Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: Shabazz Muhammad

  1. #1
    Resident UNLV Fan
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UTAH
    Posts
    9

    Default Shabazz Muhammad

    Just thought I'd share this with the Pacer faithful a few hours before its official....Bazz is heading to UCLA....he's been a lock there for a few months, and much of his recruitment had been a facade.

    The shoe game still rules, and when sis, who's ranked approximately 350th in the world in tennis, gets a lucrative shoe deal, everybody knew what that meant. Very creative of Adidas....I must say. Hardly illegal, she is a pro tennis player, but not sure that many at her ranking get that type of cash...conveniently UCLA is an Adidas school....well, he'll be a pro in a year....so not far off- topic, but thought I'd share the scoop with you all....

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to unlvrebelx For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Dood. Ownagedood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Franklin
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,623

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Shabazz Muhammad

    Hmm.. Interesting if true.. Seems UCLA has fallen off the face of the earth recently.. This should help propel them back.

  4. #3
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,989
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Shabazz Muhammad

    Quote Originally Posted by unlvrebelx View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just thought I'd share this with the Pacer faithful a few hours before its official....Bazz is heading to UCLA....he's been a lock there for a few months, and much of his recruitment had been a facade.

    The shoe game still rules, and when sis, who's ranked approximately 350th in the world in tennis, gets a lucrative shoe deal, everybody knew what that meant. Very creative of Adidas....I must say. Hardly illegal, she is a pro tennis player, but not sure that many at her ranking get that type of cash...conveniently UCLA is an Adidas school....well, he'll be a pro in a year....so not far off- topic, but thought I'd share the scoop with you all....
    Somewhere Calipari is crying. Usually he doesn't get outcheated when it comes to this stuff.

  5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:


  6. #4
    Resident UNLV Fan
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UTAH
    Posts
    9

    Default Re: Shabazz Muhammad

    This board is crazy....I've made like 10 posts, and only 2 actually posted....now this post, my "2nd" post gets moved? Wow, you guys are kinda nazi-esque....there's plentyy of off topic posts on the pacers forum, but I can't even make a post on there about the pacers, let alone one off-topic, but very hot topic post (that i thought deserved more attention on the main board)....oh well

    I do wonder what happened to all my other posts though....you may be taking yourselves a bit too serious, just saying.

  7. #5
    one long Grimp-season ECKrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    23
    Posts
    3,830

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Shabazz Muhammad

    This isn't about the NBA, therefor it doesn't go on the main board, simple as that. It isn't that strict, and we like it anyway. You loosen up the rules, and things get out of hand quickly, especially on the internet. They're are too many sites online that are not overrun with idiots and spam, and that's why I like PD.

    Anyway, if indeed true, I am just glad he isn't going to Kentucky or Duke or another big name school. UCLA has some history, but they are not on the same level as those other schools.
    Last edited by ECKrueger; 04-11-2012 at 11:05 PM. Reason: fixed it.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:


  9. #6
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,250

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Shabazz Muhammad

    Quote Originally Posted by PurduePacer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    UCLA is big, but not like they are in basketball.
    Wait... what?
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:


  11. #7
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: Shabazz Muhammad

    Quote Originally Posted by unlvrebelx View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow, you guys are kinda nazi-esque....
    Wow, this sure is a bridge-building comment to make to us.

    As for off-topic posts, they are left or moved at the discretion of an administrator. Typically, they are, in fact, moved to the appropriate board.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  13. #8
    Member Ichi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    203

    Default Re: Shabazz Muhammad

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wait... what?

    Yeah, I read that a few times lol. I think he meant UCLA isn't as big as the other schools in basketball currently.. Not like UCLA is a football school or anything..

  14. #9
    Resident UNLV Fan
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UTAH
    Posts
    9

    Default Re: Shabazz Muhammad

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow, this sure is a bridge-building comment to make to us.

    As for off-topic posts, they are left or moved at the discretion of an administrator. Typically, they are, in fact, moved to the appropriate board.
    I came here back in December....as you can see...and posted a bunch of good info on amundson.....I guess one of those posts actually got posted? I'm not sure what happened to the other 8 or 9....I guess I don't know how to build bridges....I never posted anything but positive, contributing info....

    Ive just been around these type of forums for many moons...lmaybe I overreacted, but I just assumed, like many boards, you could post an off-topic message, to the main board ( the busiest one), if it was a breaking news type info.....I guess that's not the case here, I apologize for overreacting.

  15. #10
    one long Grimp-season ECKrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    23
    Posts
    3,830

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Shabazz Muhammad

    Ya, I just meant UCLA isn't currently a college basketball powerhouse like Duke, Kentucky, etc.

  16. #11
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,251
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Shabazz Muhammad

    Im glad little ***** couldn't reload with the two top players. IU is back, baby!
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  17. #12
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,250

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Shabazz Muhammad

    Quote Originally Posted by PurduePacer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ya, I just meant UCLA isn't currently a college basketball powerhouse like Duke, Kentucky, etc.
    UCLA has been to 3 Final Fours in the last 7 years and are the undisputed premier program in college basketball history.

    Since 2006, Kentucky has been 2 Final Fours and Duke has been to 1.

    I would say UCLA is the very definition of a basketball powerhouse.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:


  19. #13
    Dood. Ownagedood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Franklin
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,623

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Shabazz Muhammad

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    UCLA has been to 3 Final Fours in the last 7 years and are the undisputed premier program in college basketball history.

    Since 2006, Kentucky has been 2 Final Fours and Duke has been to 1.

    I would say UCLA is the very definition of a basketball powerhouse.
    No doubt, but talking about most recently, UCLA has really been in the dumps. I'm sure they will turn it around, especially now. Last four years they have only made the tournament twice and have failed to make it out of the second round. Last year they finished 6th in a weak Pac 12 conference.. So you could agree they have been no where near the top ranks the past few years like they usually are or like the Kentucky/Duke type teams have

  20. #14
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,439

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Shabazz Muhammad

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    UCLA has been to 3 Final Fours in the last 7 years and are the undisputed premier program in college basketball history.

    Since 2006, Kentucky has been 2 Final Fours and Duke has been to 1.

    I would say UCLA is the very definition of a basketball powerhouse.
    Yeah, it's amazing how quickly people forget. The Bruins have basically only had two off kilter seasons recently and people act like they haven't been relevant in 30 years. They are getting Shabazz and another top 10 recruit, they will be back in the top 15 likely next year, and hopefully Arizona can also help re-vitalize that conference.


    Also, that Adidas maneuver is really creative if this is truly what motivated it. It may be shady, but I have to give them credit for being creative.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  21. #15
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    19,878

    Default Re: Shabazz Muhammad

    Also, that Adidas maneuver is really creative if this is truly what motivated it. It may be shady, but I have to give them credit for being creative.
    ...and if that shoe cash his sister got finds it way to him? Let alone... is it supposed to as part of some wink and nod deal?
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  22. #16
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,439

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Shabazz Muhammad

    No punishment for a family member giving you cash right?

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  23. #17
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,192
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Shabazz Muhammad

    The NBA should just let these kids go pro...If they're good enough to be paid to play basketball, they absolutely will find a way to get paid, regardless of where they are playing.

  24. #18
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,794

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Shabazz Muhammad

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No punishment for a family member giving you cash right?
    That was established with Cam Newton.

  25. #19
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,192
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Shabazz Muhammad

    For the record, I think the NFL should let kids come out of high school too. That would only last one year though after the first high schooler died of sheer terror after running up against Ray Lewis.

  26. #20

    Default Re: Shabazz Muhammad

    You have a coach that ALLOWS one of his PETS to HURT other team members in practice. This is beyond contention, apparently. Yet they didn't fire him. Of course, if he went over the NCAA texting limit, his *** would've been gone long ago.

    Hard to get into the mindset of someone like Howland.

  27. #21
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,439

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Shabazz Muhammad

    What are you talking about VDG?

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  28. #22
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,250

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Shabazz Muhammad

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What are you talking about VDG?
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...cla/index.html
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-07-2009, 05:50 PM
  2. Francis hit with lawsuit
    By Hicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-17-2005, 10:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •