Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 118

Thread: This is priceless for multiple reasons (must watch) SVG and Dwight

  1. #76

    Default Re: This is priceless for multiple reasons (must watch) SVG and Dwight

    This was discussed at the halftime of tonight's Magic/Knicks game


  2. #77
    Member spreedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,530

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: This is priceless for multiple reasons (must watch) SVG and Dwight

    Keep on grinding those axes, Shaq... it's not like you are supposed to provide actual analysis or anything. Seemed like he was just rehashing the same stupid things he said about SVG six years ago.

  3. #78

    Default Re: This is priceless for multiple reasons (must watch) SVG and Dwight

    I think it turned out perfect for how all of them handled the situation. Howard winds up looking like an ***, SVG will get fired and management will have to watch their team suffer till the mess is settled. The only real losers are the fans... as it always seems to be.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to geetee For This Useful Post:


  5. #79
    Member spreedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,530

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: This is priceless for multiple reasons (must watch) SVG and Dwight

    Agreed, and honestly, I rarely feel that badly for coaches that get fired, because for one thing it's an inevitability, and for another they all have pretty awesome salaries.

  6. #80
    Since 1984 1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,802

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: This is priceless for multiple reasons (must watch) SVG and Dwight

    Dear Dwight,

    You would never want to fire Frank Vogel. You'd also like to play beside Roy Hibbert and Danny Granger. In addition, blue and gold is sweet and our money is just as green as their money.

  7. #81
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Dillon, Co
    Posts
    3,869

    Default Re: This is priceless for multiple reasons (must watch) SVG and Dwight

    With the Orlando loss tonight they move down to 6th. which means we would face them if the playoffs were today.
    Maybe the sixers could move back into 6th. I'd much rather face the sixers or Atlanta.

  8. #82
    You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    honolulu
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,862
    Mood

    Default Re: This is priceless for multiple reasons (must watch) SVG and Dwight

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The mid range shot is the worst shot in basketball....
    Well, it is for Dwight, about 15-feet out...

  9. #83
    B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Basketball heartland
    Posts
    2,159

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: This is priceless for multiple reasons (must watch) SVG and Dwight

    If I remeber correctly, didn't Shaq have issues with Dwight Howard also. I think it was over Dwight trying to steal Shaq's Superman thing.

  10. #84
    Can see thru wooden doors dal9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,794

    Default Re: This is priceless for multiple reasons (must watch) SVG and Dwight

    Quote Originally Posted by Haywoode Workman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    couldn't make it through. just too uncomfortable.
    it was awkward as hell

    howard tonight : 40 mins, 8 pts 8 rebs, 5 tos...

  11. #85
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: This is priceless for multiple reasons (must watch) SVG and Dwight

    Dwight is really turning out to be a huge *****.

    At least with some guys you see it coming. He is really trying to be a douche but without the sack to man up to it. Just being a little sneak.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:


  13. #86
    Member spreedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,530

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: This is priceless for multiple reasons (must watch) SVG and Dwight

    He didn't do himself any favors right around the deadline to exercise his player option for next season, that's for sure. Up until that point I don't think he did much (publicly) that was too out of place. But since then it seems like everything he says has an agenda.

    I still really like him though, and I look forward to enjoying his play once this whole mess is figured out. My best guess is that the Magic ride things out next season, and unless they make wholesale improvements to that roster, he'll bolt to Dallas to play with Deron and a settled-in-to-his-role Dirk.

  14. #87
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,272

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: This is priceless for multiple reasons (must watch) SVG and Dwight

    Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He didn't do himself any favors right around the deadline to exercise his player option for next season, that's for sure. Up until that point I don't think he did much (publicly) that was too out of place. But since then it seems like everything he says has an agenda.

    I still really like him though, and I look forward to enjoying his play once this whole mess is figured out. My best guess is that the Magic ride things out next season, and unless they make wholesale improvements to that roster, he'll bolt to Dallas to play with Deron and a settled-in-to-his-role Dirk.
    There is no way that anyone can improve that roster. There are too many long term contracts that other teams won't want to take back.

    I'm thinking that SVG will be sent packing after the Magic lose in the first round.....the Magic will take offers for Dwight during the off season....if they don't get the offers that they want....their new Coach will see what they can do with the current roster .....figure out that they can't do it with Dwight...then package him for whatever best fits the style of the new coach. Either way....Dwight will not be in a Magic uniform by the 2013 trade deadline.
    Last edited by CableKC; 04-06-2012 at 12:52 AM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  15. #88
    #RiseOfTheKing imbtyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Nashville, IN
    Posts
    1,630
    Mood

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: This is priceless for multiple reasons (must watch) SVG and Dwight

    As a mediocre Magic fan, I would love nothing less than for SVG to be out. He's a joke (literally, have you heard Dwight's crappy impersonation?). He's not the best coach for Dwight, and if he truly told management that he wanted a different coach, Dwight's nowhere near the wrong. The Magic FO made it obvious that they'd do anything to keep D12 around. Why wouldn't that stem as far as finding a coach who can utilize the pieces they have? Why is that such a bad thing?

    It's obvious that there were Pacers who were doing everything to hold themselves back from telling Larry that they wanted O'Voldemort fired. If it had been a situation where we were waiting for Roy or Paul to sign an extension, but one of the main reasons they wouldn't was because of You-Know-Who, then you'd bet your *** they'd be making statements to management.

    If Otis Smith wants to keep Dwight around for longer than next season, not only will they have to bring in a new, Phil Jackson-esque coach, but they'll have to shed and trade a lot of the cancerous, useless players on the team. Monta Ellis and Wilson Chandler would have put the Magic in our place in the Eastern standings. I imagine that they'll be trying to shed a lot of salary this offseason to make moves during FA. Otherwise, the Magic are doomed to go nowhere in 2012-13. Of course, that means nothing to me, because, as long as the Magic are playing poorly, the Pacers will be playing better than them. However, if the Magic are playing poorly, Dwight won't be staying around any longer. I feel he's just waiting to see where Deron Williams goes, hence waiving his ETO.

    'Twould be nice to get him in the Blue and Gold, though. Especially if Roy p****es out and signs elsewhere this offseason. I don't think he'd do that to us, though, after all that this organization has done to make him feel at home. A one-two punch of Roy and Dwight would be stellar, though. /pipedream


    Just my .
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.



  16. #89
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,452

    Default Re: This is priceless for multiple reasons (must watch) SVG and Dwight

    Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is that really what he said? When I watched the video, what I took from it was "I have no control over what management does and I don't know their plans, so I'm not going to worry about it and will instead deflect every question to our next game." I get the impression (though I can't say for sure since all we've really seen is a four minute clip of an interview) that he deflected more than one opportunity to really shoot his mouth off about management and that he got tired of people asking so he said something pretty harmless. I don't think "If they fire me at 12:05, I'll go home and do something else" is the same as " you management, I'm pooping on your desks on my way out of the office with how you've left me out to dry here." He also didn't directly say "Dwight asked management to fire me" -- he said that is what he heard from the press. Big difference.


    And seriously, did you expect that he'd call Dwight out right to his face? On what planet does any coach ever do that to his star player in front of 20 reporters? Despite where Orlando is in the standings right now, Stan's goal is and has to be winning a championship. You don't do that by embarrassing your franchise player right to his face. Whether Dwight is a butthead for interrupting SVG's press conference to diffuse the situation is a different conversation, but I don't really think Van Gundy really said anything of substance during this clip, whatsoever.
    Yes he did, he said that right in the very first sentence in this video. He did not say he heard it from the press, he said he was told this by management.

    As to what planet does a coach do that to his star player? The same planet that he threw that star player under the bus just minutes before hand.

    You don't embarrass him to his face? Are you kidding me? So it's better to make the statments and then act all coy and inoccent and walk away leaving the player completely unaware of what was said so you emberrass him that way? That's better?

    I'll agree with you 100% on one thing though, Van Gundy didn't say anything of substance at all. But I have a feeling you and I will differ on that meaning.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:


  18. #90
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,452

    Default Re: This is priceless for multiple reasons (must watch) SVG and Dwight

    Also guys in regards to when Satan ruled our realm, yes our players made it very known to management that they did not want him to return. In fact they all but rioted when he was given an extension. That fact was confirmed by none other than Larry Bird at a press conf.

    Bob Kravitz told me once that there were several players that were very openly bitter about O'Brien still being here. Now we don't know who (well some of us do) but we know that it wasn't just one and it wasn't just the bench fodder.

    Remember at the year end meetings between players and management they will tell the players what they want them to work on over the summer but you can be assured that they ask certain players opinions of certain aspects of the team.

    I'm sure that Danny Grangers voice would carry more weight than Jeff Pendegraph's so it would be no suprise to me if Dwight's voice carried a lot of weight with the franchise.

    Also before we all cast Howard into the lake of fire let's not forget that NBA good guy and humanitarian Magic Johnson openly got Paul Westhead fired. So Howard would hardly be the first to ask for a coaching change.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  19. #91
    George Hill Apologist mattie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,501

    Default Re: This is priceless for multiple reasons (must watch) SVG and Dwight

    For whatever it's worth, three weeks ago I talked to the owner of my bar about my manager and got him fired within 24 hours because I was so sick of how poor he was at his job. He was terrible. I told the owner he had to go, or eventually we would go under. 24 hours later? He was done.

    This type of thing is not unique to professional sports.

  20. #92

    Default Re: This is priceless for multiple reasons (must watch) SVG and Dwight

    I can't even talk myself into watching this yet.

  21. #93
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,510

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: This is priceless for multiple reasons (must watch) SVG and Dwight

    SVG said he's known about this the entire season....but he waits until now to come out with it, when his team is nose-diving and he needs to deflect blame. Yep, a straight shooter.

    http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

    Mike Prada: SVG confirmed to @David Aldridge that he knew all season Dwight wanted him fired. Clearly, was just waiting for right moment to reveal Twitter

  22. #94
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,251
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: This is priceless for multiple reasons (must watch) SVG and Dwight

    I think this entire saga is comical.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  23. #95
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,794

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: This is priceless for multiple reasons (must watch) SVG and Dwight

    Here's what I learned in this thread. You can be a baby and hold an entire franchise hostage, down to your teammates all the way up to management, and when someone calls you out on your ********, the person doing the calling out is wrong.

    Amazing.

    How Stan handled the situation might not have been the best course of action, but seriously, do you really expect people to bend over, get screwed without any lube, and just keep their mouth shut while it happens?

    Think about that a little bit.

    No, if you were the one getting screwed over, you'd be pissed too, and when someone sticks a microphone in your face, why in the world would you defend the person that's ****ing you over?

    By focusing on Stan, you completely ignore Dwight, who is the main reason for this entire situation. He's the main reason why this situation has drug out for 2 seasons, and why it's going to drag out for yet another season.

    He's a child.

  24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:


  25. #96
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,918

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: This is priceless for multiple reasons (must watch) SVG and Dwight

    FWIW, my opinion lies somewhere in between what Peck said on page 1 and what Since just said.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post:

    J7F

  27. #97
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,605

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: This is priceless for multiple reasons (must watch) SVG and Dwight

    The Inside the NBA crew explained the mistake that Stan Van Gundy made better than anyone else in the media has described. Shaq's comments, a man who played for SVG in Miami, gave some very interesting insight on this situation. The best quote, IMO, is from Kenny Smith around the 3:10 mark.


    http://sports.yahoo.com/video/player...F#nba/28851160

  28. #98

    Default Re: This is priceless for multiple reasons (must watch) SVG and Dwight

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Here's what I learned in this thread. You can be a baby and hold an entire franchise hostage, down to your teammates all the way up to management, and when someone calls you out on your ********, the person doing the calling out is wrong.

    Amazing.

    How Stan handled the situation might not have been the best course of action, but seriously, do you really expect people to bend over, get screwed without any lube, and just keep their mouth shut while it happens?

    Think about that a little bit.

    No, if you were the one getting screwed over, you'd be pissed too, and when someone sticks a microphone in your face, why in the world would you defend the person that's ****ing you over?

    By focusing on Stan, you completely ignore Dwight, who is the main reason for this entire situation. He's the main reason why this situation has drug out for 2 seasons, and why it's going to drag out for yet another season.

    He's a child.
    Nailed it. Dwight is the reason the Magic are in such disarray, not Stan.
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

  29. #99
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: This is priceless for multiple reasons (must watch) SVG and Dwight

    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Inside the NBA crew explained the mistake that Stan Van Gundy made better than anyone else in the media has described. Shaq's comments, a man who played for SVG in Miami, gave some very interesting insight on this situation. The best quote, IMO, is from Kenny Smith around the 3:10 mark.


    http://sports.yahoo.com/video/player...F#nba/28851160
    The thing is, Shaq was a bit of a bridge burner in his career too, so it's hard for me to take him very seriously on this topic.

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  31. #100
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,605

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: This is priceless for multiple reasons (must watch) SVG and Dwight

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The thing is, Shaq was a bit of a bridge burger in his career too, so it's hard for me to take him very seriously on this topic.
    Don't get me wrong... I'm not supporting DHoward or trying to side with any player who has cried to management or the media to get a coach fired. However, Shaq made a good point when he basically said that Pat Riley came to him and asked him his opinion. I'm pretty sure Riley probably got DWade and Zo's opinion as well before he made his decision to fire... er... um have SVG leave for personal reasons.

    If a GM, Team President, or Owner talks to a player and asks him his opinion, that's their right. I'm sure those same people talk to the coach all the time and ask him his opinion about the players too. So the point is that to be a true professional, you keep those discussions behind closed doors or off the record.

    SVG was wrong for going to the Media and publicly, on camera at that, throwing Dwight under the bus, especially since Dwight hasn't done the same to him.
    Last edited by naptownmenace; 04-06-2012 at 11:43 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •