Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Pacers/Suns postgame thread

Default Re: Pacers/Suns postgame thread

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We got out rebounded. Our defensive rotations were slow. We made stupid passes. Our starters offensive spacing was preseason form. We could not keep them out of the lane. If it was not for our bench we would have gotten blown out.

David West was worthless tonight. Darren was even more so. Danny's play was great. And we failed to go to Hibbert because only PG can throw an interior pass when Roy is fronted.
    First of all, we out rebounded them 39 to 37. Second, D. West played very solid tonight and shot 50% from the floor and two of his misses were no calls that should of been FT's. Darren also had a good game shooting 4/7 to go along with 7 AST's, and 3 REB's. Sure, neither of them put up all-star numbers but both played very good games.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post

Most people wouldn't have blown as many calls as the refs did tonight.

Six pairs of eyeballs missing stuff like that is inexcusable.

6 pairs??

Sometimes One has to just watch an artist work to really appreciate what the artist creates. STEVE NASH!!!!

How can you not love what he accomplishes, and wish he played on YOUR team! Example: falling down on the baseline with enough presence to pass the ball to Gortat for a basket. PURE ARTISTRY!!!!!!!!!!!! AND at 38 years young. WOW JUST WOW!

As a FA, he'll be in high demand this off season.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

Enjoying the Show BrownBearCoffee's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbert View Post
    First of all, we out rebounded them 39 to 37. Second, D. West played very solid tonight and shot 50% from the floor and two of his misses were no calls that should of been FT's. Darren also had a good game shooting 4/7 to go along with 7 AST's, and 3 REB's. Sure, neither of them put up all-star numbers but both played very good games.
    I agree with all of your points, save Collison's game, and I actually like Darren Collison. He was 4/7 yes, but at least 2 of those attempts were shots he probably shouldn't have been taking; that said, I don't care about his shooting percentage. What bothers me is his complete lack of defense. Hibbert gets a lot of flack for playing too high on the pick-n-roll, but if you look at games he really has no choice. Collison cannot keep anyone in front of him. This is creating a domino effect in our defensive rotations. He can score 25 every night, but until he learns to move his feet and fight through screens, our defense is going to be so up and down that it will be impossible to count on it, and we are supposed to be a defensive club.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BrownBearCoffee For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    Paul started disrupting or breaking up plays all over the place when he returned in the 2nd half and was a big reason why they salvaged a shot at the game. But why did it have to get to that point?

DC and Barbosa are NOT more valuable to the Pacers than Paul George. For every mistake he makes 2 critical defensive plays that break up a possession or slow it down enough to give the team a shot at defending it (like turning away a dribble penetration, no steal or block but the easy shot is prevented).

Because Larry went out and got another shooting guard. And Vogel insists on playing Dahntay Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    6 pairs??
    1:40 AM brain to keyboard fart. Plus my math scores were never all that great to begin with.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

THE PACER MANIAC ‏ @TheSandman21
    @pwilson24 Vogel say anything in post game press conference?

Phillip B Wilson Phillip B Wilson ‏ @pwilson24
    @TheSandman21 I asked about getting ejected, he said he couldn't say anything. Doesn't want to get fined.

Alas, Frank Vogel is a better man than I am. I'd have written the fine check right then and there.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

You know I must say I was a little worried about frank...he and my brother in law have known each other for awhile and when he got rehired I was worried that the job would be too much for him...I was dead wrong, franks the perfect guy for the job.

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!

The more I watch college basketball, the more I hate the NBA. I rarely see ticky tack fouls called in college ball but they get called on nearly every other play in the NBA. College basketball is the definition of physical.

If I was I was NBA commissioner, I'd clean house and clean this **** up.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacersalltheway10 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pacersalltheway10 View Post
    The more I watch college basketball, the more I hate the NBA. I rarely see ticky tack fouls called in college ball but they get called on nearly every other play in the NBA. College basketball is the definition of physical.

If I was I was NBA commissioner, I'd clean house and clean this **** up.
    Id be fine either way as long as it was CONSISTENT, I get it every fan base thinks its team is on the short end of the stick when it comes to foul calls but damn we're getting screwed and its getting old.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MiaDragon For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post

Also what is the deal with the lower Paul PT. Paul is still making mistakes for sure; has trouble with protecting his dribble, etc. But PAUL is the reason why they were able to start defending Gortat. It was Paul who rotated under Gortat on what would have been another easy 2 at the rim and knocked the ball loose.

Paul started disrupting or breaking up plays all over the place when he returned in the 2nd half and was a big reason why they salvaged a shot at the game. But why did it have to get to that point?

DC and Barbosa are NOT more valuable to the Pacers than Paul George. For every mistake he makes 2 critical defensive plays that break up a possession or slow it down enough to give the team a shot at defending it (like turning away a dribble penetration, no steal or block but the easy shot is prevented).

The staff and the players themselves better start figuring out where their bread is buttered because if they keep relying on the wrong plans or the wrong players it's only going to get worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    Because Larry went out and got another shooting guard. And Vogel insists on playing Dahntay Jones.
    I'm going to say it here because I don't know where else to put it... Paul George needs to be on the floor a minimum of 32 minutes a night. If that means cutting out Dahntay's minutes, so be it. He's too important to be pulled out of games for 10 minute stretches.

I know I'll get ridiculed for this, but I'm gonna say it anyway... I'm starting to worry about Paul being developed alongside Darren and Danny. Their lack of IQ is costing Paul a basket or two every game, and I'm afraid that some Danny's bad habits are beginning to rub off on Paul (shot selection).

People like to make the Reggie/Rose comparison here, but what helped Reggie be successful, besides the Davis boys screens, was the fact that he had great passers and play makers in Jackson and Rose to get him the ball. I think if we moved Paul to the SF, found our pointing PG and a SG that can make plays off the dribble, we'd see Paul's #'s skyrocket.

If Paul's the future of this team, and we think he's capable of being a superstar, then we need to start developing him like one. Most great players in the league were given the ball early and often to start their careers which in turn helped them develop faster.

Maybe I'm just impatient, but I don't like what I'm seeing.

edit: I got a feeling this is gonna be another thread ending post by CJ... . I'm good at that.
    Last edited by CJ Jones; 03-24-2012 at 05:23 PM.