Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: My Pacers Music Video

  1. #1
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,271
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default My Pacers Music Video

    I made this over the last week as a project for school. Constructive comments and criticism appreciated!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQm4xD8Ja3M
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,513

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: My Pacers Music Video

    Not my style of music and I would have preferred to have not revisited the brawl, but other than that it was good.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,271
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: My Pacers Music Video

    Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not my style of music and I would have preferred to have not revisited the brawl, but other than that it was good.
    Well the brawl was to set up for the, "It's been a long time coming, and the table's turned around"
    Thanks
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:


  7. #4
    Born ready? TheDavisBrothers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Davenport, IA
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,478
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: My Pacers Music Video

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well the brawl was to set up for the, "It's been a long time coming, and the table's turned around"
    Thanks
    Nice video...

    I like the idea behind it, with the brawl.

    The Jeff foul on Rose made me depressed, knowing I'll never get to see that again, but it also slapped a big ol smile on my face at the same time!

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to TheDavisBrothers For This Useful Post:


  9. #5
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,513

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: My Pacers Music Video

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well the brawl was to set up for the, "It's been a long time coming, and the table's turned around"
    Thanks
    Okay, I thought that may have been the case but wasn't sure. You could have conveyed "its a long time coming" with just a 20 second still shot of Murph in a Pacer's uniform

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:


  11. #6
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,271
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: My Pacers Music Video

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDavisBrothers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nice video...

    I like the idea behind it, with the brawl.

    The Jeff foul on Rose made me depressed, knowing I'll never get to see that again, but it also slapped a big ol smile on my face at the same time!
    And timed for "Don't cry like a ***** when you feel the pain." I thought that was perfect for Feisty Foster
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:


  13. #7
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,271
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: My Pacers Music Video

    Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Okay, I thought that may have been the case but wasn't sure. You could have conveyed "its a long time coming" with just a 20 second still shot of Murph in a Pacer's uniform
    Touché
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  14. #8
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,412

    Default Re: My Pacers Music Video

    Okay I assume you wan to get better, so i'm gonna lay into you a bit on this.

    I can see the angle you are going for here, but how you handled the opening sequence makes everything seem like we are still the team that will brawl with you in the stands. You go from fighting in the stands to current Pacers being physical and blocking shots and dunking over people. You need a more dramatic and tension building transition. After the brawl footage I would suggest that you start off with a game winner at different angles. A clip of Vogel at his first presser? Don't be afraid to mess with the video speed as well, you can make some great sequences by mixing in some slo-mo.

    Additionally its your choice of music. The story can't be told by just using the one song. I'd clearly define the brawl era with a different song. Some thing more pensive.

    Just my opinion though.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:


  16. #9
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,271
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: My Pacers Music Video

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Okay I assume you wan to get better, so i'm gonna lay into you a bit on this.

    I can see the angle you are going for here, but how you handled the opening sequence makes everything seem like we are still the team that will brawl with you in the stands. You go from fighting in the stands to current Pacers being physical and blocking shots and dunking over people. You need a more dramatic and tension building transition. After the brawl footage I would suggest that you start off with a game winner at different angles. A clip of Vogel at his first presser? Don't be afraid to mess with the video speed as well, you can make some great sequences by mixing in some slo-mo.

    Additionally its your choice of music. The story can't be told by just using the one song. I'd clearly define the brawl era with a different song. Some thing more pensive.

    Just my opinion though.
    I appreciate the constructive feedback. I chose the song for the whole, "its been coming, now its here"mentality. I never thought to involve Frank. And like i said, it was for school but I had fun making it. I'll definitely take your pointers to heart the next time.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

Similar Threads

  1. Pacers-Celtics Matchups (IndyStar)
    By ChicagoJ in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-28-2010, 09:36 AM
  2. A Digest Carol Revisited...
    By Peck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-19-2009, 11:13 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-31-2004, 08:26 AM
  4. <Place name of thread here>
    By MSA2CF in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-18-2004, 07:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •