Thread: This season from an outsiders perspective.

Bennettsville, SC

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default This season from an outsiders perspective.

Let me preface this by saying I have been an Indiana Pacers fan since I was in about 3rd grade. I grew up about 4 hours away from Indianapolis and I now live in South Carolina, so while I do have league pass I do not have access to a lot of the local media or see a lot of the goings on around the city. While home for Spring Break I decided to make my annual pilgrimage to the fieldhouse (while I still live a ways away I make it a point to get to at least 1 home game per year). I gotta tell ya, I was caught off guard big time in a positive way.

Again, my drive takes about 4 hours. I turn on 1070 and listen to Dackich and JMV. In the past the topics would center around who the Colts 3rd string center should be and what 3 star player IU is recruiting in the class of 2021. On the radio today I heard about 60% talk about the Pacers. I had to make sure the channel on the radio was right.

When I got into Indy I was in for a big shock. In previous years I would not see anyone in Pacers garb outside of a 2 block radius of the fieldhouse, even on gamedays. Today, while walking around the town, even blocks away from the Fieldhouse I must have spotted 15 different people with Pacer stuff on. 2 of them even saw me and said go Pacers.

Even at the game tonight, while attendance was far from great, there was a lot of noise and energy. When the Raptors were shooting ft's the place got louder than about any other game I remember from the last few years.

I know people have been down and out with the team over the past couple seasons. But I really think this ship is in the process of being turned around. It seems as if Indy is getting excited about the Pacers again. Here is hoping for a long, deep playoff run to excite people even more!

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked