Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 68

Thread: Are Griffin and the Clippers "dirty?"

  1. #26
    Member BornReady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    2,740

    Default Re: Are Griffin and the Clippers "dirty?"

    no, they are not dirty
    they just got irritated at us and tried to get under our skin the way we got under theirs

    guess how far it got them

  2. #27

    Default Re: Are Griffin and the Clippers "dirty?"

    The last play of the half was dirty IMO. Paul George jumped straight up to block Chris Paul's floater, and Chris, trying to draw a foul, grabbed George's hip and pulled him down on top of him. George easily could have injured a knee or ankle on that play. Chris Paul draws so many ticky tacky fouls and then he's allowed to grab and hold all game long? It's a bunch of BS.

    Also, I agree the Blake leg whip was intentional. He was mad Tyler fouled him hard, and it definitely looked like he rolled up on Tyler's legs on purpose. After he missed the free throws I thought to myself... ball don't lie *****!!

  3. #28
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    54
    Posts
    11,463

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Are Griffin and the Clippers "dirty?"

    Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Blake Griffin is an a55hat.
    Amazing dude can still dunk with kielbeze and IndyHoya and all those guys on his head. None of them is what I'd call "small".
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:


  5. #29
    the goat Haywoode Workman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    430

    Default Re: Are Griffin and the Clippers "dirty?"

    anyone know where i can see video of this? i must have missed it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Evans had at least one really dirty foul where he blatantly grabbed Tyler's arm and yanked him hard out of the way. It wasn't getting wrapped up or something and it wasn't accidental.

    CP3's neck grab was also dirty IMO. He was trying to instigate something or more likely draw the foul call.


    Griffin's leg whip was cheap, but seemed more emotional in reaction to the hard foul already going on. I can see that reaction in the spur of the moment.


    And Speed, I totally agree with out bad *** Hill was in holding up Griffin. Based on his reaction maybe George should just let him drop hard to the floor next time. Talk about "just trying to help". Sheesh.

  6. #30
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,171

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Are Griffin and the Clippers "dirty?"

    Maybe they just took too many pills.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:


  8. #31
    Member Dr. Awesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    4,231

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Are Griffin and the Clippers "dirty?"

    I missed Paul grabbing Lou by the neck.

    However, if that happened and the NBA ignored it, there is a serious problem. David Stern needs to be fired for his star treatment.

  9. #32
    Smooth tadscout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Greenfield
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,838
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Are Griffin and the Clippers "dirty?"

    This is why Tyler was so mad... of course national media doesn't show the 2nd angle that clearly shows why Tyler got so mad.

    http://www.nba.com/video/games/pacer..._ind_play6.nba

    Poor Tyler being molested by Kenyon Martin. (most visible near the end at a different angle -look at around the 50 sec mark)
    Last edited by tadscout; 03-21-2012 at 08:23 PM.
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

  10. #33
    Member spazzxb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    fort wayne In
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,805

    Default Re: Are Griffin and the Clippers "dirty?"

    so anyone have footage of butler violating Tyler. Figure that one should get passed around as a PSA.

  11. #34
    Smooth tadscout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Greenfield
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,838
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Are Griffin and the Clippers "dirty?"

    Quote Originally Posted by spazzxb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    so anyone have footage of butler violating Tyler. Figure that one should get passed around as a PSA.
    It is the link I just posted... It was K. Martin that did it.
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to tadscout For This Useful Post:


  13. #35
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,186

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Are Griffin and the Clippers "dirty?"

    Dirty, probably not.

    Overrated? Oh yeah!
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


  15. #36
    The Mole ColeTheMole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    551

    Default Re: Are Griffin and the Clippers "dirty?"

    Quote Originally Posted by Midcoasted View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It doesn't surprise me Hansbrough returns the favor and the wanna be ninja tries to leg whip his legs out from under him.
    Did you say ninja?

    DG for 3

  16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ColeTheMole For This Useful Post:


  17. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Franklin
    Posts
    415
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Are Griffin and the Clippers "dirty?"

    Yeah...I would be pissed if someone fingered me on the national stage and then taunted me afterwards. What an *******.

    At the very least, Butler should have been given a technical for taunting. CP3 grabbing Lou's neck was very obvious...I don't understand how that one slipped by the refs.

  18. #38
    Born ready? TheDavisBrothers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Davenport, IA
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,478
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Are Griffin and the Clippers "dirty?"

    1 thing I don't think was mentioned, was the Chris Paul nut punch that got him suspended in college! Allegedly the guy talked smack about his dead grandpa, but still you don't try to sneakily punch a dude in the sack. If you're really that p1$$ed about it then be a man about it at least...

  19. #39
    Member presto123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Noblesville, IN.
    Posts
    3,119

    Default Re: Are Griffin and the Clippers "dirty?"

    The Clipper team was acting like they had actually won something in the past. Win at least something guys and then you can be cocky. I like Griffin(most times) but he is one of the most over-rated players in the NBA.

  20. #40
    Dood. Ownagedood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Franklin
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,635

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Clipper team was acting like they had actually won something in the past. Win at least something guys and then you can be cocky. I like Griffin(most times) but he is one of the most over-rated players in the NBA.
    Give the man credit where credit is due...... he's pretty good at FTs.

  21. #41
    HE HIT! HE HIT! HE HIT! glazedham42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    378

    Default Re: Are Griffin and the Clippers "dirty?"

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Found the Luke Ridnour horse collar tackle by Blake.

    http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...ridnour-dirty/
    Kevin Love cracks me up in this video. I find it hilarious how he immediately runs over and starts caressing the referee. He's so over the top it's almost creepy. That guy is very strange....

  22. #42

    Default Re: Are Griffin and the Clippers "dirty?"

    Quote Originally Posted by Ownagedood View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Give the man credit where credit is due...... he's pretty good at FTs.
    Griffin is shooting a whopping 10 percentage points worse from the free throw line this year compared to last year (64% down to 54%). How in the world does that happen? Did he lose an eye or something? Did he train with Shaq during the offseason?

    Dood drained a three from the top of the key against the Pacers and then proceeded to miss 5 of 7 from the line. Bizarre.

  23. #43
    A happy Roy is a good Roy DaveP63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Farmerstucky
    Posts
    1,222

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Are Griffin and the Clippers "dirty?"

    Doesn't like to practice free throws.
    http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...nce-stephenson
    "But, first, let us now praise famous moments, because something happened Tuesday night in Indianapolis that you can watch a lifetime’s worth of professional basketball and never see again. There was a brief, and very decisive, and altogether unprecedented, outburst of genuine officiating, and it was directed at the best player in the world, and that, my dear young person, simply is not done."

  24. #44
    Member Hibbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Stay at ya mammy house
    Age
    32
    Posts
    976

    Default Re: Are Griffin and the Clippers "dirty?"

    Quote Originally Posted by glazedham42 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kevin Love cracks me up in this video. I find it hilarious how he immediately runs over and starts caressing the referee. He's so over the top it's almost creepy. That guy is very strange....
    Love is the softest player in the league. He didn't do **** to help his teammate cause it was "superstar" that took his teammate down. What a *****. He will get his, Blake too.

  25. #45
    Member spreedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,536

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Are Griffin and the Clippers "dirty?"

    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Love is the softest player in the league. He didn't do **** to help his teammate cause it was "superstar" that took his teammate down.


  26. #46
    Eating some cranbaisins The Sleeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Lafayette, IN
    Posts
    940

    Default Re: Are Griffin and the Clippers "dirty?"

    Clippers Dirty?...No
    K-Mart's finger?.....Yes

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to The Sleeze For This Useful Post:

    J7F

  28. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Anderson
    Posts
    1,147
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Are Griffin and the Clippers "dirty?"

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDavisBrothers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    1 thing I don't think was mentioned, was the Chris Paul nut punch that got him suspended in college! Allegedly the guy talked smack about his dead grandpa, but still you don't try to sneakily punch a dude in the sack. If you're really that p1$$ed about it then be a man about it at least...
    I dont blame him one bit. Hell I would have laid him out AND then sent a swift kick to his nuts while he was down.

  29. #48
    Member Derek2k3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Posts
    1,579
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Are Griffin and the Clippers "dirty?"

    Quote Originally Posted by The Sleeze View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Clippers Dirty?...No
    K-Mart's finger?.....Yes
    Well, its dirty now.


    Personally, I don't mind the Reggie Evans stuff, as he and Tyler were giving it to each other.

    The CP3 neck grab wasn't that bad, I really didn't think he was intending to drag Lou down. I didn't care for the way he yanked Paul though, that was bull.

    The Blake stuff was straight dirty, he's a complete punk.
    1. He's a ridiculous flopper. I remember watching the Wolves/Clips game in January, between him and Love someone was falling over every play.
    2. He's dirty. Pushes, pulls, trips. Not "wily" like Jeff or even Kurt Thomas/Brad Miller, just a straight dirty player.

    I genuinely believe that leg whip was intentional, watch it again and you'll see. He's going down, then all the sudden whips his leg over.

    I'm ok with a lot of physical play, but not that crap. We really could have used Jeff in there, he would have made his feelings clear.

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to Derek2k3 For This Useful Post:


  31. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Anderson
    Posts
    1,147
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Are Griffin and the Clippers "dirty?"

    Quote Originally Posted by Derek2k3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We really could have used Jeff in there, he would have made his feelings clear.
    +1

  32. #50
    Born ready? TheDavisBrothers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Davenport, IA
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,478
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Are Griffin and the Clippers "dirty?"

    Quote Originally Posted by LetsTalkPacers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I dont blame him one bit. Hell I would have laid him out AND then sent a swift kick to his nuts while he was down.
    I just think the nuts are a sacred area, you don't go there...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •