Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 53

Thread: Peyton to the Broncos....

  1. #1
    Member ejwallace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    836
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Peyton to the Broncos....

    1070 The Fan ‏ @1070thefan
    BREAKING: Peyton Manning to sign with Denver Broncos according to @espn's @mortreport

  2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ejwallace For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: Peyton to the Broncos....

    Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter Close
    More filed to ESPN: And now that Peyton Manning has directed his agent to get deal done with Denver, Broncos will try to trade Tim Tebow.

  4. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Peyton to the Broncos....

    Aaron Nagler ‏ @Aaron_Nagler Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    Schefter says the Broncos will bring in Jeff Saturday, who had planned on visiting Green Bay

  5. #4

    Default Re: Peyton to the Broncos....

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter Close
    More filed to ESPN: And now that Peyton Manning has directed his agent to get deal done with Denver, Broncos will try to trade Tim Tebow.
    I hope he gets a WR there to help.

  6. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Peyton to the Broncos....

    Good deal for Peyton, first time in his life where he is going to have a competent defense, hopefully they trade Tebow so the Tebow followers don't destroy Peyton.

  7. #6
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,209
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Peyton to the Broncos....

    tebow as Colts Backup?






    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  8. #7

    Default Re: Peyton to the Broncos....

    Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    tebow as Colts Backup?
    Tebow to Miami, the team no one wants to play for apparently.

  9. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Peyton to the Broncos....

    Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    tebow as Colts Backup?






    Hell no!!

  10. #9
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,466

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Peyton to the Broncos....

    The best team after him was clearly San Francisco. I wonder if the thought of playing Eli in the playoffs turned him away? Archie has always said he doesn't really like when they play each other. Or maybe he didn't think him and Harbaugh could get along well enough. I don't know, I'm just guessing. But from the outside looking in, San Francisco was the best team after him and it's not even close.

  11. #10
    The Mole ColeTheMole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    551

    Default Re: Peyton to the Broncos....

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The best team after him was clearly San Francisco. I wonder if the thought of playing Eli in the playoffs turned him away? Archie has always said he doesn't really like when they play each other. Or maybe he didn't think him and Harbaugh could get along well enough. I don't know, I'm just guessing. But from the outside looking in, San Francisco was the best team after him and it's not even close.
    Really? I think Denver offers him just as much as San Fran does.
    DG for 3

  12. #11
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,466

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Peyton to the Broncos....

    Quote Originally Posted by ColeTheMole View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really? I think Denver offers him just as much as San Fran does.

    Everything good that Denver has is better in San Francisco.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  14. #12
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,251
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Peyton to the Broncos....

    How about tebow play tight end? They need that anyway
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  15. #13
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    19,927

    Default Re: Peyton to the Broncos....

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The best team after him was clearly San Francisco. I wonder if the thought of playing Eli in the playoffs turned him away? Archie has always said he doesn't really like when they play each other. Or maybe he didn't think him and Harbaugh could get along well enough. I don't know, I'm just guessing. But from the outside looking in, San Francisco was the best team after him and it's not even close.
    Money?
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:


  17. #14
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,469

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Peyton to the Broncos....

    I was honest to goodness afraid he was going to go to the Titans, glad that isn't the case. Not sure what the 49ers cap looked like, but it really appears that Peyton may have been seeking the most money rather than the best team.

  18. #15
    The Mole ColeTheMole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    551

    Default Re: Peyton to the Broncos....

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Everything good that Denver has is better in San Francisco.
    I would say Denver's O-line is better...they allowed less sacks last year even with Tebow running amuck in the backfield. I would say Denver's secondary is better...I would argue that the LBs are even...seems like same story to me.
    DG for 3

  19. #16
    Member ejwallace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    836
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Peyton to the Broncos....

    ESPN was reporting that on the 9th Elway discussed a 5 year $95M deal with Peyton.....I will see if I can find support for it...

    http://kansascity.sbnation.com/kansa...ear-95-million
    Last edited by ejwallace; 03-19-2012 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Found it....

  20. #17

    Default Re: Peyton to the Broncos....

    Quote Originally Posted by ColeTheMole View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would say Denver's O-line is better...they allowed less sacks last year even with Tebow running amuck in the backfield. I would say Denver's secondary is better...I would argue that the LBs are even...seems like same story to me.


    The Colts O-line allowed less sacks than both so I guess we had the better O-line.

    The niners were clearly a better team than the Broncos especially on defense. They allowed less points, less yards and even less plays.

  21. #18
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,466

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Peyton to the Broncos....

    Quote Originally Posted by ColeTheMole View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would say Denver's O-line is better...they allowed less sacks last year even with Tebow running amuck in the backfield. I would say Denver's secondary is better...I would argue that the LBs are even...seems like same story to me.

    Running back? Give me Frank Gore over McGahee anyway. They both had about 1200 yards last year, but I think Gore is far more likely to replicate that this year than McGahee is. McGahee is 30 years old and hadn't had a season like that since like 07.

    What about Vernon Davis? Look at Manning's success with Clark. He'd make Davis look like the best TE ever.

    Hell, assuming he is in shape, I think Moss could have had some success with him. Moss was on his best behavior during the first couple of years with Brady and Belichick, so I think he would have been a good soldier with Manning and Harbaugh, especially considering this is probably his last stop. You can't forget about Crabtree either.

    All reports say that Manning jived well with Elway, Bowlen, and Fox. Harbaugh is without a doubt a hot head and Manning has never had that sort of coach before. I bet that played a part in it. And SF plays NYG next year since they both won the division, plus there would have been a good chance he met up with Eli in the playoffs.

    SF has so much offensive talent, they made Alex Smith look good. Manning would have had a bunch of toys there and a beast defense to back him up. They are a better team than Denver.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 03-19-2012 at 12:35 PM.

  22. #19

    Default Re: Peyton to the Broncos....

    Well, too bad Manning won't go to another Super Bow.

  23. #20
    Rooting My Family 2 Glory CooperManning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,286

    Default Re: Peyton to the Broncos....

    The 49ers defense is definitely better than the Broncos (and everyone else's in the league), but Denver's o-line shouldn't be downplayed. Super strong left-side with Clady and Beadles. And they'll be adding Saturday for extra help.

    The Broncos have a bunch of cap room, so expect them to sign Dallas too. Demaryius Thomas is a solid young WR, about to enter his 3rd year, aka the breakout year for WRs. If Peyton can make Stokley and Collie look like a pro-bowlers, he can likely do the same with Eric Decker who had a good rookie season. McGahee is a solid vet and good leader.

    Consider all the other aspects the 49ers had going against them:
    Crazier coach, NFC, less cap room, more divas (Moss, Crabtree), bigger city

    and it's not that hard to see why Peyton picked the Broncos. I wish he went elsewhere, I've never been much of a Bronco(/Elway) fan, but I'll still support him.

  24. #21
    Can see thru wooden doors dal9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,909

    Default Re: Peyton to the Broncos....

    Quote Originally Posted by CooperManning View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    and it's not that hard to see why Peyton picked the Broncos. I wish he went elsewhere, I've never been much of a Bronco(/Elway) fan, but I'll still support him.
    I should hope so; he is your brother, after all.

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to dal9 For This Useful Post:


  26. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Peyton to the Broncos....

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    The Colts O-line allowed less sacks than both so I guess we had the better O-line.

    The niners were clearly a better team than the Broncos especially on defense. They allowed less points, less yards and even less plays.
    Those stats are meaningless. The Bronco's had no QB and they gave the ball back to opposing offense over and over again. Peyton will get long drives and help keep that defense off of the field. Bronco's got 1/3 of their points from their defense.......

  27. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,311

    Default Re: Peyton to the Broncos....

    I'm happy, now maybe the Colts faithful can turn the page....
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  28. #24

    Default Re: Peyton to the Broncos....

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Those stats are meaningless. The Bronco's had no QB and they gave the ball back to opposing offense over and over again. Peyton will get long drives and help keep that defense off of the field. Bronco's got 1/3 of their points from their defense.......
    The time of possesion difference between the Niners and Broncos was a little over 2 minutes/game. Thats not a great difference and if those stats are meaningless then why are the top 5 teams the ones everyone agrees are the best defensive teams.

  29. #25
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Peyton to the Broncos....

    ESPN has the worst photo-shopped picture I have ever seen on their front page right now.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Similar Threads

  1. Peyton Manning meets Friday with...Broncos?
    By Ransom in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 03-19-2012, 03:30 PM
  2. Grantland: The Possible Destinations for One Peyton Manning
    By Lance George in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-17-2011, 10:24 PM
  3. Talking football with Archie, Peyton and Eli
    By Basketball Fan in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-26-2011, 05:21 PM
  4. Archie Manning: Peyton not destined for broadcast booth
    By Basketball Fan in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-17-2011, 11:44 AM
  5. Broncos WR Kenny McKinley committed suicide
    By Basketball Fan in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-23-2010, 09:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •