Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2012 Cincinnati Reds Thread

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 2012 Cincinnati Reds Thread

1st Place in the whole league feels nice. I could definitely get used to it.

Got to keep it going tho when Votto comes back, don't know why it took so long to get the offense to wake up, but they got it going now!

the media would have you believe Bryce Harper as ROY is a done deal

then again...

Bryce Harper/OF/1stPlace NL East, 364 plate appearances
    BA-.258,
    OBP-.332,
    SLG-.420,
    OPS-.753,
    WAR-1.6
    HR-9,
    RBI-29,
    2B-16,
    3B-5

Todd Frazier/OF/1B/3B/1stPlace NL Central, 274 plate appearances
    BA-.275,
    OBP-.332,
    SLG-.538,
    OPS-.871,
    WAR-2.0
    HR-13,
    RBI-39,
    2B-13,
    3B-5
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

sorry it's not Reds related, but didn't think it warranted a new thread that'd get like 2 posts, and this is baseball related, so here we are.

anyway, Felix Hernandex threw a perfect game today. after the game he got asked something about "having to be perfect in every start" because the Mariners stink. he immediately pointed out that his last start his offense gave him a 5 run lead and he blew it. then he got asked about trade rumors (because he's awesome and good teams want him) and said "why should they trade me?" that dude's awesome. he's 26, probably the best pitcher in baseball, stuck in a small market playing for a crappy team and he doesn't care.

2/3 from Philly heading into Thursday. Tuesday's game was epic. Wednesday's also suspenseful. Chapman wrapped up both. Hoping for a Thursday win to win the series followed by a good series v. St. Louis.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

#1 seed is possible!

The #1 seed opens up at the winner of the wild card game (ATL-STL), while #2 seed goes to San Francisco

This is the one year of the odd 2-3 format where the best teams open on the road.

I suppose facing the wild card winner makes the opponent burn a pitcher in the play-in game. The Nats and Reds have the same record, Nats play this afternoon, Reds tonight. Nats have the tiebreaker so they are #1 seed if they win.

SF might be an overall weaker opponent IMO.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

i would specially watch this show for jay bruce as he is my favorite player and all the eyes will be on him as he has recently shown great performance

Game 5, Latos vs. Cain.

Time to finish it off. It was a shame to waste Homer Bailey's gem. Cueto off the roster is big though.

It goes without saying that this is a huge game for the Reds franchise. Losing three straight at home would be a lot to recover from. Good luck to all the Reds fans on here.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It goes without saying that this is a huge game for the Reds franchise. Losing three straight at home would be a lot to recover from. Good luck to all the Reds fans on here.
    I went to the game on Tuesday. Great crowd. They wasted a great game by Homer.

They haven't lost 3 in a row at home all year, I believe, and if they choke this away, wow. Talk about a horrible offseason ahead. Thanks for the support.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    I went to the game on Tuesday. Great crowd. They wasted a great game by Homer.

They haven't lost 3 in a row at home all year, I believe, and if they choke this away, wow. Talk about a horrible offseason ahead. Thanks for the support.
    This loss is a tough one to accept. Losing Cueto, along with all the mental mistakes, plus the poor hitting just doomed the Reds. Nothing went right after we left San Fran.

Oh well.

Reds traded Stubbs and Gregorious for Shin Soo Choo today. Seems like a pretty good trade. having a good lead-off batter will make a world of difference for our lineups. Imagine having a good chance to have 2 guys on base a nice majority of the time when Votto comes up. What you guys think about the trade?

Quote Originally Posted by Ownagedood View Post
    Reds traded Stubbs and Gregorious for Shin Soo Choo today. Seems like a pretty good trade. having a good lead-off batter will make a world of difference for our lineups. Imagine having a good chance to have 2 guys on base a nice majority of the time when Votto comes up. What you guys think about the trade?
    I like it. I don't think Shoo is a world beater, but he is consistent and will get on base and that's really all we need out of our leadoff hitter. That position murdered us last year. Now we have a very solid, balanced batting order to go along with our very solid, balanced starting rotation. On paper, the team looks as good as any in the National League.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Shoo is a beast(if he is healthy) don't get this trade for the Dbacks. good for the Reds and Love it for the Indians. I think Stubbs may bounce back with the Indians and Bauer is a stud.

Towers just loves giving up young studs he made the same mistake last year trading Parker.

I could see Choo going for 30 dingers in that sand box. That Reds lineup is scary I bet we lose 20-0 next year to you guys we are beyond awful.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think this will be one of Dusty's most productive OBP lineups he's had in a long time.

Shoo
    Phillips
    Votto
    Bruce
    Cozart
    Frazier
    Ludwick
    Hanigan
    Pitcher

Pitching Rotation

Cueto
    Latos
    Bailey
    Chapman (maybe switch 3-4, keep Bailey as a rubber pitcher.)
    Maybe go 5-man if they keep Leake. Doubt it though.

As down as I was after our loss to the Giants- I am much more optimistic going into next year. If our pitchers stay healthy this could be a great year. Dodger loading up worries me; however, hopefully they'll fold up like the Lakers.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/87...parent-suicide

Ryan Freel dies at age 36
    e
    Rich Pilling/MLB Photos/Getty Images
    Ryan Freel hit .268 with 143 stolen bases in 594 career games, mostly with the Cincinnati Reds.
    Ryan Freel, who played for five teams over an eight-year major league career, was found dead in his Florida home Saturday as a result of a self-inflicted shotgun wound, Jacksonville police said.

The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office said they were treating the 36-year-old Freel's death as a suicide.

Freel, who grew up in Jacksonville, last played in the majors in 2009 when he played for four organizations.

In June he had been named the baseball coach at St. Joseph Academy in Jacksonville, but the Florida Times-Union reported that he later backed out of the job.

The former utility player's best stretch came with the Cincinnati Reds from 2004-06 when he stole 110 bases over the three seasons. He played a career-high 143 games and hit .277 with 28 RBIs in 2004.

On Twitter, Reds second baseman Brandon Phillips, who played with Freel from 2006-08, reacted with sadness to his former teammate's passing.

"#RIP?? to my friend & great teammate #RyanFreel! Really hurt by his passing! You'll never will be forgotten," he wrote.