Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Irsay comments on Luck's workout..

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Irsay comments on Luck's workout..

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can someone decode or translate that Tweet for me?
    Its easy to see why Luck has been regarded as the #1 pick for whenever he would enter the draft (as he could have last year but decided to stay at Stanford).

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Glad to see I was not the only one who did a double take at that tweet.

FWIW, Luck is in Washington meeting with the Redskins today.

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

That's a common thing with Twitter... with the character limit.

I found it pretty funny that RG3 has declined all meetings and workouts with Indy, and then meets with Washington.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    That's a common thing with Twitter... with the character limit.

I found it pretty funny that RG3 has declined all meetings and workouts with Indy, and then meets with Washington.
    RG3 is either meeting with Indy today or he met with them yesterday. It was all over our local news last night.

His agent made some comment the other day that RG3 will not have any private workouts for any team, and that he made that clear as soon as he announced his pro day at Baylor.

I know for a fact he has met with Washington, but he has not worked out for them at all.

EDIT: I stand corrected. I misspoke, it was Luck, not RGIII. Though supposedly so far the Colts have not invited RGIII for any meetings.

Chris Russell ‏ @Russellmania980
    Per @AdamSchefter - Andrew Luck is flying from Indianapolis to Washington today to meet with the #Redskins. Due Diligence. #Colts

Grant Paulsen ‏ @granthpaulsen
    Griffin today, Luck tomorrow. MT @AdamSchefter Andrew Luck is scheduled to leave Indianapolis today to fly to WSH to meet with the Redskins.

LL (@LL56_HTTR)
    RT “@ProFootballTalk Also, for those of you asking, the Colts have not invited Robert Griffin III to Indy for a pre-draft, no-workout visit. Yet.””
    Last edited by vapacersfan; 04-11-2012 at 10:04 AM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Ya, Luck has or will have met with both teams by today.... RG3 has only met with Washington.

Luck meeting with Washington was exactly what they called it --- due diligence.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    His agent made some comment the other day that RG3 will not have any private workouts for any team, and that he made that clear as soon as he announced his pro day at Baylor.
    I'd be worried about that if I were a Redskin GM.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Why? His people said from day 1 he woud have his pro day on campus, and since he was guarenteed to go top 2 he doesnt want to risk an injury.

I do not typically follow the draft closely (not like the Redskins give me a reason to) but from what I have read/heard this is not all that uncommon.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Thing thing that worries me about RG3 not doing this private workouts is what does he have to lose, players do not typically not offer teams with lower draft picks private workouts, it is more the case this happens with teams with higher picks.

Also it is not like he is not working out right now as well, he could easily get hurt doing that as he could in a private workout, I don't know if he has anything to hide, but to me I personally do not like the move.
    Why so SERIOUS

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    Thing thing that worries me about RG3 not doing this private workouts is what does he have to lose, players do not typically not offer teams with lower draft picks private workouts, it is more the case this happens with teams with higher picks.

Also it is not like he is not working out right now as well, he could easily get hurt doing that as he could in a private workout, I don't know if he has anything to hide, but to me I personally do not like the move.

I dont understand your post.

players do not typically not offer teams with lower draft picks private workouts, it is more the case this happens with teams with higher picks.
    He is doing this for all teams, including the teams with the 1st and 2nd pick

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    Thing thing that worries me about RG3...
    The thing that worries me about RG3 is that he's fancy. Fancy socks, fancy hair, fancy touchdown celebrations... he's fancy like a wide receiver. He'll be amazing someday on Dancing with the Stars, but I question how long he'll survive getting crushed by DTs and LBs in the NFL...

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I've heard it all now.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Uhhh hardy a convincing rebuttal lol.. how 'bout they focus on football.

[QUOTE=Bball;1416868]Can someone decode or translate that Tweet for me?
    Quote:
    Met with A Luck#12 n Indy 2day for 3 hrs;it's easy 2c why the #1 pick n this Stanford phenom has been synonymous with each other 4over 2 yrs

=

I met with Andrew Luck today, who wears the number 12, in Indianapolis today for about 3 hours. It's very easy to see too see why the #1 pick has been synonymous with Mr. luck for over 2 years. lol

16. The Following User Says Thank You to GP33 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I mean, both guys are flashy who like to run and dance, right? Plus with all that dancing they get crushed by LB's and DT's all the time, hence they barely lasted one season in the league.

Now now, this crazy talk of focusing of the football side of football players. Next thing you will want to talk about is their supporting cast and what kind of talent the GM's provide around them.

Crazy talk I tell ya!
    Are you a fan or just a troll? Gotta pick one. I'm a fan of the Colts, you appear to be bordering on over-confident troll of the 'Skins, as the bolded indicates. This is a Colt forum, after all, and I've not really said anything that over-the-top. It's a good thing yer a Pacer fan, that's redeeming.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 04-12-2012 at 12:45 AM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Mood

Just gotta take the tank later this month.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Wow, jump to conclusions much?

In case you havent figured it out, no everyone here is a Colts fan. Sorry if it offends you, but last I checked Hick's description for the Colts forum reads "The place to talk Colts and the rest of the NFL."

I was actually agreeing with your post, and saying that bphils post was crazy and that I would rather talk about real football discussions (like who the Colts and Redskins surround the team with) then blanket statements like "X player is to flashy". Hell, I would be willign to discuss the injury element of a running QB, but his statement was 100,000% over the top. It was border line comical, except I think he was serious. Maybe I was wrong, but its hard to read emotions on the internet without emoticons.

Note no where in there did I EVER say you said anything over the top. In fact, I was agreeing with everyone who wants to see what both young men have put around them, as that will have a huge factor in their respective success, maybe more so then anything they bring to the table themselves (maybe with the exception of leadership, but that opens up a new discussion about can a rookie QB win over a locker room. Its been done, but its hard. Esp. with all the hype these two guys have)

If you really dislike the fact I am a Skins fan (newsflash, not everyone in the world in a Colts fan) then I would reccomend you do one of two things.

1. Petition Hicks to only allow Colts fans in here and ban everyone else from ever talking about another team.

2. Put me on ignore, I promise it wont break my heart.

I am done with hi-jacking this thread, clearly around here all you are allowed to say is "Go colts" and "everyone else in the NFL is turrible" lest people call you a troll
    Hey now, don't paint us all with the same brush.
    If you get to thinkiní youíre a person of some influence, try orderiní somebody elseís dog around..

21. The Following User Says Thank You to indygeezer For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wow, jump to conclusions much?

In case you havent figured it out, no everyone here is a Colts fan. Sorry if it offends you, but last I checked Hick's description for the Colts forum reads "The place to talk Colts and the rest of the NFL."

I was actually agreeing with your post, and saying that bphils post was crazy and that I would rather talk about real football discussions (like who the Colts and Redskins surround the team with) then blanket statements like "X player is to flashy". Hell, I would be willign to discuss the injury element of a running QB, but his statement was 100,000% over the top. It was border line comical, except I think he was serious. Maybe I was wrong, but its hard to read emotions on the internet without emoticons.

Note no where in there did I EVER say you said anything over the top. In fact, I was agreeing with everyone who wants to see what both young men have put around them, as that will have a huge factor in their respective success, maybe more so then anything they bring to the table themselves (maybe with the exception of leadership, but that opens up a new discussion about can a rookie QB win over a locker room. Its been done, but its hard. Esp. with all the hype these two guys have)

If you really dislike the fact I am a Skins fan (newsflash, not everyone in the world in a Colts fan) then I would reccomend you do one of two things.

1. Petition Hicks to only allow Colts fans in here and ban everyone else from ever talking about another team.

2. Put me on ignore, I promise it wont break my heart.

I am done with hi-jacking this thread, clearly around here all you are allowed to say is "Go colts" and "everyone else in the NFL is turrible" lest people call you a troll
    Pretty overblown reaction, dude. My general feeling is that you're not here to talk football, you're here to get stupid reactions out of Colts fans by posting ridiculous stuff like what I bolded above, otherwise known as trolling. I don't care that your a 'Skins fan, I talk to all kinds of fans, if they are cool.

If you wanna talk actual football, I'm all for it. If you wanna just post stupid crap and get us riled up, then expect people to get chippy with ya.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 04-12-2012 at 12:02 PM.

I made a post stating I wanted to talk about football, get called a troll, respond to that, and I am blowing stuff out of whack (and called a troll again). That is funny, dude

I could post a lot of stuff (most of which would probably get me in trouble), but since clearly you want to be a moderator so bad and have already made your mind up long ago that I am a troll, I welcome the first person ever in history my ignore list. Sorry for the derail all.

Back to Lucks workout. Looking forward to the draft!

With all this news, I am kind of surprised Luck has not been signed yet. I know his agent was talking to the Colts a few weeks ago. Wonder if it is literally just a wait and see game? Not sure what they gain from not telling other teams they will take him, though. I imagine most team automatically go with the assumption 1 and 2 are done, regardless of what order the two QB's go in.

Maybe keeping the lines open just in case someone makes a trade that cant be refused?

25. The Following User Says Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I made a post stating I wanted to talk about football, get called a troll, respond to that, and I am blowing stuff out of whack (and called a troll again). That is funny, dude

I could post a lot of stuff (most of which would probably get me in trouble), but since clearly you want to be a moderator so bad and have already made your mind up long ago that I am a troll, I welcome the first person ever in history my ignore list. Sorry for the derail all.
    Whatever, .... playin' the victim card now. It's seriously not a big deal to me. Pretty funny that's all it took to get on your ignore list, surprised I'm the first one... I will wear my badge with honor.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    Whatever, .... playin' the victim card now. It's seriously not a big deal to me. Pretty funny that's all it took to get on your ignore list, surprised I'm the first one... I will wear my badge with honor.
    I'd hate for VA not to see this....

Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden