Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 300

Thread: 4/9/2012 Game Thread #57: Pacers Vs. Raptors

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    streets ahead
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    DC
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,754

    Default 4/9/2012 Game Thread #57: Pacers Vs. Raptors

    BEAT THE BARNEYS


    -VS-



    Game Time Start: 7:00 PM ET
    Where: The Fieldhouse, Indianapolis, IN
    Officials: D. Crawford, T. Brothers, M. Kogut

    Media Notes: Indiana Notes, Toronto Notes
    Local TV: FSI
    Local Radio: WIBC 93.1 FM
    NBA Feeds:


    REMINDER: Per PD policy, please do not share a link to, describe how to search for, request a link to, or request a PM about streaming video of a NBA game that is not coming directly through the NBA. Not even in a "wink-wink, nudge-nudge, know-what-I-mean" round-about sort of way. Thank you



    Season Records: (W-L)
    34-22
    (Home: 18-8)
    20-37
    (Away: 9-19)
    Upcoming Games:
    Apr 11
    Apr 13
    Apr 14
    Apr 16
    Apr 17
    at vs at vs at
    7:00 pm
    7:00 pm
    8:30 pm
    7:00 pm
    7:00 pm


    Projected Starting Lineup:
    C
    PF
    SF
    SG
    PG
    HIBBERT
    WEST
    GRANGER
    GEORGE
    HILL
    Projected Starting Lineup:
    C
    PF
    SF
    SG
    PG
    GRAY
    JOHNSON
    ANDERSON
    DeROZAN
    CALDERON


    Pacers
    Kyrylo Fesenko, getting into wacky hijinks in Point Place, WI, out

    Thunder
    Andrea Bargnani, left calf tightness, probable
    Jerry Bayless, torn oblique muscle, out
    Jose Calderon, swollen right eye, probable
    Gary Forbes, sore left knee, probable



    Minimally Relevant Video:


    Semi-Relevant Video:


    Eight Points, Nine Seconds Preview Review:
    Tim Donahue: Danny Granger Playing As Well As He Ever Has

    the Indiana Pacers turned in a very strong performance to beat one of the
    best teams — if not the best team — in the league: the Oklahoma City
    Thunder. While dominant for two and a half quarters, the Pacers had to
    withstand a sublime performance by Kevin Durant and a furious comeback
    by the Thunder.

    Withstand it they did, and it was largely thanks to yet another great fourth-
    quarter performance by Danny Granger. “The Captain” — as he is called in
    pre-game introductions — delivered 13 points and grabbed 3 offensive
    rebounds in the final 12 minutes as Indy gutted out their 34th win of the
    season to open their lead for the third seed to a game-and-a-half.

    Danny Granger delivering in the fourth is becoming a common occurrence
    these days. Overall, Granger is playing some of the best ball of his career.
    Consider these factoids obtained using stats provided by the NBA:

    Over the last five games, Granger is averaging 24.6 points per
    game on almost 54% shooting. If you look at the advanced
    statistics of effective field goal percentage (eFG%) and true
    shooting percentage (TS%), which take into account three
    pointers and overall scoring efficiency, his numbers are
    astronomical. His eFG% is .619, and his TS% is .656.

    Paring it down to just the fourth quarter is even more impressive.
    In his four fourth-quarter performances alone (he sat the entire
    4th in the Washington blowout), he has averaged 11.5 points
    (translates to over 41 points on a per-36 minute basis) while
    shooting almost 70% in normal FG%. He has hit 7 of his 8 three-
    point attempts, and his eFG% is a positively jaw-dropping .848.

    The question early in the season was, "What’s wrong with Danny Granger?"
    After a win in January where Danny played well, but drew a lot of front
    iron, I asked him he thought his legs weren’t as strong as he wanted or
    needed them to be. His basic response was that no, they weren’t, but in a
    compressed season, there was little to be done about it other than fight
    through it.

    Before last night’s game, I caught up to Danny and asked him if his body
    felt better, or if he’d just adapted to the wear-and-tear. He opted to
    answer more about...CONTINUE READING AT 8p9s


    Raptors Republic
    If you’re more “sports fan” than “basketball fan” in Toronto, you’re probably
    not reading this. The Leafs are eliminated (mercifully, finally), yes, but the
    boys of summer have started back up and have their home opener tonight.
    The Rogers Centre will be packed with 50,000 to see Henderson Alvarez
    shut down the Massholes.

    If you’re strictly a “Raptor fan,” or card-carrying member of Tank Nation™,
    then your eyes will be on the Raptors in Basketball Country, Indiana. Of
    course, while the Pacers jockey for playoff seeding, currently sitting 3rd in
    the East by the narrowest of margins, the Raptors are jockeying for ping
    pong balls. A streak of 4 wins in 5 games had dropped the Raptors all the
    way to 7th in lottery odds, but a pair of losses over the weekend has them
    right back in the mix at 6th but just a game from returning to 4th. That 3-
    spot slide is a 7.6% slide in chances of getting uber-prospect Anthony Davis
    as the new “face” of the franchise. Should we lose for mere percentage
    points, and forego the "intangible" value of winning now?

    Rest assured, as much as the fanbases may want to forego it, this game will
    actually be played on the hardwood. The Pacers have won the previous
    meetings by scores of 90-85 and 95-90, so betting on a 5-point loss seems
    prudent. Hollinger sees it as a 9-point game, which could be exaggerated by
    the rested nature of Indiana, the Raptors on a travel back-to-back, and
    Andrea Bargnani’s status being doubtful, as his calf tightened up again in
    yesterday’s game against the Thunder. Bargs’ status is yet to be confirmed
    by the team, but it seems incredibly risky to play him just a day after re-
    aggravating an injury that has put him on the shelf twice this year.

    The tale of the tape is below. You can expect an iso-heavy attack from the
    Pacers that will see them spend a lot of time at the line. If Bargs’ can’t go,
    the team is simply too undermanned to keep up. Ed Davis and Amir
    Johnson will likely be in foul trouble against Roy Hibbert and David West,
    while Danny Granger and Paul George shouldn’t face too much opposition
    on the wings. DeMar DeRozan had a horribly inefficient game against the
    Thunder, and with George having become a premiere wing defender in just
    his sophomore season...CONTINUE READING AT RAPTORS REPUBLIC
    Last edited by avoidingtheclowns; 04-09-2012 at 06:10 PM.
    This is the darkest timeline.

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to avoidingtheclowns For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Pacers fan in FL Deadshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    FLORIDA
    Posts
    1,936

    Default Re: 4/9/2012 Game Thread #57: Pacers Vs. Raptors

    Per David Benner Twitter:

    George Hill gets the start tonight Vs. Raptors; Darren Collison out with sore groin

  4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Deadshot For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Member Stuckey7370's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Princeton, IN
    Posts
    510

    Default Re: 4/9/2012 Game Thread #57: Pacers Vs. Raptors

    No Bargnani

    Toronto Raptors ‏ @RI_Raptors

    Raptors : #Raptors : Andrea Bargnani-F : will not play on Monday vs the Pacers. http://bit.ly/HuKRkr
    http://twitter.com/#!/RI_Raptors

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stuckey7370 For This Useful Post:


  7. #4
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,526

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 4/9/2012 Game Thread #57: Pacers Vs. Raptors

    Quote Originally Posted by Stuckey7370 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    I'm sure David and Tyler are very happy they at least have a chance to not be burned repeatedly tonight.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:


  9. #5
    Member TOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,871

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 4/9/2012 Game Thread #57: Pacers Vs. Raptors

    Go Pacers!



    Already thought the Pacers would win but hopefully Bargs being out seals it.

  10. #6

    Default Re: 4/9/2012 Game Thread #57: Pacers Vs. Raptors

    its about damn time we get to see GH3 in the starting lineup

  11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PacerPenguins For This Useful Post:


  12. #7
    Member The Godfather's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Fishers, IN
    Posts
    71

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 4/9/2012 Game Thread #57: Pacers Vs. Raptors

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    its about damn time we get to see GH3 in the starting lineup
    Couldn't agree more.
    PACE YOURSELF

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to The Godfather For This Useful Post:


  14. #8
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,551

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 4/9/2012 Game Thread #57: Pacers Vs. Raptors

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    its about damn time we get to see GH3 in the starting lineup
    Yeah....but do you think that Vogel would have done this IF it weren't for a groin injury to DC?

    It's not like Vogel had any choice and something finally made sense. Add in that DC has actually been doing fairly well as of late.
    Last edited by CableKC; 04-09-2012 at 06:32 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  15. #9
    Looking like a season JB24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    693

    Default Re: 4/9/2012 Game Thread #57: Pacers Vs. Raptors

    Who the F is this Alan Anderson?!

  16. #10
    Member TOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,871

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 4/9/2012 Game Thread #57: Pacers Vs. Raptors

    Quote Originally Posted by JB24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who the F is this Alan Anderson?!
    The future three point champion?



    Guy won't miss. 4/4 from three

  17. #11
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,950

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 4/9/2012 Game Thread #57: Pacers Vs. Raptors

    Quote Originally Posted by JB24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who the F is this Alan Anderson?!
    A SG/SF who has had a quite good career in the Euroleague.

  18. #12

    Default Re: 4/9/2012 Game Thread #57: Pacers Vs. Raptors

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    its about damn time we get to see GH3 in the starting lineup
    George Hill actually has not been doing too well as PG for the second unit so far, we'll see how he does with the first unit. Hope DC feels better soon, we need him at his best for the playoffs.

  19. #13
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,950

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 4/9/2012 Game Thread #57: Pacers Vs. Raptors

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    its about damn time we get to see GH3 in the starting lineup
    It will certainly answer some questions.

  20. #14
    Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    23
    Posts
    4,017

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 4/9/2012 Game Thread #57: Pacers Vs. Raptors

    so will AJ get some time then?

  21. #15
    crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    7,351

    Default Re: 4/9/2012 Game Thread #57: Pacers Vs. Raptors

    This new NBA action piece is very good.

  22. #16
    Grumpy Old Man (PD host) able's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    8,699

    Default Re: 4/9/2012 Game Thread #57: Pacers Vs. Raptors

    For those of you who haven't noticed, the 2nd unit with GH @ point (since LB) is actually not that functional as when GH plays SG

    He is NOT a good PG, in fact nowhere near that. however he is a very nice SG.

    we will miss DC badly, I am sure.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

    If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!


  23. The Following User Says Thank You to able For This Useful Post:


  24. #17
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,950

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 4/9/2012 Game Thread #57: Pacers Vs. Raptors

    Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For those of you who haven't noticed, the 2nd unit with GH @ point (since LB) is actually not that functional as when GH plays SG

    He is NOT a good PG, in fact nowhere near that. however he is a very nice SG.

    we will miss DC badly, I am sure.
    I agree completely. But this game will just let more people see it. Which is why I consider it a good turn of events

  25. #18
    On the Vogel Wagon gummy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    3,921
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 4/9/2012 Game Thread #57: Pacers Vs. Raptors

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree completely. But this game will just let more people see it. Which is why I consider it a good turn of events
    Not sure about that. We may need to see it against a higher quality opponent before Hill proponents accept it.

    And of course he could be spectacular or terrible this one night but that doesn't tell the story of it.

    All I know is he hasn't been as good at the PG with the second unit as I expected, certainly hasn't done anything that makes me think he deserves to be the starting point. But who knows, maybe he'll be better with the starters. His defense should at least be helpful.
    Last edited by gummy; 04-09-2012 at 07:17 PM.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

    "Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

    Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

  26. #19
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,950

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 4/9/2012 Game Thread #57: Pacers Vs. Raptors

    Quote Originally Posted by gummy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not sure about that. We may need to see it against a higher quality opponent before Hill proponents accept it.

    And of course he could be spectacular or terrible this one night but that doesn't tell the story of it.

    All I know is he hasn't been as good at the PG with the second unit as I expected, certainly hasn't done anything that makes me think he deserves to be the starting point. But who knows, maybe he'll be better with the starters. His defense should at least be helpful.
    I completely agree. It's just nice that we at least have a chance to see him there.

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  28. #20
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,163

    Default Re: 4/9/2012 Game Thread #57: Pacers Vs. Raptors

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree completely. But this game will just let more people see it. Which is why I consider it a good turn of events
    Um...yeh. Hill has the best plus/minus of the starters and we're up 15 after 3 quarters. Playing better without Collison actually.

  29. #21
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,271
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 4/9/2012 Game Thread #57: Pacers Vs. Raptors

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Um...yeh. Hill has the best plus/minus of the starters and we're up 15 after 3 quarters. Playing better without Collison actually.
    There is a reason half the board has been lobbying for Hill to start.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  30. #22
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,454

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 4/9/2012 Game Thread #57: Pacers Vs. Raptors

    I don't want Kleiza touching the ball anymore

  31. #23
    Born ready? TheDavisBrothers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Davenport, IA
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,478
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 4/9/2012 Game Thread #57: Pacers Vs. Raptors

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Um...yeh. Hill has the best plus/minus of the starters and we're up 15 after 3 quarters. Playing better without Collison actually.
    I want Hill to start too, but let's not forget this is the Raptors, without their best player, and he's being guarded by Calderon...

  32. #24
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,950

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 4/9/2012 Game Thread #57: Pacers Vs. Raptors

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Um...yeh. Hill has the best plus/minus of the starters and we're up 15 after 3 quarters. Playing better without Collison actually.
    Hill is playing nice but it's quite clear that he isn't pointing anything. He is doing a good job in defense and scoring, though.

    I don't think we look necessarily good tonight, though.

  33. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  34. #25
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,163

    Default Re: 4/9/2012 Game Thread #57: Pacers Vs. Raptors

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hill is playing nice but it's quite clear that he isn't pointing anything. He is doing a good job in defense and scoring, though.

    I don't think we look necessarily good tonight, though.
    "Nice pass from George Hill to a dunking Danny Granger..."

    I realize Hill isn't Steve Nash or even a cheap imitation...but just on the basis of defense he's the better player at the PG position. He's just about as capable at scoring the ball as Collison...but defense is half the game.

Similar Threads

  1. Game Thread 11: Pacers @ Raptors 1/13/2012
    By Trader Joe in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 636
    Last Post: 01-13-2012, 10:23 PM
  2. 12/10/2008 Game Thread #21: Pacers at Raptors
    By BostonConnection in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 200
    Last Post: 12-11-2008, 12:31 PM
  3. 04/11/2005 Game Thread: Pacers vs Raptors
    By BostonConnection in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 121
    Last Post: 04-11-2005, 10:25 PM
  4. 02/02/2005 Game Thread: Pacers vs Raptors
    By BostonConnection in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 02-03-2005, 02:35 AM
  5. Wow. Did I miss this somewhere else (new Raptors coach is
    By ChicagoJ in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-30-2004, 08:27 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •