Thread: Here's where the collapse kicked in last time.

Default Here's where the collapse kicked in last time.

Last year after this many games we lossed the first game that turned out to be part of that massive collaps, and we were 37-16.

To put in perspective how bad it got, by the time that team had 39 wins, where we are now at 39-14, their record was 39-27.

After that, we went 9-7 to finish 48-34.

Default Re: Here's where the collapse kicked in last time.

where we are now at 39-14, their record was 39-27.
    Well then I'd say we are well ahead of that team

Tim

Last year after this many games we lossed the first game that turned out to be part of that massive collaps, and we were 37-16.

To put in perspective how bad it got, by the time that team had 39 wins, where we are now at 39-14, their record was 39-27.

After that, we went 9-7 to finish 48-34.
    The team fell apart on 02/14/2003.

I know its popular to say its all Isiah but there were other things that affected the team.

Injuries, deaths in the family, Illness in family, Ron.

It doesn't seem like there could be a repeat but Ron and Al are playing hurt. Good to see Al sitting and healing, need to get Ron some rest too.

2 replies in and the cloud in the silver lining has been found.

I thought things started getting much shakier than just after the All Star break. I thought the Pacers were already in a funk maybe as much as a month earlier. Losses were starting to come more frequently and the Pacers were starting to have trouble with some teams/games.

Yes, the worst of it was yet to come but the signs were there for anyone paying attention.

The Jan road record slipped to like 3-5 (Dec was like 5-6 and Nov was 4-1). Things just didn't seem to be flowing anymore.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

I thought things started getting much shakier than just after the All Star break. I thought the Pacers were already in a funk maybe as much as a month earlier. Losses were starting to come more frequently and the Pacers were starting to have trouble with some teams/games.

Yes, the worst of it was yet to come but the signs were there for anyone paying attention.

The Jan road record slipped to like 3-5 (Dec was like 5-6 and Nov was 4-1). Things just didn't seem to be flowing anymore.

-Bball

Not to harp on last season, but I am looking at the schedule from last year and Bball is correct.

January's schedule if you care

@ New York L - the game Ronnie lost it afterwards
    @ Wash - L
    @ Philly - W
    H - NY - W
    @ Orlando - W
    H - G.State - W
    H - Heat - W
    @ Boston - L
    H - Detroit - W. This was the infamous replay game
    @ Detroit - L
    H - Raptors - W
    H - Sonics - W
    H - Clips - W
    @ Miami - W. yes this was the Ronnie v Riley brawl. Pacers were 33-12 at this

H - Spurs - L
    @ Toronto - L
    H - Celts - W
    H - Lakers - L

Allstar break. Pacers were 34-15, then they won the P's won 3 straight after the break