Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 194

Thread: 3/28/2012 Game Thread #49: Pacers Vs. Nets

  1. #1
    streets ahead
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    DC
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,754

    Default 3/28/2012 Game Thread #49: Pacers Vs. Nets

    NYET THE NETS


    -VS-



    Game Time Start: 7:00 PM EST
    Where: Prudential Center, Newark, NJ
    Officials: J. Crawford, K. Fehr, Z. Zarba

    Media Notes: Indiana Notes, New Jersey Notes
    Local TV: FSI
    Local Radio: WIBC 93.1 FM
    NBA Feeds:


    REMINDER: Per PD policy, please do not share a link to, describe how to search for, request a link to, or request a PM about streaming video of a NBA game that is not coming directly through the NBA. Not even in a "wink-wink, nudge-nudge, know-what-I-mean" round-about sort of way. Thank you



    Season Records: (W-L)
    29-19
    (Away: 14-12)
    16-35
    (Home: 6-19)
    Upcoming Games:
    Mar 29
    Mar 31
    Apr 01
    Apr 03
    Apr 04
    vs at at vs at
    7:00 pm
    8:30 pm
    7:00 pm
    7:00 pm
    7:00 pm


    Projected Starting Lineup:
    C
    PF
    SF
    SG
    PG
    HIBBERT
    WEST
    GRANGER
    GEORGE
    COLLISON
    Projected Starting Lineup:
    C
    PF
    SF
    SG
    PG
    WILLIAMS
    HUMPHRIES
    WALLACE
    BROOKS
    WILLIAMS


    Pacers
    Kyrylo Fesenko, not with team, out
    Tyler Hansbrough, hammered by Dunleavy's soft Irish skin, probable

    Nets
    Damion James, right foot surgery, out
    Brook Lopez, right foot, out
    Jordan Farmar, sore right groin, out
    Anthony Morrow, bruised shoulder, out



    Minimally Relevant Video:


    Semi-Relevant Video:


    Eight Points, Nine Seconds Preview Review:
    Tim Donahue: Jeff Foster - Rare

    Jeff Foster formally announced his retirement on Monday night. I watched
    him play in Blue-and-Gold for 13 seasons. Then I sat in on his retirement
    press conference. Then watched him do one-on-one after one-on-one with
    local media. However, I don’t think I quite grasped what was happening
    until I got the chance to talk to David West about him.

    “He’s one of those guys, man, you know...rare,” West opened.

    When West said that, my eyeballs clicked. It was a simple, but almost
    perfect way to sum up #10 for the Pacers. When taken as a whole, Jeff
    Foster has carved out an incredibly rare career.

    He played 13 seasons with one team in a league in which that’s virtually
    unheard of, even for stars. He’s displayed a savant’s ability at both
    rebounding and getting under the skin of the opponent. Foster has seen
    some of the best days of this Pacer franchise. More impressively,
    however, he has lived through its darkest days and come out the other
    side with his dignity and reputation in tact.

    West went on, “Not a big statistical guy, in terms of, he’s not going out
    and playing for stats. He’s playing the game the right way in terms of
    doing what’s necessary to win games. One thing we always used to talk
    about when we would scout against Pacers with him, is that you can’t
    underestimate his impact. He’s not gonna be out there looking for his
    stuff, but he’s going to be looking to make plays for the team.”

    Jeff Foster is a guy who averaged fewer than 5 points per game over his
    career and never averaged more than 7. Yet, all he did was make his
    team better. In the summer of 2003, when the Pacers lost All-Star center
    Brad Miller and got little in return, Foster took the starting job over. His
    quickness helped transform what was a slow-footed team, and he was no
    small contributor to the franchise-record 61-win season. For each of the
    past five years, the team has performed better with him on the floor
    (according to BasketballValue.com).

    Jeff is an easy guy not to “get.” I mentioned to West that my appreciation
    for Foster came from watching him so much, but that opposing fans would
    often dismiss him. He was the guy who had no offense, looked awkward,
    and couldn’t even hit lay ups.

    “Yeah, but he’s destroying you,” West responded. “He’s beating on your
    bigs. He’s wearing you down. He’s not out there playing the game for
    himself. He’s giving it all for the team. That’s rare. You don’t find too
    many guys like that around the NBA anymore. It’s become an ‘I’ League.
    An ‘I’...‘Me’ sorta league. For him to be able to stay around as long as he
    did and be effective is a testament...CONTINUE READING AT 8p9s


    Prokhorov Pontificates:
    Nonsense rules of N B and A really bust my borscht. In mother
    country, when you want to own nickel mine you go to mine, find
    the owner and shoot him then you say "Now I own nickel mine!"
    Apparently not true when try to own Magic Dwights. Tonight
    important time of vengeance for two years against the Indy of
    Apolis where we were dropped like baby on Odessa steps. This
    time we say "We want to own pace cars" and then we shoot pace
    cars. If team don't win, my GM Billy Jean King will make so.


    NETS 117 - PACERS 13
    As grandmother say to me "Я раздавить тебя" or "I will crush you"
    This is the darkest timeline.

  2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to avoidingtheclowns For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    honolulu
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,881
    Mood

    Default Re: 3/28/2012 Game Thread #49: Pacers Vs. Nets

    I haf major problem with your typing of the stereos. First and most, just because the Michael Dunleavy exfoliates the skin like baby's bottom not mean that he cannot make a hard hammer. His skin make change like Thing in the four fantastics. Next time, do not tell me Fesenko is not with team, I have seen the video images of his clothings in the areas of the Banking house of fields. And last word, you haf not the right to make quotes about the Russian grandmothers, who never use the tense of future, since it is inside of the past where we make living. Cold-winter-war out, *****es!

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,389

    Default Re: 3/28/2012 Game Thread #49: Pacers Vs. Nets

    Prokhorov Pontificates:


    Nonsense rules of N B and A really bust my borscht. In mother
    country, when you want to own nickel mine you go to mine, find
    the owner and shoot him then you say "Now I own nickel mine!"
    Apparently not true when try to own Magic Dwights. Tonight
    important time of vengeance for two years against the Indy of
    Apolis where we were dropped like baby on Odessa steps. This
    time we say "We want to own pace cars" and then we shoot pace
    cars. If team don't win, my GM Billy Jean King will make so.

    Is that a real quote? If so, that's pure magic!
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  6. #4
    Release Psycho T pwee31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,171

    Default Re: 3/28/2012 Game Thread #49: Pacers Vs. Nets

    Forgot Nets have Gerald Wallace

  7. #5
    Member Pingu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,245

    Default Re: 3/28/2012 Game Thread #49: Pacers Vs. Nets

    Does anybody know whether Mike Dunleavy got a fine or something for breaking Tyler's face?

  8. #6
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,870

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 3/28/2012 Game Thread #49: Pacers Vs. Nets

    Quote Originally Posted by Pingu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does anybody know whether Mike Dunleavy got a fine or something for breaking Tyler's face?
    i haven't heard anything so i doubt he got one

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:


  10. #7
    thx4tehmRys Danny! daschysta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Geist, Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,952
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 3/28/2012 Game Thread #49: Pacers Vs. Nets

    If we win, and Atlanta does their job and loses to Chicago we'll have a 1.5 game lead on the Hawks, which would be nice, especially considering tomorrow's game is very winnable too.

  11. #8
    streets ahead
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    DC
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,754

    Default Re: 3/28/2012 Game Thread #49: Pacers Vs. Nets

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is that a real quote?
    Nope.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to avoidingtheclowns For This Useful Post:


  13. #9

    Default Re: 3/28/2012 Game Thread #49: Pacers Vs. Nets

    This is a game we could easily loose by twenty.(coming off an impressive win against a contender) So, a good gauge to see if this team has matured any.

  14. #10

    Default Re: 3/28/2012 Game Thread #49: Pacers Vs. Nets

    My league pass broadband won't load due to "technical difficulties." Anyone else having this problem? Man, I have been really regretful of my league pass purchase lately.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to righteouscool For This Useful Post:


  16. #11
    Member LoneGranger33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,458

    Default Re: 3/28/2012 Game Thread #49: Pacers Vs. Nets

    Does anyone really know if Mike Dunleavy's Irish skin is soft?

  17. #12

    Default Re: 3/28/2012 Game Thread #49: Pacers Vs. Nets

    Quote Originally Posted by righteouscool View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My league pass broadband won't load due to "technical difficulties." Anyone else having this problem? Man, I have been really regretful of my league pass purchase lately.
    Me too.

  18. #13
    Member Jose31917's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    115

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by righteouscool View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My league pass broadband won't load due to "technical difficulties." Anyone else having this problem? Man, I have been really regretful of my league pass purchase lately.
    Yes! ******* me off! League pass why!?!

    Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

  19. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,144

    Default Re: 3/28/2012 Game Thread #49: Pacers Vs. Nets

    I hate how a 7:30 start time really mean 7:40ish.

  20. #15
    Member Jose31917's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    115

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    I'm customer number 6 for league pass customer support......

    Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

  21. #16
    Member Pingu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,245

    Default Re: 3/28/2012 Game Thread #49: Pacers Vs. Nets

    Quote Originally Posted by Jose31917 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm customer number 6 for league pass customer support......

    Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    On the same boat. Please share the info they give you if you can.

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pingu For This Useful Post:


  23. #17
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,191

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 3/28/2012 Game Thread #49: Pacers Vs. Nets

    Nice pass, PG

  24. #18
    crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    7,351

    Default Re: 3/28/2012 Game Thread #49: Pacers Vs. Nets

    I hate our logic and scheme depending the pick n roll.

  25. #19
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,191

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 3/28/2012 Game Thread #49: Pacers Vs. Nets

    We look like canary birds.

  26. #20
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,614

    Default Re: 3/28/2012 Game Thread #49: Pacers Vs. Nets

    league pass
    Sittin on top of the world!

  27. #21
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,741

    Default Re: 3/28/2012 Game Thread #49: Pacers Vs. Nets

    Quote Originally Posted by righteouscool View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My league pass broadband won't load due to "technical difficulties." Anyone else having this problem?
    Me too.

    Quote Originally Posted by rightandcool
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Man, I have been really regretful of my league pass purchase lately.
    Me too.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  29. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,144

    Default Re: 3/28/2012 Game Thread #49: Pacers Vs. Nets

    Please put in Hill for Granger not Jones. I beg you Vogel.

  30. #23
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,614

    Default Re: 3/28/2012 Game Thread #49: Pacers Vs. Nets

    Conspiracy

    League pass ( headquartered in NYC) hates the Pacers

    /green
    Sittin on top of the world!

  31. #24
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,278
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 3/28/2012 Game Thread #49: Pacers Vs. Nets

    PAUL!
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  32. #25
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,741

    Default Re: 3/28/2012 Game Thread #49: Pacers Vs. Nets

    Other League Pass games are just fine. What's up, NBA?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

Similar Threads

  1. Area 55 season thread for 2010-11
    By pacer4ever in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1386
    Last Post: 06-03-2011, 11:07 AM
  2. Snooki?s Team Invades Conseco!
    By RoboHicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-27-2011, 08:10 PM
  3. Nuggets Threaten Nets
    By King Phoenix in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-11-2011, 10:56 PM
  4. Teams looking to trade for Jason Kidd (Insider)
    By Slick Pinkham in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-09-2004, 06:07 PM
  5. 7-5 Nets Blueprint
    By Gyron in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-07-2004, 09:21 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •