Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Pacers/NY postgame thread

Default Re: Pacers/NY postgame thread

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    2 points in half time and bad D can do that to a player, Vogel made the right decision in not bringing him back.
    I disagree, He did not get many touches in the 1st half. If they bring Novak on as the 4, they we should have punished them with Power post play from West.

Several times they went with a really small line up and we matched them up with some odd line ups of our own that arguably never played together.
    Last edited by graphic-er; 03-17-2012 at 11:12 PM.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    I disagree, He did not get many touches in the 1st half. If they bring Novak on as the 4, they we should have punished them with Power post play from West.
    They tried before and didn't work, also a 3 is worth more than a 2.

We had some good match ups with Tyler and David at times, but we didn't go to them a lot, and when we did it was like we were all too excited about it; every attempt was rushed and the others didn't have great spacing.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jeffg-body View Post
    Youth can be a real pain in the ***. It is hard watching this young team grow. Through the good times and bad times is the identity of a young team. Hopefully we can get it together and finish the season strong. At least Roy had a good game tonight.
    Here we go again with the young team excuse again

Let's look at today numbers from our young starting players:

Roy: 24 points 12 reb and 2 assists

DC: 15 points 6 reb and 3 assists

Paul George: 18 points 4 rebounds and 4 assists

Now let's look at the not so young starters in our team:

Danny Granger: 11 points 4 reb and 1 assists

David West: 3 points 5 reb and 3 assists.

So yeah once again I don't buy the "we are a young team bs"

. . . If your that worried about Super Novak how about you make him guard West in the post?
    yeah, the pacers tried that once maybe a couple times, but they did a really poor job of getting west the ball. and evidently NYK's doubled so well that no one could get any kind of shot off. it was strange. like they've never done it before.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Here we go again with the young team excuse again

Let's look at today numbers from our young starting players:

Roy: 24 points 12 reb and 2 assists

DC: 15 points 6 reb and 3 assists

Paul George: 18 points 4 rebounds and 4 assists

Now let's look at the not so young starters in our team:

Danny Granger: 11 points 4 reb and 1 assists

David West: 3 points 5 reb and 3 assists.

So yeah once again I don't buy the "we are a young team bs"
    NO doubt DG & WEST came up small.
    Avatar photo credit: Bahram Mark Sobhani - AP

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to odeez For This Useful Post:

This is my opinion and I hope not to offend anyone. Knicks' talent wise are on a completely higher level then the Pacers, it is not even close. Being that said the only way the Pacers could have won this game is if the veterans could have stepped up to the plate. We all know what happens next. The only thing I could say is what the hell happen to Granger; this is by far his worst year ever. We all know he could do better, but right now he looks like a boat anchor on the floor. He is just dragging the team down. Come on Granger wake the hell up and play like we know you can!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to tflo For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

This was an exciting play by DC, throw it down little guy.

http://www.nba.com/video/games/pacer..._ind_play3.nba
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

We need a franchise player.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacemaker For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tflo View Post
    This is my opinion and I hope not to offend anyone. Knicks' talent wise are on a completely higher level then the Pacers, it is not even close. Being that said the only way the Pacers could have won this game is if the veterans could have stepped up to the plate. We all know what happens next. The only thing I could say is what the hell happen to Granger; this is by far his worst year ever. We all know he could do better, but right now he looks like a boat anchor on the floor. He is just dragging the team down. Come on Granger wake the hell up and play like we know you can!
    Now come on, Granger did not have a great came offensively but he held Melo in check pretty well, and he had a monster block before the half. So I feel his effort was there. We just didn't get any real production from our bench tonight, not to mention our Starting PF. Which is insane because I don't think Amare can guard West.

We just didn't play good enough Defense. The Knicks had there way with us in the Lane again tonight.

Knicks have a lot of depth. Lin went to the bench with 2 minutes left in the 1st with 2 fouls. Then New York made their run on us in the 2nd.
    Last edited by graphic-er; 03-18-2012 at 01:51 AM.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Now come on, Granger did not have a great came offensively but he held Melo in check pretty well, and he had a monster block before the half. So I feel his effort was there. We just didn't get any real production from our bench tonight, not to mention our Starting PF. Which is insane because I don't think Amare can guard West.

We just didn't play good enough Defense. The Knicks had there way with us in the Lane again tonight.

Knicks have a lot of depth. Lin went to the bench with 2 minutes left in the 1st with 2 fouls. Then New York made their run on us in the 2nd.
    You are right. I always over react every time the Pacers loose

Sports Logo

Man, Granger is our go to guy and he's shooting 39%. He just sucks this season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Piston Prince
    Bobcat fans telling us to cheer up = epic fail season
    "Josh Smith Re-building the city of Detroit one brick at a time"

We need a point guard.
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rock747 For This Useful Post:

Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by tflo View Post
    The Knicks are loaded with talent and it's showing now... if you look at their roster and their record it makes you wonder how bad of a coach D'Antoni is...

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PGisthefuture For This Useful Post:

A happy Roy is a good Roy DaveP63's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PGisthefuture View Post
    The Knicks are loaded with talent and it's showing now... if you look at their roster and their record it makes you wonder how bad of a coach D'Antoni is...
    This^^^
    http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...nce-stephenson
    "But, first, let us now praise famous moments, because something happened Tuesday night in Indianapolis that you can watch a lifetime’s worth of professional basketball and never see again. There was a brief, and very decisive, and altogether unprecedented, outburst of genuine officiating, and it was directed at the best player in the world, and that, my dear young person, simply is not done."

I've post this in the other thread, but still worth post here also.

Our starter possess below average passing ability.
    Both of our wing player are below average ball handler.
    Both of our bigs are slow and not strong rebounder. Hibbert are better, but the combination of these two are below average.
    Out PG are small, and often defense slack, and not passing well.

Combination of these factors, a good team defense can take away our 1st and 2nd offensive choices.

When we are forced to execute the offense on-on-one, the chance of winning the game is the chance of Granger hit his perimeter shots.

Formerly QuickRelease NapTonius Monk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Smith View Post
    He's got the "this is the team I came to?" face. lol
    It's not like he just came from the Heat.

Next stop June 2015

Quote Originally Posted by PGisthefuture View Post
    D'Antoni is not a bad coach. His teams have won a phenomenal percentage of games. The players (Carmello and Baron Davis primarily) don't want to play D'Antoni's system. Carmello wants to play the way he wants to play. Baron wants time on the floor ahead of Lin. ESPN pretty much explains the entire deal:

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/stor...ording-sources

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Team D has not been strong since early in the year. NYK broke 100 on us consecutive nights. Meanwhile, last night, after our 35 point opening quarter, we only managed 53 the rest of the game.

Bench gave us nothing. Granger & West gave us virtually nothing - our supposed veteran leadership. DC with some point production, but on poor FG%, lots of minutes, and I don't care about the way the offense uses him only 3 assists.

Agree the Knicks may be starting to find themselves and they have a talented group, but IMO getting swept on a home and home is still not acceptable if we are really as improved as we say we are - meaning a legit 4-5 seed contender.

Heck, that expectation seems to be slowly eroding with each passing week. We once felt we had a chance at three. Don't look know but we're only a little ahead of Boston and even NYK and Milwaukee are not out of striking distance.

Follow two solid home wins this week with two games of chickenshit. Call me impatient, but I'm tired of the young team schtick. Granger, Hill, West, and soon Barbosa have enough experience. They need to step up an lead bye example of their PLAY. Another 7-8 seed 1st round loss will equal time to move some sacred cows on this board in the off season.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata