
  3. NBA Schedule Announced Tonight
    By Lance George in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 12-07-2011, 09:49 PM
  4. .500 finish is very attainable. Schedule analysis inside.
    By Phree Refill in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 145
    Last Post: 04-16-2009, 09:56 AM
  5. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-07-2005, 11:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •