Thread: Pacers - Magic

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Pacers - Magic

So if Orlando wants to have any shot of keeping Dwight around I think they will need to get Deron Williams this off-season.

Orlando is in a financial crunch as it is, if they want to do this they will need to find a taker for Jameer and Hideo.

What do you guys think about trading for Jameer, JJ Redick, Danial Orton, their 1st this year a future 1st for our future 2nd lets say Lance.

I know that Orlando would still have to make a ton of moves after this which make this unlikely, but this would free up a ton of cap space for them to work with.

If they could get Hedo off the books as well, they would be able to make a serious run at Williams.

Also Redic and Jameer's contracts are coming off the books after next season so we would still have room to sign guys.

Also a lot hinges on signing George and Hibbert first, it all depends on what happens with their qualifying offers.

Finished writing this and realized there is 0 chance of this happening at all, but it would be interesting to see what you guys think about it, or if you would be willing to take on any contracts that come with picks for next year.

Possibly from a team like Dallas, who will be very close money-wise to sign Deron Williams.
    Why so SERIOUS

Default Re: Pacers - Magic

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So if Orlando wants to have any shot of keeping Dwight around I think they will need to get Deron Williams this off-season.

Orlando is in a financial crunch as it is, if they want to do this they will need to find a taker for Jameer and Hideo.

What do you guys think about trading for Jameer, JJ Redick, Danial Orton, their 1st this year a future 1st for our future 2nd lets say Lance.

I know that Orlando would still have to make a ton of moves after this which make this unlikely, but this would free up a ton of cap space for them to work with.

If they could get Hedo off the books as well, they would be able to make a serious run at Williams.

Also Redic and Jameer's contracts are coming off the books after next season so we would still have room to sign guys.

Also a lot hinges on signing George and Hibbert first, it all depends on what happens with their qualifying offers.

Finished writing this and realized there is 0 chance of this happening at all, but it would be interesting to see what you guys think about it, or if you would be willing to take on any contracts that come with picks for next year.

Possibly from a team like Dallas, who will be very close money-wise to sign Deron Williams.
    This trade only helps Orlando. We get bench players so they have cap room to sign Williams. I would rather go after Williams.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The only thing I like is getting JJ. He is instant offense, but at a position where we are stacked. Besides, everything he can do, well D-Will can do better.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

Sports Logo

No thanks.

I don't like the players we are getting and two future 20+ picks don't make up for it. We're #3 in the East, lotto teams like Minnny should be doing these deals, not us

And honestly, I don't want us to be that team that helped Orlando get Dwight and Deron. I'd much rather see them both go to the West, which is what's going to happen if Orlando are unable to free cap space.
    Quote Originally Posted by Piston Prince
    Bobcat fans telling us to cheer up = epic fail season
    "Josh Smith Re-building the city of Detroit one brick at a time"

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by troyc11a View Post
    This trade only helps Orlando. We get bench players so they have cap room to sign Williams. I would rather go after Williams.
    Somewhat, all of these players contracts are expiring, I think the biggest thing is we are already deep at those positions, but getting a 1st, and Danial Orton, who has the potential to be a good backup in the NBA would not be too bad.
    Why so SERIOUS