Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
Results 276 to 300 of 300

Thread: 4/9/2012 Game Thread #57: Pacers Vs. Raptors

  1. #276
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,499

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 4/9/2012 Game Thread #57: Pacers Vs. Raptors

    Hill with the dagger!

  2. #277
    Member TOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,854

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 4/9/2012 Game Thread #57: Pacers Vs. Raptors

    Game!!!!

  3. #278
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,251
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 4/9/2012 Game Thread #57: Pacers Vs. Raptors

    George Hill gettin backpacks!
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  4. #279
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,860

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 4/9/2012 Game Thread #57: Pacers Vs. Raptors

    Thank you, George Hill

  5. #280
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,251
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 4/9/2012 Game Thread #57: Pacers Vs. Raptors

    Damn they just wont give up.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  6. #281
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,251
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 4/9/2012 Game Thread #57: Pacers Vs. Raptors

    Ahhhh hahahaha Area 55 singing "hey hey hey, goodbye!" Always a good thing.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:


  8. #282
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,499

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 4/9/2012 Game Thread #57: Pacers Vs. Raptors

    Amir Johnson is trying to steal this one

  9. #283
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,860

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 4/9/2012 Game Thread #57: Pacers Vs. Raptors

    I really did not know that Amir Johnson could hit 3s

  10. #284

    Default Re: 4/9/2012 Game Thread #57: Pacers Vs. Raptors

    Casey about to punch out his staff or something.

  11. #285
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,383

    Default Re: 4/9/2012 Game Thread #57: Pacers Vs. Raptors

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really did not know that Amir Johnson could hit 3s
    Amir Johnson didn't know either.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:


  13. #286
    Member TOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,854

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 4/9/2012 Game Thread #57: Pacers Vs. Raptors

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really did not know that Amir Johnson could hit 3s
    He's no Jeff Foster


  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TOP For This Useful Post:


  15. #287
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,251
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 4/9/2012 Game Thread #57: Pacers Vs. Raptors

    PAUL GEORGE!
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  16. #288
    STRAIGHT UP pizza guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,011
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 4/9/2012 Game Thread #57: Pacers Vs. Raptors

    should not have ended up this close, but a win is a win
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

    @The_Real_CJake

  17. #289
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,499

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 4/9/2012 Game Thread #57: Pacers Vs. Raptors

    I'm not going to lie, this group of referees has been horrendous. Late whistles on fouls more often than not, ignoring blatant hacks, calling a lot of touch fouls.

    And that was almost a ridiculously bad decision by West.

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:


  19. #290
    Member TOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,854

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 4/9/2012 Game Thread #57: Pacers Vs. Raptors

    Pacers win!



  20. #291
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,383

    Default Re: 4/9/2012 Game Thread #57: Pacers Vs. Raptors

    Every game won by five points.

  21. #292
    You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    honolulu
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,872
    Mood

    Default Re: 4/9/2012 Game Thread #57: Pacers Vs. Raptors

    I guess we survived the pummelling from Cassius Kleiza to hold on to this one.

  22. #293
    On the Vogel Wagon gummy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    3,915
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 4/9/2012 Game Thread #57: Pacers Vs. Raptors

    Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    And that was almost a ridiculously bad decision by West.
    But what it ended up being was an excellent outlet pass.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

    "Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

    Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

  23. #294
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    14,973

    Default Re: 4/9/2012 Game Thread #57: Pacers Vs. Raptors

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, defense is half the game. I agree. I'd have no problem for Hill to be starting if it was for defensive reasons.

    But people need to realize that he is a worse offensive player than DC. Hill is streaky. DC is more consistent.

    If people understand this and want to start Hill for defensive purposes, I'd have no problem with it.
    While I would probably conclude DC has the edge offensively, the difference isn't great. Hill only plays 23 minutes to Collison's 32...yet they average 8.7 and 10.7ppg respectively. ...and tonight he's racked up 18 points on 9 shots while grabbing 7 boards, 4 assists and zero turnovers. There's a strong argument Hill is more explosive but I'll give that one to Collison because with defense it's not close....one reason Calderon scored a total of 5 points tonight.

  24. #295
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,499

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 4/9/2012 Game Thread #57: Pacers Vs. Raptors

    Quote Originally Posted by gummy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But what it ended up being was an excellent outlet pass.
    I know, a medium-risk, extremely high reward thing, but my heart still dropped when he threw it. Especially cuz if he overthrew it, which he's inclined to do when he does miss, they get like 10 seconds to draw up a play for a 3 pointer at their end

  25. #296
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    7,920

    Default Re: 4/9/2012 Game Thread #57: Pacers Vs. Raptors

    So close to winning guess the score, stupid not just letting the game end.

  26. #297
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,860

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 4/9/2012 Game Thread #57: Pacers Vs. Raptors

    Well, this was a weird way to end the game. Nice outlet by David West and nice fast-break dunk by PG.

    Apparently, the team decided to make it less boring by blowing the lead. I hope that we realized that every team can come back and that we cannot afford to blow leads.

    However, we still won the game. So, I'm happy

  27. #298
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,860

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 4/9/2012 Game Thread #57: Pacers Vs. Raptors

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Every game won by five points.
    It's those kind of games that end up padding our Close Game Win %

  28. #299
    Born ready? TheDavisBrothers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Davenport, IA
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,478
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 4/9/2012 Game Thread #57: Pacers Vs. Raptors

    Anybody making a postgame?

    Nm there it is...
    Last edited by TheDavisBrothers; 04-09-2012 at 09:46 PM.

  29. #300
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,860

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 4/9/2012 Game Thread #57: Pacers Vs. Raptors

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    While I would probably conclude DC has the edge offensively, the difference isn't great.
    The difference is not that great, I agree. Which is why I'm not against Hill starting. But there is a difference. And we have understood this difference when Hill goes cold for a game or two.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hill only plays 23 minutes to Collison's 32...yet they average 8.7 and 10.7ppg respectively.
    True. But Hill averages 10.5 FGAs per 36 while DC averages 10.1 FGAs per 36. He would actually score more than DC if he played DC's minutes. But he'd average 1.9 Assists less than DC (5.5 to 3.6). He also shoots a lot more 3s than Collison. Hill shoots 4.1 3s per 36 (2.7 per 24) while DC shoots 1.8 per 36 (1.6 per 32). As we all know Collison mostly prefers mid range jumpers and floaters. Hill prefers to shoot 3s although he has a decent game around the basket.

    It's mostly a matter of preference. Both players can be effective. But Hill is streaky. Which is why Hill has the green light to score off the bench while DC is mainly tasked to initiate the offense.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...and tonight he's racked up 18 points on 9 shots while grabbing 7 boards, 4 assists and zero turnovers.
    Great stat-line. He played very nice tonight. However, his game showcased that pointing is not really his forte. Scoring and defense is. We won so I'll take it.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    one reason Calderon scored a total of 5 points tonight.
    Calderon scored 8 points

    Hill's defense was quite good on Calderon but it's important to notice that Calderon takes some nights off of scoring (or shooting in general).

    Tonight, he took 6 shots. And while you can attribute this to Hill's good defense (he played him correctly, not living him enough space to shoot), one could point out their recent (April 3) game against the Bobcats in which Calderon played 33 minutes and only shot 2 times (both 3s).

    Calderon has the Nash syndrome. Try to score 10 and spent the rest of the game racking up assists. Hey, I cannot blame him. It works well for him most of the time.

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Game Thread 11: Pacers @ Raptors 1/13/2012
    By Trader Joe in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 636
    Last Post: 01-13-2012, 10:23 PM
  2. 12/10/2008 Game Thread #21: Pacers at Raptors
    By BostonConnection in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 200
    Last Post: 12-11-2008, 12:31 PM
  3. 04/11/2005 Game Thread: Pacers vs Raptors
    By BostonConnection in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 121
    Last Post: 04-11-2005, 10:25 PM
  4. 02/02/2005 Game Thread: Pacers vs Raptors
    By BostonConnection in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 02-03-2005, 02:35 AM
  5. Wow. Did I miss this somewhere else (new Raptors coach is
    By ChicagoJ in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-30-2004, 08:27 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •