Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pacers/NY postgame thread

Default Re: Pacers/NY postgame thread

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was going to add that caveat, but I wanted to stay positive.
    sry.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by MiaDragon View Post
    His D was still pretty bad as was his inability to maintain position on either side of the floor.
    His D wasn't up to Roy at his best, but it wasn't horrible. I've really been watching for this in the past half dozen games and have come to the conclusion that while Roy struggles to hold his position at times, there are also many times when he gets good position briefly and nobody gets him the ball. Basketball is a game of seconds. You get him the ball quickly and he'd do better. He'd still struggle at times because he has awkward balance, but he'd do better. Sometimes he passes it out and re-posts deeper and doesn't get it right back (that happened twice this evening).

Hibbert was the least of our problems tonight. He looked like an NBA player again, which is more than I can say for some of our other personnel.
    Last edited by gummy; 03-17-2012 at 09:09 PM.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gummy For This Useful Post:

I think everyone should limit themselves to one "Darren Collison sucks" post per day - it's really not constructive in any way, shape or form.

Also, can we change the name of the forum to "Pacers Disgust"?

5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:

We just got checked by a better team. Period.
    Avatar photo credit: Bahram Mark Sobhani - AP

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to odeez For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I am nowhere near as down on DC as many here. But I do think that switching Hill to the starting lineup (at least a test run) would really help us out early in games.

DC would be much better coming out against the 2nd unit it seems. He just does not have the confidence in his ballhandling and decision making skills right now to be responsible for directing the first unit offense.
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

9. The Following User Says Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    I can't be the only one who wants to go downtown and punch everyone with a Lin jersey/sign/Knicks T-shirt in the face.

I doubt most of them can name an NBA player outside of the Knicks, or even cared that the NBA existed 2 months ago. That's just irking me for some reason.
    All the cheering win Lin scored made me sick to my stomach. The Pacers are 100% responsible for their play on the court, though I imagine it feels crappy when your "home" crowd is either virtually non-existent or rooting for the other team. Of course, the quality of play and the crowd issues are connected. Just all around.

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

I remember at the beginning of the season when we were all playing so well. I kept thinking about how much better we would be once David West and George Hill got acclimated to the team. The opposite has happened. The whole team has regressed.

#1 priority this off season is a PG who knows where to put the ball. They should do whatever it takes to get Nash or Rondo or draft someone with real court awareness to play the position.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PaceBalls For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by odeez View Post
    We just got checked by a better team. Period.
    This is really the fact of the matter. They have a lot of talent. Goodness, they have Baron Davis, Mike Bibby and Jeremy Lin who have been or are all-star caliber PG's. They have Chandler who is a stud in the paint. They have Carmello who is one of the better SF's in the game. They have good shooters. Their backups are all-star caliber players in several instances.

Edit: oh, and Amare remains a good PF. Was one of the very best players in the league at one time. They really are loaded with talent.
    Last edited by BlueNGold; 03-17-2012 at 08:56 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

We got worked on the 50/50 balls that pretty much costed us the game.

I'd love to give Hill a try as the starter. D would be better at least.

DC and Barbosa on the second unit would be sick. Other teams couldn't keep up.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

At least tonight I felt like for the most part they were trying. The problem is only two or three guys had a good game. Frustrating to be sure, but really tonight was nothing like last night in terms of the energy level. Sure, there were a few stretches where I would've liked to have seen them play a little harder, but overall this was a much better effort tonight.

And it has to be said as many times as is necessary for everyone to see it and acknowledge it, the New York Knicks are playing much, much better now than they have been all year. Them changing head coaches just before we played them was brutal, and having Danny Granger's comment reach their ears was the icing on the cake.

I am far from happy right now, but at the same time I'm still not too discouraged about the team in the longer term sense. I still think they can bounce back and have a good end to the season. I truly believe that they will have a good showing in the playoffs this year.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    I hate the Knicks I suppose, but I don't understand all the venom directed at Lin and his fans. It's good for the game to get some international attention IMO.
    It's like if the Pacers signed Justin Bieber. You'd have a ton of people who had no clue WTF they are talking about, screaming, throwing huge fits over everything he did like nobody had ever done it before and just generally sounding stupid. Yet, they act like they're the biggest fans on the planet, and probably don't even know where the top of the key is on the floor. These same people didn't care a lick until he played well for a couple weeks. Bet they weren't at Warriors games in Conseco with those jerseys.

It's the same thing to me as Yankee "fans" who only are 'fans' because Jay-Z wears a Yankee hat. Yet if you asked them what a 6-4-3 is, they'll look at you like you're stupid. They don't have a clue. They know how to read a box score and gloat, but that's all.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:

By the way, it should have been painfully obvious yet again tonight why getting Leandro Barbosa was an important move for us. We still desperately need more scoring and shooting, particularly from the bench. Aside from managing the team in the floor general sense, I am more than ready to see AJ Price have a seat. Replacing his time on the floor with Barbosa should be a nice net gain for the team.

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    I am nowhere near as down on DC as many here. But I do think that switching Hill to the starting lineup (at least a test run) would really help us out early in games.

DC would be much better coming out against the 2nd unit it seems. He just does not have the confidence in his ballhandling and decision making skills right now to be responsible for directing the first unit offense.
    If nothing else, having George Hill, defensively, at the starting point guard position might just significantly help to prevent some of these holes we seem to dig for ourselves at the beginning of these losses.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

The Pacers are 9 - 12 in the last 21 games.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    By the way, it should have been painfully obvious yet again tonight why getting Leandro Barbosa was an important move for us. We still desperately need more scoring and shooting, particularly from the bench. Aside from managing the team in the floor general sense, I am more than ready to see AJ Price have a seat. Replacing his time on the floor with Barbosa should be a nice net gain for the team.
    I just have to say that when I read your posts these days I hear Giles narrating them in my head. When we lose this provides a much needed chuckle.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to gummy For This Useful Post:

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

anyone else remember the times when Amare would drop 40+ on us easily? This doesn't happen anymore but that doesn't mean there aren't areas in our game which needs serious fixing.

When our team plays with passion - we can go toe to toe with anyone and even come out on top - the problem is most games which we lose - our players just have that uninterested look with their body language - whether its fatigue or some sort of a mental lapse - i haven't figured it out yet - tonight it was obvious George Hill was going through it - previously it was Hibbert who had been dealing with it for well over 8 games along with the rest of the players.

I just don't understand how almost the whole team is always off at the same time given for one or two players. That is a concern which has bugged me all my life as if the team just agrees before the game that they are going to half-*** it and call it in...

the thing which we're missing from the first half of the season is the hunger and passion - our players were wanting to win - they had that hunger and swagger in their game like something to prove - we've seen that glimpse in the Philly game and it was great - but they need to get to that on a regular basis like they did in the first 20 games of the season...the "smashmouth basketball"

Banned

Like I said before the Knicks are the 3rd best team on the east just wait for them to move up, again I hope we don't get this team on the playoffs.

Not blaming DC at all but when he dribbled the ball off his foot when the game was close that really killed our momentum.

Yes, that's a nice solid upgrade. We got better when we acquired George Hill. We will get a little better when Barbosa replaces Price's minutes.

The Pacers really need to give the keys to George Hill and he should play the lion's share of the minutes at the point with the starters. That will help this team just as reducing Troy Murphy's minutes last year would have helped the team.

BTW, once Troy left the Pacers his minutes dropped from 32 to 16 (Nets), 10 (Celtics) and 18 (Lakers). An average of that, around 15ppg, is about right for DC.

I won't blame this lose on DC or get down on him much, I liked his effort tonight, but this much is clear, he is not the long term answer at the point. I want some size at the position. That being said we are going to ride with him to the playoffs, and I'm not even sure if G.HILL starting is the answer, like some are calling for. Hill is great coming off the bench.

The answer is D.WILL. But I highly doubt we can get him.

ROY gets some love for his play tonight, but it sure would have been nice seeing Kaman backing him up tonight. Roy was killing for min, but he just ran out of GAS.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to odeez For This Useful Post:

Banned

I would also like to know what happened to West? 3points? Really? Vogel should had put Lou in his place.

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

its not the losses that disturb me - its the way we lose that does. even when your team loses you want to have that respect for them knowing they've done everything they could and give their best...when we get blown out like we do on our losses - I just don't feel that way.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bellisimo For This Useful Post:

Indeed, it would have also been nice to see Kaman backing up ROY tonight!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Magic P View Post
    Not blaming DC at all but when he dribbled the ball off his foot when the game was close that really killed our momentum.
    DC would not be DC if he doesn't do that.