Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: Orlando scores 59 points against Bulls

  1. #1
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Orlando scores 59 points against Bulls

    Wow. That is some amazing defense.

    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore...gid=2012031919

    I bet Dwight's glad he stuck around.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St. Bonaventure, NY
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,835
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Orlando scores 59 points against Bulls

    Thibs is the fastest coach ever to 100 wins that's a pretty impressive accomplishment

  4. #3
    immortal shaman rat king Ratking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Wilderness Fortress, Sahara Desert
    Posts
    792
    Mood

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Orlando scores 59 points against Bulls

    Half this board would commit seppuku if that were us scoring 59 against a Rose-less Bulls.
    We got a new weapon this time around: a Lance forged on the Isle de Coney, built for piercing trolls and false kings alike! Prince Paul rides with this Lance at hand, from the West fortress on Mt. Hibb. He shall pierce the demon heart of your misguided Cavalier, and he shall claim his crown.

    ~War cry of the Ratking (2013 ECF)

  5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ratking For This Useful Post:


  6. #4
    Can see thru wooden doors dal9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,910

    Default Re: Orlando scores 59 points against Bulls

    Hopefully it was Opposite Day when DH said he would opt in.

  7. #5
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Orlando scores 59 points against Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by Ratking View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Half this board would commit seppuku if that were us scoring 59 against a Rose-less Bulls.
    And it's not like Orlando's some awful team. They're still #3 in the East.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  8. #6
    Member jeffg-body's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Anderson, IN
    Posts
    3,400
    Mood

    Default Re: Orlando scores 59 points against Bulls

    At the end of the game I was rooting for Orlando to get above the 60 point mark but it just didn't happen.

  9. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Orlando scores 59 points against Bulls

    @jmikeNBAusat: As long as #Magic rely on 3pt shooting, it's gonna be feast or famine. They will win big or lose big #nba

  10. #8
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,871

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Orlando scores 59 points against Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    @jmikeNBAusat: As long as #Magic rely on 3pt shooting, it's gonna be feast or famine. They will win big or lose big #nba
    It's not exactly of winning big or losing big. It's a matter of scoring big or scoring little. However, if they win it will usually depend of their 3pt shooting so I agree.

    Orlando's low scoring games:

    56 @ Boston

    59 vs Chicago

    67 @ New Orleans

    69 @ Philadelphia

    However, Orlando has scored more than 100 points in 22 games.

    Conversely, Indiana has only scored less than 80 points once in this season (72 @ Chicago). However, Indiana has scored more than 100 points only 12 times.
    Last edited by Nuntius; 03-21-2012 at 11:14 PM.

  11. #9
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,710

    Default Re: Orlando scores 59 points against Bulls

    I watched only parts of the game. But the Magic can be an easy team to defend if you do not have to help on Dwight Howard. If you can play him one-on-one, and stay with the outside shooters, the Magic have hardly any creators.

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  13. #10
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,251
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Orlando scores 59 points against Bulls

    When they aren't draining the triple's they aren't going to be close.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  14. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    136

    Default Re: Orlando scores 59 points against Bulls

    So can Orlando trade Howard this offseason? If so, that would be their best option. He doesn't want to be there, and they won't be up against a trade deadline. They would likely get much better offers in the offseason than they would before the trade deadline.

  15. #12
    Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    In the Washington DC area
    Posts
    4,302
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Orlando scores 59 points against Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow. That is some amazing defense.

    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore...gid=2012031919

    I bet Dwight's glad he stuck around.
    He opted in right after they beat Miami. And it's only for one more year, so she can change her mind.

  16. #13
    Dood. Ownagedood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Franklin
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,635

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Orlando scores 59 points against Bulls

    If the Bulls are able to sign Fisher, I think they become my favorite to win a championship. I first had Miami, but im starting to doubt that, especially if Chicago adds a vet like that.

  17. #14
    Member Hibbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Stay at ya mammy house
    Age
    32
    Posts
    976

    Default Re: Orlando scores 59 points against Bulls

    This just goes to show everyone how good of a coach Thibs really is and also how good Chicago is this year. Rose has missed 14 games and in that time the Bulls went 10-4, that's incredible with the last three wins coming against Miami, Orlando, and Philly. This Bulls team is a lot better than last years Bulls team. Rip Hamilton turned out to be of no help to them but there bench is at the top of the league. They are very deep and versatile and I can now see them beating Miami in a seven game series.

  18. #15
    Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    In the Washington DC area
    Posts
    4,302
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Orlando scores 59 points against Bulls

    Orlando played the night before and Chicago was fresh.

  19. #16

    Default Re: Orlando scores 59 points against Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by Ratking View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Half this board would commit seppuku if that were us scoring 59 against a Rose-less Bulls.
    odds are, i would be one of them. man, orlando was horrible. and chicago was chicago. lucas the third was very nice, IIRC.

    Quote Originally Posted by MyFavMartin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Orlando played the night before and Chicago was fresh.
    funny how that matters for everyone except the pacers. when they have the extra rest, they still can't take advantage of it.

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xIndyFan For This Useful Post:


  21. #17

    Default Re: Orlando scores 59 points against Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    However, Orlando has scored 22 times more than 100 points.
    The Magic scored 2200 points in a game this year?!

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Eddie Gill For This Useful Post:


  23. #18
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,871

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Orlando scores 59 points against Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Gill View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Magic scored 2200 points in a game this year?!
    I guess I should fix my wording

  24. #19
    Member spreedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,536

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Orlando scores 59 points against Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    @jmikeNBAusat: As long as #Magic rely on 3pt shooting, it's gonna be feast or famine. They will win big or lose big #nba

    I'm not sure that people who trot out the whole "live by the 3, die by the 3" argument with Orlando understand that they routinely lead the league in fewest long twos. Meaning they take the extra step back to make the shot much more efficient. I don't think the 59 points means that they have any huge problems or that Chicago has the best defense of all-time or anything; I think it's just a product of the 66-game condensed schedule. Every team is going to have a few terrible games throughout the season.

  25. #20
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,822

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Orlando scores 59 points against Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not exactly of winning big or losing big. It's a matter of scoring big or scoring little. However, if they win it will usually depend of their 3pt shooting so I agree.

    Orlando's low scoring games:

    56 @ Boston

    59 vs Chicago

    67 @ New Orleans

    69 @ Philadelphia

    However, Orlando has scored more than 100 points in 22 games.

    Conversely, Indiana has only scored less than 80 points once in this season (72 @ Chicago). However, Indiana has scored more than 100 points only 12 times.
    I was gonna say, Orlando has had some pretty pitiful performances this year.

  26. #21
    '12 PD Sunshiner awardee Kemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    A-Town , Indiana
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,967

    Talking Re: Orlando scores 59 points against Bulls

    LOL

    Last edited by Kemo; 03-30-2012 at 01:56 PM.

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to Kemo For This Useful Post:


  28. #22
    Born ready? TheDavisBrothers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Davenport, IA
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,478
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Orlando scores 59 points against Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LOL

    WTF?!

  29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheDavisBrothers For This Useful Post:


  30. #23
    Member ksuttonjr76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Marion, IA
    Posts
    3,360

    Default Re: Orlando scores 59 points against Bulls

    Personally, it never made any REAL sense why he wanted to leave Orlando. In the BIG picture, there is not that many "superstars" left that he can team up with to help battle the Heat, Knicks (after the coach change Knicks anyways), Thunder, and Bulls.

    IMHO, Indiana and Philadephia are really the only non-superstar teams that he could help to a championship.

  31. #24
    Remember #31 dohman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    1,333

    Default Re: Orlando scores 59 points against Bulls

    The magic are one of those teams where when they look bad they look REAL bad. Their offense is so heavy on dwight that if he is not demanding a double team like buck said the outside shooters simply cannot get their open looks.

    If their shooters are missing open looks its just as bad. But when they are hitting shots they are going to destroy you and make JOB have wet dreams.

Similar Threads

  1. Lucas III scores 24, Bulls beat Heat 106-102 (Yahoo! Sports) [Y! Sports]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-15-2012, 12:20 AM
  2. Ilyasova scores 31 points as Bucks beat Raptors (Yahoo! Sports) [Y! Sports]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-11-2012, 08:10 PM
  3. Rose scores 35 as Bulls hold off 76ers 96-91 (Yahoo! Sports) [Y! Sports]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-04-2012, 10:30 PM
  4. Award Watch: Rookie of the Year(PG on da rise baby)
    By 90'sNBARocked in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-26-2011, 12:32 PM
  5. A new way judge a team's defense
    By Unclebuck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-25-2005, 10:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •