Thread: This is a disgrace

Paahking my caahr in Haahvad Yaahd... ;-)

Default This is a disgrace

Look, I know tensions are high. I know Ben was reacting to Ron's hard foul. But the craziness that followed everything was just uncalled for.
    Your horse is dead, get off it already...

Paahking my caahr in Haahvad Yaahd... ;-)

Default Re: This is a disgrace

BTW, I am not letting Ron off the hook in this whole matter. His charging after a Pistons fan only helped fuel the fire out there.
    Your horse is dead, get off it already...

diego

Piston fans are a disgrace!!!! Period.

sweabs

Oh my god - well - say goodbye to Ron...for good.

And say goodbye to Jermaine and Jackson for a while.

Absolute ******** - I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

I hate Detroit fans.

Wow...I'm not sure who to blame in all that. I guess it's just a horrible showing by all involved.

I should be blaming the Pistons fans, but I knew that Detroit was a horrible city full of horrible people years ago, so I'm not exactly surprised that they threw beer all over our players, then ganged up on our players, invading the court at one point, when Artest left the court.

It's obviously inexcusable by Artest, but I can't say that I wouldn't have done the same thing in his situation.

To me, however, the biggest disgrace, and the most damning piece of evidence against Pistons fans as a whole, was the fact that fans on the OPPOSITE SIDE OF THE COURT decided it was OK to throw crap and try to fight Jermaine O'Neal, WHO HAD NO PART IN ANY OF THE INCIDENT, as he was trying to leave.

I can't say that something bad would have happened had that happened in Conseco, but there would have been no 10-on-1 fan violence, and little to no throwing of things, that much I can guarantee.

I'm giving Artest a pass on this... I don't know what the league will do but this is one incident I won't hold against him.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Ron will get disciplined. He HAS to be. Jax is in big trouble too. But I would say goodbye to Ben Wallace for quite a while...

That was one of, if not the ugliest thing I've ever seen from fans at a professional sporting event. I was seriously watching that thinking "This could turn into a riot so easily". The fans who involved themselves in the game tonight are a disgrace to their city, their team, and their fellow fans.

I'm so disgusted; I'm close to leaving the Pacers and the NBA behind...I'm so distraught over this whole incident...Just sick human beings...

I'm in shock...I will eventually get over it, but this whole event has got me the angriest I think I have ever been.

This was disgraceful every way you look at it.

I won't be around for a while; I need time to think.

(And wow, this needs to change; the whole board being limited to only a certain number of people...I couldn't vent when I was really hot lol)

It's not that we have a limit. The board is just choking. We have no set limit.

*edit* Apparently I was wrong, and there is a limit. Sorry for my mistake.
    [edit=12=1100929844][/edit]

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I know what I would have done if I saw a teammate getting in a fight with a fan.

I applaud Artest, Jackson, and JO for their actions.

While they went to extreme measures, tonight's events showed solidarity.

Wow. Indy looked pretty strong out there tonight as far as the actual basketball game went.

The other stuff. Plenty of blame to go around.

Artest foul was excessive for the situation.

Wallace overreacted out of frustration of the Pistons getting ther a$$ handed to them.

The fan that threw the beer is a complete loser that should be arrested.

Artest and Jackson going into the stands totally created the mob mentality that ensued. I'm not excusing the mob, that was embarrassing, but if Artest gets security and points out the Fan that threw the beer instead of jumping into the stands and unfortunately going after the wrong guy, This whole situation would not have gotten to that point. That is easier said than done. My Irish temper probably would have made me do the same thing he did.

The fat guy that got clocked by J.O. and Artest had it coming. If a fan comes up on you on the court, that is self defense.

The chair throwing and beer throwing was regrettable, but if a fan is in the stands and sees the visiting team jump into the stands and start punching other fans the Mob
    Mentality mixed with a fair amount of alcohol is predictable. I'm very embarrassed for the city of Detroit. No incidents since the 1984 world series (which is still brought up by the national media every year) and now Detroit is going to be the riot capitol of the world for another 20 years.

Good game. Indy is not a pretender. I've got a good amount of hate built up for them. I hope the next game is all basketball and the Pistons prevail.

Good Game and sorry about the riot.

It's by far the worst thing I've ever seen happen in USA sports.
    We can all say that Ron should not have gone in the stands.. but what if you got pelted in the head with a beer bottle then drinks while trying your best to cool down. Damn right your gonna be mad as hell and ready to kick some ***.
    Big changes in the NBA as a result, at least in detroit, they need to set up the hockey rink walls there. I doubt they will even let the Pacers play there again. Where was the security and police?
    Yall think JO SJ and Ron will still be suspended when they meet again?
    /sigh I hope not too long..

Grey

A Pistons fan's opinion...

I'd give everyone a one-game suspension, except maybe Jackson. I'd give him a few more since he was clearly making matters worse.

Players should be allowed to defend themselves. Maybe then the so-called fans will learn to behave themselves.

To the few who thew insults, beer, food and punches at the Pacers: Turn in your Pistons gear at the door. You're now banned from all games, and you no longer have the privilege of calling yourself a Pistons fan.

I agree with the pistons guy, either they go all out with severe or season suspensions, or just do a 1 game suspension, with a no tolerance guideline.
    [edit=55=1100942179][/edit]

Grey

Quote Originally Posted by recap
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I tend to agree, but I think that there is about a zero chance of that. The NBA is going to make an example of the Pacers.
    And it's really unfortunate. This could happen with any NBA team in any NBA town. Believe me, Pistons fans aren't the only ones with a bad apple in the bunch, and it only takes one fan and one player to start something like the incident last night.

Shaq was just quoted as saying he would've done the same thing, as have other NBA players. And fans outside of Auburn Hills are certainly capable of falling prey to mob-mentality. We've all seen it before - just never at this magnitude.

Whatever happens, I hope all fans and players across the leage learn something valuable from it.