Thread: Croshere deserves the game ball tonight

Default Croshere deserves the game ball tonight

Let me start with the Hawks. Mike Woodson has done a very good job with that team. They play hard, and their defense tonight was very good. Woodson deserves a lot of credit. They fronted the post extremely well and got good weakside help and they played hard. Very impressed with their defense. Hawks are well coached.

Al Harringtopn got it going that is for sure. He hit some very tough shots. Al outplayed Ron tonight, but Al was finsihed physically with about 3 minutes to go in the game, Ron was able finish strong.

Let me get to Croshere. His rebounding, his hustle and his overall game IMO was the key factor that enabled the Pacers to get the win. He got a few very tough offensive rebounds that were just huge. He was the star of the game.

Some will say that Ron struggled with Al. Well 30 points is 30 points, but Ron was all over Al and Al just hit some very tough shots. But as I mentioned Ron was able to finish and Al was spent.

Bender was not ready physically to play tonight, Fred Jones looked a little rusty. I thought Tinsley was horrible until his last rotation on the court in the 4th quarter.

Pacers are winning and that is well and good, but their defense needs a lot of work.

Default Re: Croshere deserves the game ball tonight

I bask in Cros glory!!!!!!
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Bender looked awful. I hope he was just still wiped out from the flu or whatever.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

- Jimmy Buffett

croshere is playing very well. he's getting a little closer to earning that paycheck he's been cashing. when foster is healthy would you guys consider keeping cro in the starting lineup??? j.o. has bulked up significantly but i still don't know if i want him getting roughed up at center.

on a similar note...i wouldn't mind taking a look at zo come the trade deadline. he's really playing well and i'm sure he is gonna be on the block as NJ is going nowhere this season.

JO was also very good tonight
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Dream Big

Jonathan who?

Austin Croshere for president!!

that was a sweet block by harrison in that 1st half....even if it was against drobnjak. .i've been very impressed with his jumping ability considering his size.

tins needs to work on his shot.......he's shooting 30% from the field this season i believe

bender is really starting to tick me off.....every game i get pumped up to see him check in and once again he doesn't get it going.....it's still early though. i really feel that he or fred jones is gonna have to be the x-factor for us.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Cro has played very well so far lets hope he can keep it up.How many times was he out hustling everyone and scrapping for key rebounds.Keep it up Cro!!!!!!
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Exception of the Clippers game Croshere has been outstanding , but then again I can't remember any Pacer during the Clippers game that was impressive

I would hope Rick, Donnie and Larry are proud of how Austin has stepped it up and been a real blessing in this time of need. I just hope once we get healthy Austin isn't put on the Shelf like he has been in the past.

I am not really surprised by Austin's play , it's always been there it was a matter of him getting the PT.

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Speaking of composure, damn, Artest impressed the hell out of me tonight. He played relly well, and didnt let his emotions get him, at all. .
    Well... there was the one basket where Artest could've sidestepped the ball after a made basket but didn't. Then Tinsely (or could've been Gill) tried to get it before Artest got in trouble and Artest then made sure the ball got kicked as it rolled downcourt in front of him. Stupid.

Artest also threw something across the court at a timeout as he came to the bench. He was obviously not happy and showed it. Somebody said he threw a couple of things but I was watching the one thing slide across the court to the opposite side and missed some activity. Artest sat coming out of the T.O.

...Of course the way the team was playing at that point it is hard to blame Artest for being angry.

Not sure what TV showed, but Artest certainly wasn't mild-mannered or a perfect angel the whole game.

-Bball

Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

How come Bender doesn't get the same type of treatment as Freddie in terms of injuries??

It was only Bender's second game of the season, of course he's going to be rusty as hell, JO was rusty when he first came back as well.

Freddie gets the reasonable response of rust, but JB gets beaten upon because he didn't score 50 points in 10 minutes.

Yeah, I'll be the first to say that he wasn't that good tonight, but if you're giving Fred the excuse, give Bender the same excuse as well. I think he's only played 3 games this whole season, including preseason.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Bender gets a rap because he NEVER plays. Fred has played on the other hand, and has shown improvement. All we hear from Bender is that he kills everyone in practice, I have yet to see it.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

I may be going out on a limb here but to me, so far, Austin Croshere has been the glue to this team all season long.

There have been games he's been the star but other than the Clippers game he hasn't had a bad game yet.

I just don't see any way anybody could justify starting Foster over him.

I want to talk about his defense tonight on Walker. It was outstanding. He so outplayed Walker that it was sickening.

I tried to count during the game but I think I missed a few min. due to people moving in front of me, but I'm pretty sure that Walker only scored 9 points on Austin.

He was on him like glue all night long.

I think one of the things that is being vastly overlooked by people is that often times the Pacers start their offense through Austin at the top of the key. He rarely makes mistakes.

He scores, he rebounds, he can defend, he is a good passer, he sets picks, he sets screens, he's a great free throw shooter.

He just has a bad contract.

Or does he? Honestly, if he was given this chance way back in Thomas's first season (for those of you that are about to tell me he started let me tell you he started at the s.f. spot out of position) would he have given similar production then?

I always thought he would.

To me Austin Croshere was Isiah's biggest mistake. I could never ever see why he treated him the way he did. The guy may not be spectacular but he is solid. Easily a 12ppg & 7 rpg player.

On top of it all, does anybody agree with me that if David Harrison gets in shape & stays focused that by this time in 2-3 years from now he will be a legit imate big man in this league.

This may be the sleeper pick of all time for us.

Good to see Baby Al again. To bad Jax had a bad game but it doesn't deminish his value this season.

I stand by what I said at the time. The trade makes sense, but I always thought we traded the wrong small forward.

But I'm happy with the results so far.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

i had to miss a lot of the 3rd quarter, maybe that's why, but I don't understand the Bender bashing. I know I'm labeled as one of the guys who thinks he can do no wrong, but I just try to call it as I see it, and last night I saw a guy coming back rusty, but really didn't play that bad because he only got 11 minutes of playing time, and yet had 5 points and 4 rebounds. For 11 min, that's not bad. And was I the only one encouraged by him posting up on Al and winning by usuing his STRENGTH to get a foot under the hoop? I didn't think I'd ever see him bump a guy like Al out of his way in the post.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    I may be going out on a limb here but to me, so far, Austin Croshere has been the glue to this team all season long.

There have been games he's been the star but other than the Clippers game he hasn't had a bad game yet.

I just don't see any way anybody could justify starting Foster over him.

I want to talk about his defense tonight on Walker. It was outstanding. He so outplayed Walker that it was sickening.

I tried to count during the game but I think I missed a few min. due to people moving in front of me, but I'm pretty sure that Walker only scored 9 points on Austin.

He was on him like glue all night long.

I think one of the things that is being vastly overlooked by people is that often times the Pacers start their offense through Austin at the top of the key. He rarely makes mistakes.

He scores, he rebounds, he can defend, he is a good passer, he sets picks, he sets screens, he's a great free throw shooter.

He just has a bad contract.

Or does he? Honestly, if he was given this chance way back in Thomas's first season (for those of you that are about to tell me he started let me tell you he started at the s.f. spot out of position) would he have given similar production then?

I always thought he would.

To me Austin Croshere was Isiah's biggest mistake. I could never ever see why he treated him the way he did. The guy may not be spectacular but he is solid. Easily a 12ppg & 7 rpg player.

On top of it all, does anybody agree with me that if David Harrison gets in shape & stays focused that by this time in 2-3 years from now he will be a legit imate big man in this league.

This may be the sleeper pick of all time for us.

Good to see Baby Al again. To bad Jax had a bad game but it doesn't deminish his value this season.

I stand by what I said at the time. The trade makes sense, but I always thought we traded the wrong small forward.

But I'm happy with the results so far.
    Other than adding a superlative for JO's great game last night, I have nothing substantive to add to yet another great post from Peck.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Excerpt from The Star:

Artest, however, had no instances of mistaken identity. He's guarded Harrington plenty in practice, and enjoyed renewing the acquaintance. But he got so mad in the first quarter, when Harrington was unstoppable and the Hawks jumped to a 31-16 lead, that he slapped a container of talcum powder off the scorer's table and threw a wad of tape toward the Pacers bench during a timeout.

Afterward, he was all smiles.

"I was so upset, I almost had a little outburst," he said. "It's hard not to get upset when you're down. I'm trying. I have to do it different.

PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pacerfan2425
    Cro has played very well so far lets hope he can keep it up.How many times was he out hustling everyone and scrapping for key rebounds.Keep it up Cro!!!!!!
    Let's extend his contract!!!!!!!!

TexasPacer

I only wonder how good his game would be if he had not been burried on the bench for three years by Isiah. Cro is a warrior and will play with pain. Keep up the great work.

I don't think we can blaim the 4-year hiatus of the Austin Croshere Era on Isiah. After all, with Al on the team, there really weren't that many minutes to go around. I think moving Al has contributed more to Cro's re-emergence than anything else.