Thread: Colts optimal draft plan

Hybrid View

Default Colts optimal draft plan

Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Colts optimal draft plan

Yeah I think a lot of this is along the lines of thinking of most Colts fans, well at least those who follow the draft stuff.
    Why so SERIOUS

I think he overlooks how pressing of a need NT is for us. Regardless this year is going to be a rough one but without a NT we can't operate Pagano's defense. I think we take either Ta'amu at the top of the 3rd round or Chapman at the top of the 4th.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Jrod Jones View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think he overlooks how pressing of a need NT is for us. Regardless this year is going to be a rough one but without a NT we can't operate Pagano's defense. I think we take either Ta'amu at the top of the 3rd round or Chapman at the top of the 4th.
    So many people have been talking bout not having a traditional NT, an just being able to uses a athletic DT, they can do this because a lot of teams used a 1 gap NT instead of a 2 gap, but yeah I think we will get one later in the draft, some think Ta'amu might go in the first, I think we only take a shot at him if he is there in the 3rd, possibly the 2nd if the Fleener is gone.
    Why so SERIOUS

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    So many people have been talking bout not having a traditional NT, an just being able to uses a athletic DT, they can do this because a lot of teams used a 1 gap NT instead of a 2 gap, but yeah I think we will get one later in the draft, some think Ta'amu might go in the first, I think we only take a shot at him if he is there in the 3rd, possibly the 2nd if the Fleener is gone.
    I don't think theres a chance that Ta'amu is gone in the 1st. It seems more and more unlikely that he will last to the 3rd though. I agree that if he is there in the 3rd we absolutely take him but I wouldn't be too surprised to see us reach 10-15 picks to take him in the 2nd.

Realistically though I think Chapman and Fangupo are the more likely options in the 4th or 5th rounds

What do you think about us taking a guy like Jared Crick in the 3rd, assuming we take someone like Fleener or Randle in the 2nd?

Mood

I don't think theres a chance that Ta'amu is gone in the 1st. It seems more and more unlikely that he will last to the 3rd though. I agree that if he is there in the 3rd we absolutely take him but I wouldn't be too surprised to see us reach 10-15 picks to take him in the 2nd.

Realistically though I think Chapman and Fangupo are the more likely options in the 4th or 5th rounds

What do you think about us taking a guy like Jared Crick in the 3rd, assuming we take someone like Fleener or Randle in the 2nd?
    Yeah Crick has been slipping some, I would rather go after Chapman, than him. I think Champman is better in a 2 gap situation and just adds versatility to our team.
    Why so SERIOUS

Mood

I should add that I think our DE position should be decent as well, so having a body that is bigger for me is more important than a guy with decent potential that can play outside.
    Why so SERIOUS

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If Fleener is gone, I wouldn't mind taking Orson Charles...but of course, im biased (Georgia fan)

uh wink wink nudge nudge?
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post: