Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Indycar thread

A happy Roy is a good Roy DaveP63's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 2012 Indycar thread

I like Bob and think he's one of the best and most knowledgeable announcers that racing has ever had. All the way back to the "Thunder" races on ESPN. He will be missed.

As an aside, Lotus must give their boost "boost" back and will now be looking at running 204 for the race. Briefly.
    http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...nce-stephenson
    "But, first, let us now praise famous moments, because something happened Tuesday night in Indianapolis that you can watch a lifetimeís worth of professional basketball and never see again. There was a brief, and very decisive, and altogether unprecedented, outburst of genuine officiating, and it was directed at the best player in the world, and that, my dear young person, simply is not done."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DaveP63 For This Useful Post:

I wonder who will replace Bob in the booth? Paul Page's ears are probably perked up somewhere but who would do ESPN's Hot Dog eating contests... and the NHRA?

I wouldn't mind hearing Marty Reid with Jan and Wally but I assume Marty is under contract with ABC. As I said last year after the Vegas race and the Wheldon memorial, I ended up having a new found respect for Reid. I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt and some quality color guys over what ABC/ESPN gives him.

Bob Jenkins won't be easy to replace due to his knowledge and love of the sport.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Good question. Since it's so important to ABC, they'll probably retread one of their NASCRAP announcing crew. Maybe Rusty will come back!!!
    "But, first, let us now praise famous moments, because something happened Tuesday night in Indianapolis that you can watch a lifetimeís worth of professional basketball and never see again. There was a brief, and very decisive, and altogether unprecedented, outburst of genuine officiating, and it was directed at the best player in the world, and that, my dear young person, simply is not done."

Bob Jenkins plans to finish the season and then retire...

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Time to call my shot: Victory Circle will be found in the center of HINCHTOWN tomorrow!

Last edited by Sandman21; 05-26-2012 at 10:26 PM.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

I have no idea for tomorrow. Weather will be a factor and that might play into the hands of a money team like Penske or Ganassi. Or it might let one of the smaller teams have some luck fall their way with yellows negating some of P or G's preparation advantage.

Hinch is a as good of a pick as any I guess. Good driver. Good team. And Go Daddy would sure make some hay with the marketing of their car in Victory lane.

Hildebrand is probably going to learn the Shecter lesson... You're 'that' close to winning the Indy 500 in your first try and it slips away. But you were so close you think it will always be that easy and you'll have that opportunity multiple times. Then 'multiple times' never arrive....

I'd sure like to see Kanaan get one of these before too long.

I hope whoever wins is someone that moves the needle.

------

-John Wooden

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Mood

I'm going with Marco. Just have a feeling.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:

This is the first time in a long time that I don't have a feel about it. My heart says Hinch, but my head says Penske.

Ugh.... Freaking Princess.

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Feel bad for TK, but TGR didn't back into it either. Credit where credit is due.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to DaveP63 For This Useful Post:

Mood

I fried to a crisp out there just to see the damn Ganassi 1-2, but I had a blast.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    "Ego is edging greatness out" -Rick Pitino
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:

Mood

Also Sato was being stupid trying to pass that early, let alone there. I will give him that Franchitti hit him, but he should have tried the slingshot on the backstretch and that as a last ditch effort coming into 4.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    "Ego is edging greatness out" -Rick Pitino
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Also Sato was being stupid trying to pass that early, let alone there. I will give him that Franchitti hit him, but he should have tried the slingshot on the backstretch and that as a last ditch effort coming into 4.
    Absolutely correct. Wrong place, wrong time. He had him dead to rights.

The DW12 is definitely a winner on the ovals though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    The DW12 is definitely a winner on the ovals though.
    Agreed. I don't recall ever hearing the words "aero push" the entire two weeks. They seem to REALLY hate the white lines, though...

Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    I'm always pulling for Sato ever sense he was an up and coming driver in F1. But he has always been an impatient driver, who generally can drive the with the best of them. His Indycar career mimics his F1 career so far. Threatening late in the race until he takes himself out. I always like him though in F1 because he drove the **** out his cars with generally an inferior team and set up compared to the big teams.

Though lets be real, I don't think Dario has ever won a race with out driving into somebody.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

I will never forget when he grenaded his motor in the Honda at Monaco. Again, it was while he was flogging the dog **** out of it.

Mood

Would anyone else like to barf or is it just me?

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:

No, its not just you.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

This series is snakebit. Not only is the Detroit parade not necessarily a good momentum builder following Indy, but now the track is coming apart....

------

-John Wooden

This is ****ing embarassing. Although look at the bright side, no way to somehow hit a jet dryer!

To be rather honest, I think the racing would have been better if Indycar would have just black-flagged EJ for doing his best Milka Duno impression.... Can you say rolling chicane?

Reset the race to where Sato and Hinch crashed, then call it for the day and patch the track and come back tomorrow.
    Last edited by Sandman21; 06-03-2012 at 05:33 PM.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

I don't think they're going to want to run at 8 tonight, so I imagine the window is starting to close.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to DaveP63 For This Useful Post:

Light rain now. This baby probably needs to run tomorrow.

They used epoxy to patch the gigantor sized ditches. Should be nice and slick if they go green with the sprinkles!

Well, they only have to make it 15 more laps.... ugh.