Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Unjustified Actions of Danny Granger

Hybrid View

Default The Unjustified Actions of Danny Granger

http://thehoopdoctors.com/online2/20...danny-granger/

I came across this article while searching online. I cannot believe that this is getting so much negative feedback mostly from Knicks fans but still. This guy who posted this article is probably a Knicks fan but saying Danny is immaute is complete bs. I loved the fact that Danny taunted the Knicks last night with the discount double check and wish he would play with that chip on his shoulder every game. We need more of this attitude on our team. Here is the article:

The Pacers came raging back to defeat the Knicks on Tuesday night after trailing by 15 to start the fourth quarter, yet, thanks to Danny Granger, that’s not what must be taken away from this game.

Indiana outscored New York 40-17 in a quarter where everything went right for the Pacers and everything went wrong for the Knicks.

Subsequently, you should be talking about how embarrassing of a loss this was for New York, how impressive a comeback this was for Indiana and how this rivalry is clearly approaching levels of animosity you haven’t seen since the days of Reggie Miller.

But, here you are, taking precious time out of your busy schedule to talk about the horrific judgment of one, Danny Granger. And yes, I’m referring to the Steve Novak imitation in which the Pacers’ small forward felt it necessary to do the “discount double-check” after nailing a three late in the fourth quarter.

The problem with what Granger did is not that he was jacked up after hitting a huge shot. His overall reaction—screaming, chest pounding—was acceptable. His team was in the middle of one of the most impressive comebacks of the compressed NBA season, and showing emotion was not only warranted, but fantastic.

Just not in that fashion.

By imitating Novak, Granger was taunting one of the biggest feel-good stories of the year. He was insulting a guy who is from Wisconsin and has not only a birthright to this particular celebration, but the blessing of the guy who made it famous in Aaron Rodgers.

Let’s not split hairs here. Malice may not have been intended, but Granger wasn’t participating in good-natured ribbing either. He was pissed that the Knicks swept a home-and-home against the Pacers in March, and he was pissed that such a display came shortly after he declared the two contests against New York “winnable games.”

Granger’s version of the “discount double-check” was the result of a grudge he has held for nearly month. It was his attempt to bury the Knicks—which he eventually did—and his way of rubbing their collapse in the face of everyone on the team.

And that’s not okay.

A certain amount of taunting is acceptable, and malicious imitation can even be justified in certain situations, but this was not one of them.

Novak is a classy guy. He’s a player who knows his role and embraces it, a player who operates on sheer energy and a player who should have been in the game when Granger delivered the dagger. Under no circumstance, though, is he a player to be chastised in that manner.

Had it been a perpetual Carmelo Anthony-like grin that Granger was imitating, that’s a different story. But taunting and insulting a player who has overcome so many obstacles, emerged as one of the most clutch shooters in the game and doesn’t have a shred of malicious intent in his repertoire? Come on now.

With this unwarranted gesture, Granger shredded light on the pompousness he has so adeptly suppressed almost his entire career.

Since the lockout, Granger was recognized as a player with morals and a man who exuded generosity. This was the guy who hosted dinner for the Pacers workers affected by the lockout.

Now, though, he’s the guy that resorted to immaturity to express his enthusiasm.

This isn’t about Granger leading Indiana to an impressive come from behind victory over New York. And this isn’t about him letting loose after he hit a monstrous shot.

This is about a superstar making a terrible and revealing decision. He tainted this victory and made a mockery of himself, and the entire Pacers team. Most importantly, though, he offered an unnecessary gesture to a guy he can only hope he is one day half as humble as.

So, congratulations Danny Granger, you’re still an All-Star caliber player.

But you’re also a jackass.

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The Unjustified Actions of Danny Granger

Novak does this all the time and it's cool?

Granger does it in return and it's not?

Ooooooookay.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

3. The Following 30 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Maybe Danny was fired up after Iman tried to take out David West?

And then there was J.R. Smith throwing down Barbosa.

I don't get why it is okay for one player to do it and then they get upset when someone else celebrates. I remember the New York Giants used to ***** when someone would do their "ballin" celebration.

@Pacers24Colts12

As long as we are getting under knicks fans skin I am happy.
    I'm a Beast

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PaulGeorge For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Novak does this all the time and it's cool?

Granger does it in return and it's not?

Ooooooookay.
    Yeah, this is ********. It's really unbelievable how harsh people are on Danny Granger from the outside. I don't understand what he did to deserve such scrutiny. So many guys in this league seem to get a pass across the nation, yet Danny doesn't stay in his place or whatever and suddenly he's a jackass? I don't get it.

If this is how several people feel about him or this team, then screw them all.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Yeah, this is ********. It's really unbelievable how harsh people are on Danny Granger from the outside. I don't understand what he did to deserve such scrutiny. So many guys in this league seem to get a pass across the nation, yet Danny doesn't stay in his place or whatever and suddenly he's a jackass? I don't get it.

If this is how several people feel about him or this team, then screw them all.
    It's New York. Those jerkoffs got motivated over something he had supposedly Tweeted but never actually tweeted it.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    It's New York. Those jerkoffs got motivated over something he had supposedly Tweeted but never actually tweeted it.
    Which actually made it worse because then they thought that he just deleted it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:

I wasn't worried until I saw that the article was written by renowned NBA expert Dan Favale.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King Tuts Tomb For This Useful Post:

I'm struggling to even figure out what the dude's complaint really is. It seems to boil down to: Danny was uncool to Novak.

Well, screw him.

I mean, surely he is not complaining that Danny did the Belt move when Novak does the Belt move. Surely he is not complaining that Danny taunted when every team has taunters.

That writer is completely grasping at straws, just looking for some way to detract from Granger's AWESOME performance last night.

GO TO H3LL.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Banta For This Useful Post:

17. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Doddage For This Useful Post:

This article is awesome. The move is Novak's birthright? Wonder what the "author" would say if a Knick did a Reggie Choke move?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Stuckey7370 For This Useful Post:

Don't come into someone else's house and put your feet up, and then not expect them to knock your feet off the damn table.

Who cares that Novak is a "feel good" story? Only Knicks fans. No one else cares about Novak, and whether he's a punk or poster Christian. If he doesn't want mocked, then he needs to stop doing that stupid move.

And that goes for Aaron Rodgers too.

21. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    No one else cares about Novak
    I do care about Novak but this article seems laughable indeed. Danny didn't stared towards Novak. He just used the celebration that Steve uses as well.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbert View Post
    http://thehoopdoctors.com/online2/20...danny-granger/

I came across this article while searching online. I cannot believe that this is getting so much negative feedback mostly from Knicks fans but still. This guy who posted this article is probably a Knicks fan but saying Danny is immaute is complete bs. I loved the fact that Danny taunted the Knicks last night with the discount double check and wish he would play with that chip on his shoulder every game. We need more of this attitude on our team. Here is the article:

The Pacers came raging back to defeat the Knicks on Tuesday night after trailing by 15 to start the fourth quarter, yet, thanks to Danny Granger, that’s not what must be taken away from this game.

Indiana outscored New York 40-17 in a quarter where everything went right for the Pacers and everything went wrong for the Knicks.

Subsequently, you should be talking about how embarrassing of a loss this was for New York, how impressive a comeback this was for Indiana and how this rivalry is clearly approaching levels of animosity you haven’t seen since the days of Reggie Miller.

But, here you are, taking precious time out of your busy schedule to talk about the horrific judgment of one, Danny Granger. And yes, I’m referring to the Steve Novak imitation in which the Pacers’ small forward felt it necessary to do the “discount double-check” after nailing a three late in the fourth quarter.

The problem with what Granger did is not that he was jacked up after hitting a huge shot. His overall reaction—screaming, chest pounding—was acceptable. His team was in the middle of one of the most impressive comebacks of the compressed NBA season, and showing emotion was not only warranted, but fantastic.

Just not in that fashion.

By imitating Novak, Granger was taunting one of the biggest feel-good stories of the year. He was insulting a guy who is from Wisconsin and has not only a birthright to this particular celebration, but the blessing of the guy who made it famous in Aaron Rodgers.

Let’s not split hairs here. Malice may not have been intended, but Granger wasn’t participating in good-natured ribbing either. He was pissed that the Knicks swept a home-and-home against the Pacers in March, and he was pissed that such a display came shortly after he declared the two contests against New York “winnable games.”

Granger’s version of the “discount double-check” was the result of a grudge he has held for nearly month. It was his attempt to bury the Knicks—which he eventually did—and his way of rubbing their collapse in the face of everyone on the team.

And that’s not okay.

A certain amount of taunting is acceptable, and malicious imitation can even be justified in certain situations, but this was not one of them.

Novak is a classy guy. He’s a player who knows his role and embraces it, a player who operates on sheer energy and a player who should have been in the game when Granger delivered the dagger. Under no circumstance, though, is he a player to be chastised in that manner.

Had it been a perpetual Carmelo Anthony-like grin that Granger was imitating, that’s a different story. But taunting and insulting a player who has overcome so many obstacles, emerged as one of the most clutch shooters in the game and doesn’t have a shred of malicious intent in his repertoire? Come on now.

With this unwarranted gesture, Granger shredded light on the pompousness he has so adeptly suppressed almost his entire career.

Since the lockout, Granger was recognized as a player with morals and a man who exuded generosity. This was the guy who hosted dinner for the Pacers workers affected by the lockout.

Now, though, he’s the guy that resorted to immaturity to express his enthusiasm.

This isn’t about Granger leading Indiana to an impressive come from behind victory over New York. And this isn’t about him letting loose after he hit a monstrous shot.

This is about a superstar making a terrible and revealing decision. He tainted this victory and made a mockery of himself, and the entire Pacers team. Most importantly, though, he offered an unnecessary gesture to a guy he can only hope he is one day half as humble as.

So, congratulations Danny Granger, you’re still an All-Star caliber player.

But you’re also a jackass.

24. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to kielbeze For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I can't believe how butthurt Knicks fans are over this. The Knicks celebrated worse than Danny EVER has.....in the 3RD FREAKING QUARTER!!!!!! Someone needs to remind this dude of that.

This guy used his Twitter account to blame the loss on the refs. That's all you need to know about this "journalist".
    Last edited by travmil; 04-04-2012 at 02:04 PM.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:

Captain Hindsight says: If you don't want to be mocked, don't have a personal "celebration".

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    Captain Hindsight says: If you don't want to be mocked, don't have a personal "celebration".
    More like don't use the celebration of a super bowl winning QB just because you want to be "cool"

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

As much as Knick fans and their players were not pleased by the officiating, I think that they should consider that it was the Knicks who executed a few cheap shots during the game that were rewarded with flagrant fouls.

Emotional? You betcha. Every Pacers player had a chip on his shoulder last night due to the physical aspects of the game itself, let alone the fact that we had lost the 2 previous games to the Knicks.

After also taking a lot of smack from the Knicks players during the 3rd quarter and the flagrants that occurred during the 4th quarter, as far as I'm concerned it was totally excusable that Danny took the opportunity to taunt the Knicks a bit. And what better way is there to taunt a team than to throw one of their own actions back into their faces.

As far as I'm concerned, well done Danny.

Go Pacers.

Oh yeah....almost forgot. And *!(^ the Pr(Kn)icks.

Pussification of America is in full swing.

Also, what obstacles exactly has Steve Novak had to overcome to be such a feel good story? He is a 6'10" athletic white guy, who was the Wisconsin player of the year, played at a Big East school fresh off a final four appearance in Marquette and now plays in the NBA, yep, sounds like he has really struggled. Give me a break. Are you now automatically a feel good story if you're an above average white basketball player in the NBA?
    Last edited by Trader Joe; 04-04-2012 at 02:07 PM.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

33. The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Thank you Knicks fans for giving us more buzz and reputation. This is nice
    Quote Originally Posted by Piston Prince
    Bobcat fans telling us to cheer up = epic fail season
    "Josh Smith Re-building the city of Detroit one brick at a time"

Quote Originally Posted by yoadknux View Post
    Thank you Knicks fans for giving us more buzz and reputation. This is nice
    Your Avatar makes me think that Danny's got the Glow! ShoNuff!
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Wow what a P***y and a crybaby *** b***h. He's acting like Danny committed murder. Whittle Novak has been through so much how dare Danny Granger mock him...lmao. At least he referred to Danny as a superstar.
    And the walls came tumbling down.....

This is some funny sheet.... Maybe we should start a constant thread and just list everytime an opponent does any type of celebration when it's against the Pacers. Then make a big deal about it so it can become some stupid locker room material for our guys. Seems to work for everyone else.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Flipped Off The Refs Larry Staverman's Avatar
    Mood

"By imitating Novak, Granger was taunting one of the biggest feel-good stories of the year."

Let me tell you about another feel good story!

Watching the Knicks CHOKE again in the 4th quarter against the Pacers. The only thing that would have made it sweeter was if it was at "The Garden".

Seems like Old Times....F*** the Knicks!

39. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Larry Staverman For This Useful Post:

So do packers fans cry like this when Rogers gets mocked by opposing players? This dude is an idiot.

41. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SycamoreKen For This Useful Post: