Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Suns postgame thread

Default Re: Pacers/Suns postgame thread

Quote Originally Posted by D-BONE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I understand the sentiment. Officiating can be criticized here, but personally don't blame refs for losses unless it's absolutely egregious. We had opportunities in spite of calls, we just did not take advantage.
    I'm inclined to agree. Let's talk about that terrible step-back three from George with 12 secs still to play with on the shot clock, 50 secs in the game and only a three point difference.

Quote Originally Posted by D-BONE View Post
    Fair enough, but what I mean by that is they totally blow a call on a singular, game - deciding play. I say an excellent team overcomes the type of officiating like tonight. We're just not there yet.
    Bottom line there is a set of nba rules they need to go by them I understand refs will miss things but this make up calls superstar calls and all this other crap needs to stop

3. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to granger4mvp For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

I wonder just how good the Pacers could be if they could some how figure out defending a pick & roll.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Banta For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Banta View Post
    I wonder just how good the Pacers could be if they could some how figure out defending a pick & roll.
    Hibbert and DC in the PnR = too easy!
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

Fun game to watch, but it was another terribly officiated game. Gortat and Lopez might have went straight up once, the rest of the time they were fouling and weren't getting called for it. Grant Hill got away with a travel and foul on George's last shot too.

As bad as the officiating was, Franks last technical wasn't smart. Maybe he thought he saw something he didn't, but that was a bad time to give them another free point, and it came back to bite us.

Playing the Suns exposes our main weaknesses... pick & roll offense and defense. I can't explain why teams so easily disrupt our pick & roll, but yet we can't stop anyone. If we can't figure it out, we might as well steal someone's game plan because ours isn't working.

Despite the L... good games by a lot of the guys. Granger was a beast tonight.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CJ Jones For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Love Hibbert, but this team will always struggle on the PnR as long as he's on the floor. He just doesn't have the quickness to recover.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by 2minutes twoa View Post
    Love Hibbert, but this team will always struggle on the PnR as long as he's on the floor. He just doesn't have the quickness to recover.
    It would help if the d@mn coaches just told him not to go out so far...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to TheDavisBrothers For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TheDavisBrothers View Post
    Yeah, they need to break out some old game film and figure out how Rik Smits played the PnR! If he could do it, surely Roy can!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2minutes twoa For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    anyone who blindly defends nba officitiang is a moron. they screwed us and vogel can't even talk about it because th gestapo (NBA) will come down on him. The refs can dictate who wins any games and no one can say a thing about it.
    If I were Vogel, Id just bring the checkbook into the presser and write the fine check right then and there.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheDavisBrothers View Post
    this, I don't understand it. i'll let any center in the league take a contested 15 - 18 footer over a layup any day of the week over getting burned constantly on the PnR

17. The Following User Says Thank You to TheDon For This Useful Post:

1. Vogel cost us with 2 techs.
    2. Vogel cost us by letting DC stay on Nash in the 4th. Time after time I seen Gortat lay a superb screen on DC and then I watch DC just jog after Nash, no urgency to keep infront of the best passing PG in the game.
    3. Granger was taken out of the game with like 40 seconds left and the suns made a great offensive play. Terrible. Danny is a good defender you leave him in. If he fouls out he fouls out, you need to try and get the stop!
    4. Refs were slop, but what else is new in Pacer land? I'm convinced we will never get a fair game.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar

Sports Logo

Did anybody else think Brian Shaw did a heck of a job filling in for Vogel at the end? I liked his tactics.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PGisthefuture For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    We would have taken it to OT if Frank would have kept his mouth shut. That point ended up being the difference. I'm not ragging on Frank for getting the tech, at the time I think it was the right signal to send and no one can predict the final score. But if Frank would have made a different decision (he knew he was going to get tossed) the whole complexion of the last two minutes may be different.
    There's no way to know that. Maybe him getting tossed fired them up and without that Phoenix would have made a run to strongly close out the game. Who knows? There's no reason to say with such certainty that we could have taken it to OT if Frank had kept his mouth shut.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

Quote Originally Posted by gummy View Post
    There's no way to know that. Maybe him getting tossed fired them up and without that Phoenix would have made a run to strongly close out the game. Who knows? There's no reason to say with such certainty that we could have taken it to OT if Frank had kept his mouth shut.
    Read my post again, it concurs with everything you're saying.

Mood

Read my post again, it concurs with everything you're saying.
    Nah, I think your post wants to split it both ways and I want to come firmly down on one side.

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

Quote Originally Posted by gummy View Post
    Nah, I think your post wants to split it both ways and I want to come firmly down on one side.
    I work in politics, forgive me

Mood

I work in politics, forgive me

I have a degree in Poli Sci, so I had to call it.

Tough loss, nice to get a little laugh.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gummy For This Useful Post:

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

I'm not sure I want to go home and watch the replay of a game after which the poster I voted for for biggest sunshiner gets multiple thanks on a tirade against the game officials. Maybe I'll just watch Archer.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    I'm not sure I want to go home and watch the replay of a game after which the poster I voted for for biggest sunshiner gets multiple thanks on a tirade against the game officials. Maybe I'll just watch Archer.
    Good idea.

We ALMOST had a Reggie-like last second comeback... Only to have it ripped away on a blatant foul no-call.

At a certain point I just can't stand the petty double standards and terrible officiating anymore.
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't normally complain about officiating, except when it affects the outcome of the game:

Grant Hill straight up went up for a shot... decided against it in mid-air.... came back down to the ground, and then went up for his 2nd attempt ---- and no travelling called. How the F does that happen??

It resulted in a bucket they shouldn't have got, and subsequently a technical foul shot that shouldn't have occurred, and voila --- we lose by that amount.

There were a number of pretty bad officiating instances in this game. The road team had home officiating advantage in this game. Killed our momentum so many times down the stretch.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 03-23-2012 at 10:07 PM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

It was an alright game. Steve Nash Murdered us....so did the refs.

But I'm sooo glad that PG is becoming an option down the stretch lately and he has actually been successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    The only thing that needs to be said to describe this game is Steve Nash. He was the difference
    I sat on the floor for this game and I'm pretty sure the difference in this game were the referees, and I have never been one to make such a claim. Tonight was a very physical game the entire game and the refs let them play but is there an explanation for us being called for 30 fouls and the Suns just 20? We shot 22 FT's, Phoenix shot 37. Gortat is a heck of a player but he should of fouled out with 4:43 left in the fourth. There's a reason this was Frank's first ejection.

Also, I just got home and haven't checked the boards but I really hope that people on here aren't blaming any one of the players tonight for this loss. That would be sad and wrong since it just wasn't the case tonight.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Hibbert For This Useful Post:

boy, ain't this the truth. all these smart basketball guys making millions of dollars and they can't figure out how to help roy on the PnR. there's nobody else that can help? i just don't believe it can be firgured out. someone needs to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    For those complaining about the way the referees called the game, does anyone think a small home crowd translates to less favorable officiating?
    The crowd tonight had over a thousand more than we average on the year and it was very loud throughout the game. We let the refs no loud and clear on all the calls we didn't get but it didn't matter.

Nash shredded our defense and Gortat was a monster. That is all.

39. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post: